Buffalo has talked to Mario Manningham- Per shefter

If he gets an offer from sf, a superbowl caliber team that he faced first hand, I'm sure he would like to be there. IMO

This team player very well this past year when they were healthy, and started to show signs of life despite a weak defense, and the rest of the league, especially teams that the Bills beat know this team isn't as bad as it's record, so I'm not convinced players will hold out for flashier teams, looking at our roster, there's a lot to like right now.

I really think this team is depth and a few key players away from really doing some damage next year.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right where he excels...in the slot!

The other poster said Manningham to the slot and I was responding to that.. Since that's where Nelson plays.

Manningham is a nice player, but I don't see him as an upgrade to what we already have. Unless we move Nelson to the #2 spot and put Manningham in the slot.. I just don't know if Nelson has the speed to be the #2.. I would rather the Bills sign a more physical receiver as a #2..

The other poster said Manningham to the slot and I was responding to that.. Since that's where Nelson plays.

Manningham is a nice player, but I don't see him as an upgrade to what we already have. Unless we move Nelson to the #2 spot and put Manningham in the slot.. I just don't know if Nelson has the speed to be the #2.. I would rather the Bills sign a more physical receiver as a #2..

Nelson was only playing the slot due to injury to Parrish. He was much more effective as the number 4 wr/h-back role they originally played him in. He was essentially a second tight end in alignment, and most of his success came from being in that position vs. the slot. He was pretty ineeffective as a slot receiver actually. I see him more as a Gronkowski type than a pure WR. With 20 more pounds he would definitely be a tight end.

His first gig was supposed to be Tampa but they signed Vincent Jackson. Other than height, this is the perfect fit.

If Easley's better than him, then we have Manningham play the slot! Wow, this is exciting stuff!

If Easley could make it one season without an early exit, I'd believe you.

Manningham is not a burner. I don't know if I get this, outside of messing with the Pats' heads.

Exactly - what we need is a vertical threat (I woulda loved to get Meacham). The problem here is that any FA that is good at this role usually wants a chance to be a #1, and not be a complementary #2 - and to get paid like a #1. Which often never works out (Peerless Price, anyone?), but as long as there's teams willing to pay them, that's where they'll go. Anyone left after this is probably not a huge upgrade over what we already have - and at least with our guys, there's upside to develop the WR we need.

I don't see the value in paying any of the FA WR's that are left the kinda $$ it'll take to bring them in. The payroll would increase significantly more than the production would. Let's hope one of our own can make one of those quantum leaps this year.

This team needs a #2 other teams would respect, we don't have that on this roster period and its going to have to come from Free agency. Heck if I was any FA WR I would tell the Bills 'I am not talking to you unless you fly me in personally like you did Meachum'. :-)

Exactly - what we need is a vertical threat (I woulda loved to get Meacham). The problem here is that any FA that is good at this role usually wants a chance to be a #1, and not be a complementary #2 - and to get paid like a #1. Which often never works out (Peerless Price, anyone?), but as long as there's teams willing to pay them, that's where they'll go. Anyone left after this is probably not a huge upgrade over what we already have - and at least with our guys, there's upside to develop the WR we need.

I don't see the value in paying any of the FA WR's that are left the kinda $$ it'll take to bring them in. The payroll would increase significantly more than the production would. Let's hope one of our own can make one of those quantum leaps this year.

Still, it would be great to get him just to make him a captain for the 2 Pats games. ;)

God no. He makes SJ's hands look like Calvin Johnson's... He is mediocre in every way, and great in no way...

I agree, never been all that impressed watching him play for the Giants. Plus he's now looking for Super Bowl hero money.

Michael Floyd

Please no.

Get Williams signed.

I would rather Robinson, but if Buddy and Chan want Manningham, i am fine with that.

Draft your LT in the first.

Either way, it looks like a lot of guys are waiting to see what Williams does. Almost like agents are saying,"Buffalo needs an upgrade at your position too, if Williams doesnt sign they will have the money to spend on you".?

In the event Easley is healthy...Manningham will not really add much value to the roster...

This "Easley love" is ridiculous. He has ZERO catches in the NFL, he was a one year starter at

"football power" U Conn and he was a 4th round draft choice. Someone, PLEASE tell me why

there is this optimism about Easley being the answer as a legitimate #2 WR.

I get that Easley is a guy to root for and I get that he hasn't been healthy, but I don't understand

the blind optimism. Heck, folks here BURIED CJ Spiller because he was playing behind the Bills'

best offensive player (Fred Jackson) and didn't get a chance until Jackson got hurt.