Eric Winston, Texans RT released!!!

Dion Caputi ‏ @nfldraftupdate

#Texans RT Eric Winston, 28, set to count $5.5 million against Houston's cap in '12, announce he was released by team Monday. Houston saves $4.5M.

really liked this kid in college but don't know if we really need him. Texans will probably re-sign at a lower price.

As someone said guy played LT at Miami...

If Bills think he can play Left they should be all over him, don't if Reiff would be any better so Winston might be the way to go.

Everyone cries that we have no depth, but then cries when someone suggests they make that happen. Whaaaatever.

Agreed. It seems that people want to have depth behind mediocre starters instead of constantly looking to upgrade. Once we upgrade these positions the existing starters become depth.

Any position that can be upgraded should be if it doesn't break the bank. The priority positions aren't the only ones we should be looking to upgrade.

Edited by VADC Bills

I would still sign Winston either way. Not only is he a year and some change younger than Pears. He has one more year experience. And he is way more talented. I would restructure Pears to stay as depth. Or just cut the dude. Either way. Upgrading is never a bad thing. It does show that you aren't loyal to your players though, but there is little room for sympathy in this business.

a 4 time league MVP just got released....

therefore he must suck ...

Mario Williams just got released....

therefore he must suck....

Eric Winston would IMMEDIATELY become the best tackle on this team.

therefore WE must suck....

I agree about upgrading but you can't pay everyone top dollar. We also have to consider big money extensions to Levitre and Wood soon. Also in a couple of years you have to make a decision on Spiller. This is why drafting is so important. You can't keep everyone and need inexpensive replacements to come in and play well.