Nix tipping his hand

I like it that he opens up about his thoughts(it keeps the fans updated), but doesn't this hurt them on draft day? If you want OT Martin (seems to be Nix's top rated after Kalil) you will have to trade up to 9 to get him or if you want a DE you will not have to worry about Buffalo taking one. In poker it's better to not show your cards.

Or is this all just a smokescreen? Does Nix even know what a smokescreen is?

Thoughts?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it that he opens up about his thoughts(it keeps the fans updated), but doesn't this hurt them on draft day? If you want OT Martin (seems to be Nix's top rated after Kalil) you will have to trade up to 9 to get him or if you want a DE you will not have to worry about Buffalo taking one. In poker it's better to not show your cards.

Thoughts?

I guess you will find out on draft day.

What did Buddy say that makes you think Martin is the target?

I haven't seen or heard the interview so I am curious as to what was said.

They do seem to be willing to give more insight into their targets than most teams do.

They totally telegraphed the Spiller pick and were pretty obvious last year as well (although last year's pick of Dareus was pretty much a no brainer)

Thoughts?

You say that Nix tipped his hand yet you have all these questions.

They do seem to be willing to give more insight into their targets than most teams do.

They totally telegraphed the Spiller pick and were pretty obvious last year as well (although last year's pick of Dareus was pretty much a no brainer)

Just reading his quotes in interviews. No exact quote saying he loves Martin.

Edited by qwksilver

Thoughts?

I think he knows how to be smart about what he chooses to divulge. He recently said this regarding the upcoming draft:“I think in my mind I can probably give you three areas that I think will be there at our pick,” he said. “I wouldn’t identify those because that would limit us against everybody else.”

So if he's worried about letting people know what he feels will be there when we pick, I'd figure he knows how to be careful when discussing draft strategies.

Hate to say it but I don't think other NFL teams are too worried about what Nix is planning to do on draft day.

This would be incorrect. Regardless of how bad we've been, I certainly think other teams are thinking about who we may take considering it can definitely make a difference on who they take or any kind of deals they make.

Edited by Bangarang

I don't think him tipping his hand really does much. I mean, Indy and St Louis have done more than tip their hand, they have outright said what they are going to do (or try to do) with their picks.

I think this year, more than the others, it is harder to tell where he is going. He doesn't seem to be that interested in the DEs available in the top ten. He really seems to like Claiborne most, and he won't be there.

I agree with PTR that they try to trade down this year. that top ten pick just doesn't look very nice this year. and if they can't trade down, then they either draft a whitner type pick and make a huge reach, or they take someone who falls to us unexpectly.

I personally would be fine if we picked one of the OTs or Upshaw I would be ok with it.

I am kind of worried about the draft this year. not really sure what to expect from the new guys like cook as evaluators. I am really just crossing my fingers.

He did say in an earlier interview that if there is a tackle there (In the draft) that we think fits in with what we want to do and we feel he can help our football team we are going to take him.

If Richardson is there definitely. If Coples is there maybe.

Richardson could be someone people target, and I think even more so if Poe is still around, a team (KC) would be very interested in it....so while its a POSSIBILITY, I doubt it, and we draft at 10

and probably draft Martin at 10 - on all of the tackle prospects (1st rounders anyway), Nix offered lots of info, and some negative about all prospects except for Martin, all he said about Martin was "good player, very goood player

Thoughts?

Well I think that they have to use the media to their advantage.

But if they dont get a LB or DE I will be disappointed.

This would be incorrect. Regardless of how bad we've been, I certainly think other teams are thinking about who we may take considering it can definitely make a difference on who they take or any kind of deals they make.

It doesn't matter. Any human with half of a functioning brain can figure out what the Bills big needs are on draft day. Its not like the rest of the league had no idea we need an OT and a DE prior to Buddy saying so.

Well I think that they have to use the media to their advantage.

But if they dont get a LB or DE I will be disappointed.

Be prepared to be disappointed by the pick at #10 then. It's going to be WR, OT, or CB.