Long distance relationship

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Look, I'm not going to be buddies with you. We were in too deep. And I realize you need to experiment with other boyfriends. Get to it, then give me a call when you decide you need a manfriend. 'Til then, sugartits."

...is what I would say.

I have to agree..... the two of you had a great thing going, but something in her changed that, don't do the half in half out. i know she's young, but if she is going to come around, she will. Don't let yourself stay too emotionally invested in this because in the long run if you don't get her for the next 50 years it'll hurt that much more.

She heard you have a new car, that's why she called.

Wait, what?! You're talking with the roomate also? Why?

(and if she really wants to keep you around, suggest a threesome with the roomate)

The roomie called me to see how I was doing. Were pretty good friends but we agreed not to let the ex know we talked. Im trying to just move past this whole thing. I agree with what everyone has been saying that this is likely only to get me hurt more talking to her so our conversations have been few and far between since last friday or whenever that was.

My thinking now is if I still feel this way about her in a year and were both single I'll give her a call, but I cant put too much stock in it. I have to grow up and live my life and she has to do the same. I know I did everything I could and little whispers ive heard from her friends and roommate tell me that they all think shes making a big mistake (I tend to agree but im a bit biased). I guess well see what happens.

The roomie called me to see how I was doing. Were pretty good friends but we agreed not to let the ex know we talked. Im trying to just move past this whole thing. I agree with what everyone has been saying that this is likely only to get me hurt more talking to her so our conversations have been few and far between since last friday or whenever that was.

She called you?

Tap that, you dumbass. :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for you guys

Weve been talking a bit. Nothing really ground breaking. I told her how much I missed her and she said she needed this and needed space ect. So I backed off for a few days. She sent me a text and we talked briefly then i sent her one a few days later talked briefly.

I talked to her roommate the other night and explained to her that i was worried about my ex forgetting me and that I wanted this to work ect. She told me that she thinks (based on what shes heard and seen) that she has every intention of staying in touch with me and seeing where we are in a while. The roommate thinks that for now this is temporary and if I want this to work, I should just be patient.

Today I got to work and we had no power so I texted my ex and asked what i should do with my new found day off and we talked a bit. I said something like "Ok well I know your busy I wont keep bugging you with my boredom" She responded "Captain Hindsight, I hate when you do that... you never bug me. I'd tell you if I couldnt talk to you cause i was busy. Stop thinking that bc we arent dating youve all of a sudden become the most annoying person in the world to me. Because you arent. Youre still a very close friend to and if your bored I want you to be able to text me."

I said i was sorry and I was just trying to respect her space. She said "I know you are and i really do appreciate that. But if your gonna talk to me, then talk to me. When you do that it makes me feel bad like you think im ignoring you or something and Im not."

I said" I know you not ignoring me, like i said im just trying to respect your space and let you live, but i'll remember that."

We talked after that a bit just like we had a month before and then the conversation fizzled. And here I am.

I know my gift is in hindsight and that I may be setting myself up for failure but i decided that I'm willing to wait for her to figure things out and hopefully we can get back together when I'm closer and this is just a footnote in our relationship. Things shes said and her roommate has said suggest this could work. I havent doubted my feelings for her, ever. Since we met, ive known. I cant explain it, i dont understand it, but I know. I'll fight for it, wait for it, whatever it takes. But i know.

I know you guys give it to me straight. Am I being crazy? Or am I right to be fight for what I am sure is my future wife?