Davy Jones dies at 66

The Poojer

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's the reason David Bowie is David Bowie. Bowie's real name is David Jones.

came in here to say this haha

Bowie first was recording as Davey Jones - but then he got signed by a diff. company who said he couldnt use Davey Jones anymore b/c of Davy Jones....so he went with Bowie b/c of Bowie knife and he liked how it made one think of a weapon (like Mick Jagger made him think of a dangerous dagger)

I was being nice. I know they were dead wrong. Sheeesh!

I think Juarnimo was pulling your leg...he is quite the jokester! Kind of the ieatcrayonz for the new generation.

They bordered on light-weight, but "Steppin' Stone" is one of the great garage-pop tunes of all time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y08ingivLdQ&feature=related

Edited by Buftex

I think Juarnimo was pulling your leg...he is quite the jokester! Kind of the ieatcrayonz for the new generation.

They bordered on light-weight, but "Steppin' Stone" is one of the great garage-pop tunes of all time!

youtube.com/watch?v=Y08ingivLdQ&feature=related

You do realize they did not write nor record that song right?

You do realize they did not write nor record that song right?

Well...I know they didn't write it (Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart wrote it), but "they" recorded it as much as they recorded any other song. I am sure the music was played by a bunch of session guys...Mike Nesmith was the only one who was a musician, when they were cast as the Monkees. I am pretty sure, if nothing else, Mickey Dolenz is singing the vocal. It is likely much like that with most of their records. For all intents and purposes, it was the Monkees....and it was a great single.