Eric Winston, Texans RT released!!!

As someone said guy played LT at Miami...

He played left tackle in college and was moved to right tackle in the pros… just like Chris Hairston and dozens of other linemen.

That's a pretty common story, almost as common as "he played tackle in college but was moved to guard in the pros."

There's only a few people on earth who can play left tackle competently.

There's a reason Winston has been a right tackle for 6 years as a pro.

And it's not because he had the talent to play left tackle.

Is it impossible for a RT to play LT and do it well?

Impossible? No.

Ive heard of him!!!!!!!! Holy Smokes He must be a great player if the Texans just let him go! They didn't even ask him to restructure his deal! AHHHHHHHH Get it done Buddy!

link to where they never asked him to restructure? im not choosing sides here on whether I would like the bills to pursue him or not...but I havent seen evidence one way or another that the Texans didnt ask him to restructure and he refused, so they let him walk...hes gotta at least be a good run blocker (so are Pears and Hairston though) b/c the Texans have had a potent rushing game the past few years - even though I believe they run mostly zone blocking schemes

on a related note, I dont think you can say we have Pears and Hairston at RT, because right now, we would be starting Hairston at LT, so technically we still need OT depth at both sides

OK so if you upgrade who are you going to dump, you can't have 3 RT on the roster and they just gave pears an extension and Hairston was a rookie last year.

Actually, you CAN have 3 RTs on the roster, but the Bills view Hairston as more of a 'swing tackle' (he's currently listed as the #2 LT on the depth chart).

But I agree - the Bills would do better to sign a LT (6' 9" - 340 lbs. Jared Gaither?) and, if adding a RT at all, doing it thru the draft where you can get a decent prospect (6' 5"- 325 lbs. Levy Adcock?), put him on the practice squad, develop him, and call on him in case of injuries.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

1331599054[/url]' post='2402571']

You are crazy. If the Bills can upgrade, they should.

No, they shouldn't. They should spend money at the portions they need to shore up as opposed to sending a quality starter to the bench and another one deeper on the bench. I like Winston, and if he or pears or Hairston would be good LTs, i'd be all for it. But they don't.

No, they shouldn't. They should spend money at the portions they need to shore up as opposed to sending a quality starter to the bench and another one deeper on the bench. I like Winston, and if he or pears or Hairston would be good LTs, i'd be all for it. But they don't.

Everyone cries that we have no depth, but then cries when someone suggests they make that happen. Whaaaatever.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Hairston fill in at LT when Bell got hurt before getting hurt himself? I think he played alright as well. Not great, but he was a rookie. You have to expect he'll make strides in the offseason. I actually think Hairston is our backup plan for LT if Bell leaves.

link to where they never asked him to restructure? im not choosing sides here on whether I would like the bills to pursue him or not...but I havent seen evidence one way or another that the Texans didnt ask him to restructure and he refused, so they let him walk...hes gotta at least be a good run blocker (so are Pears and Hairston though) b/c the Texans have had a potent rushing game the past few years - even though I believe they run mostly zone blocking schemes

on a related note, I dont think you can say we have Pears and Hairston at RT, because right now, we would be starting Hairston at LT, so technically we still need OT depth at both sides

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/texans-cut-eric-winston/

Second paragraph opted to release him instead of asking him to take a pay cut. Even he was surprised, that tells me they didn't bother asking

Edited by Captain Hindsight