sign Brees

With all this talk of trading up for RG3 lets sign Brees instead. Talks are not going and they may franchise, then again they may not.

"Brees is coming off one of the most prolific passing seasons in NFL history, setting a single-season NFL record with 5,476 yards and leading the league with 46 touchdown passes. Brees’ agent is Tom Condon of CAA Football, who negotiated Peyton Manning’s $18 million per year contract with the Indianapolis Colts last July.

Given Condon’s experience negotiating quarterback contracts, and Brees’ importance to the Saints offense and his role in the New Orleans community, it’s a surprise that particular contract hasn’t been wrapped up already. Brees hasn’t missed a game due to injury during his six seasons with the Saints and, after turning 33 in January, is the same age that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was when he signed a four-year, $72 million contract in 2010.

Guaranteed money is likely the issue holding up the Brees deal."

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2012/02/29/new-orleans-saints-and-qb-drew-brees-still-far-apart-in-contract-talks/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the past CBA, a team who signed a tagged player had to surrender two first round picks. Is that still the case with the new CBA? If so, I think the bills should attempt to sign Brees to a contract the Saints could not match. I don't think Brees will leave New Orleans, but you don't know until you show him the money.

And for those who say why would he want to leave a playoff team to go to Buffalo, ask yourself why the Saints went to the playoffs. They went to the playoffs because of Brees, not because of the overall talent on their roster. Just like the Colts were a playoff team with Manning and stunk without him. It shows how important the qb position is.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

With all this talk of trading up for RG3 lets sign Brees instead. Talks are not going and they may franchise, then again they may not.

"Brees is coming off one of the most prolific passing seasons in NFL history, setting a single-season NFL record with 5,476 yards and leading the league with 46 touchdown passes. Brees’ agent is Tom Condon of CAA Football, who negotiated Peyton Manning’s $18 million per year contract with the Indianapolis Colts last July.

Given Condon’s experience negotiating quarterback contracts, and Brees’ importance to the Saints offense and his role in the New Orleans community, it’s a surprise that particular contract hasn’t been wrapped up already. Brees hasn’t missed a game due to injury during his six seasons with the Saints and, after turning 33 in January, is the same age that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was when he signed a four-year, $72 million contract in 2010.

Guaranteed money is likely the issue holding up the Brees deal."

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2012/02/29/new-orleans-saints-and-qb-drew-brees-still-far-apart-in-contract-talks/

This is a ridiculous thread but I will say I am glad to see that you are no longer obsessed with Talleywhacker.

This is a ridiculous thread but I will say I am glad to see that you are no longer obsessed with Talleywhacker.

You know it's gotten bad when crayonz is calling you ridiculous!

I gotta say, you do come up with some interesting threads. But theyre interesting in the same way stepping in dog poop is interesting. hahaha :thumbsup:

Ahh, the offseason...