What about Flynn?

DC Grid

Matt Flynn isn't drawing near as much interest as expected. Now that the Bills have struck out with Mario and Meachem, why not get a potetial franchise QB and huge upgrade with am incetive ladened deal?

Flynn will go to a team that offers him the #1 job. The Bills won't (and shouldn't IMO) do that.

Matt Flynn isn't drawing near as much interest as expected. Now that the Bills have struck out with Mario and Meachem, why not get a potetial franchise QB and huge upgrade with am incetive ladened deal?

Based on a huge sample size of 2 games played on a team with a stacked offense, you are concluding that Matt Flynn is a huge upgrade and potential franchise QB? Nice

I just think it hilarious that a very average college QB on a loaded LSU team who was a 7th rounder is such a prize. Imagine if Fitz hit FA after his first start for the Rams where he threw over 300+ yards and 3 tds?

But anyone is better than Fitz right?

I just think it hilarious that a very average college QB on a loaded LSU team who was a 7th rounder is such a prize. Imagine if Fitz hit FA after his first start for the Rams where he threw over 300+ yards and 3 tds?

I like Fitz, but I fear the Fitz we saw last year is the "real" Fitz. I fear the large sample set that shows Fitz capable of being great in small stretches but average to below average on the whole is what he is. Flynn has a small sample set, yes, but it's all good. I'm not saying there isn't risk, but I think a risk is worth taking at the most important position in the game. Flynn is a younger guy with a stronger arm. My suggestion was if he is willing to sign an incentive laddened deal, why not do it. If he bonks, the Bills took a shot and Fitz wins the job, and the Bills are in no worse position than they are now.

I'm sorry, if you have some specific information about the Mario Williams deal - then share it ASAP. If not, I'm locking this thread for trolling.

I was in no way attempting to "Troll." I didn't think it was a big leap to say that since Mario is headed out of town in short order and the fact that it is now being reported that he will meet with other teams, starting tonight, that he is not going to sign with the Bills. Standard rule of FA and negotiation in general is when the other side leaves the table, it's over. I've seen this in the NFL time and time again and I see this every week first hand in negotiations for my client.

I was in no way attempting to "Troll." I didn't think it was a big leap to say that since Mario is headed out of town in short order and the fact that it is now being reported that he will meet with other teams, starting tonight, that he is not going to sign with the Bills. Standard rule of FA and negotiation in general is when the other side leaves the table, it's over. I've seen this in the NFL time and time again and I see this every week first hand in negotiations for my client.

Good call Chief.

When you actually have some real facts to declare - please do so. Right now, you are Baghdad Bob.

The teams that need a QB are waiting to see what Peyton Manning does before they go after Flynn, an obvious unknown commodity.

Kevin Kolb -Matt Leinhart anyone? The Bills have more need at other positions to go after another one of those guys

BTW just read that the Seahawk's will bring in Flynn on Thursday now that Manning refused to even meet with them, again NFC thing I thin. Someone on twitter was saying Flynn to Browns, and very close to a deal

Edited by Fear the Beard

I like Fitz, but I fear the Fitz we saw last year is the "real" Fitz. I fear the large sample set that shows Fitz capable of being great in small stretches but average to below average on the whole is what he is. Flynn has a small sample set, yes, but it's all good. I'm not saying there isn't risk, but I think a risk is worth taking at the most important position in the game. Flynn is a younger guy with a stronger arm. My suggestion was if he is willing to sign an incentive laddened deal, why not do it. If he bonks, the Bills took a shot and Fitz wins the job, and the Bills are in no worse position than they are now.

Past experience is certainly useful when making decisions. But the announcement that Mario signed today is one reason why you can't make a leap...

He's in fact much like fitz. So-so arm, mobile, passionate leader. Theres no way we sign a premium qb unless he's pretty much a sure bet. I don't buy that Flynn is that.