Documentary shows Buffalo might have been.....

I rented the documentary "Tim Tebow: Everything In Between." which follows Tebow after his senior year in preparation for the 2010 NFL Draft. If you recall there were a handful of teams very interested in drafting Tebow - one rumored to being Buffalo. After Tebow was selected by Denver, Mel Kiper stated that he thought the Bills were devastated that he was off the board and that Tebow was probably going to be their pick. Of course, at the end of Day One when Buddy was questioned by reporters he claimed that the team was NOT interested in Tebow, nor any other quarterback in that year's draft class.

However, watching the documentary you can see it's not the case. At one point in the film at Tebow's pro day, you can prominently see Buddy Nix is almost every shot. Yes there were a lot of scouts there but Buddy (not so coincidently) is standing right up in the front. Later when Tebow's agent show's the first round draft board, he has starts by a number of teams but lists Denver, Buffalo, and Jacksonville as very interested teams. FInally as he's discussing potential first round landing spots he says that Buffalo has been going back and forth with him all week about drafting Tebow in the first two rounds. One day they wanted to, and the next week they didn't.

So not a knock on the Bills or Buddy, but after watching this I think this lends more to the credibility to the reports that the Bills were very interested in drafting Tim Tebow. It definitely would have been fun to see that one play out!

I rented the documentary "Tim Tebow: Everything In Between." which follows Tebow after his senior year in preparation for the 2010 NFL Draft. If you recall there were a handful of teams very interested in drafting Tebow - one rumored to being Buffalo. After Tebow was selected by Denver, Mel Kiper stated that he thought the Bills were devastated that he was off the board and that Tebow was probably going to be their pick. Of course, at the end of Day One when Buddy was questioned by reporters he claimed that the team was NOT interested in Tebow, nor any other quarterback in that year's draft class.

However, watching the documentary you can see it's not the case. At one point in the film at Tebow's pro day, you can prominently see Buddy Nix is almost every shot. Yes there were a lot of scouts there but Buddy (not so coincidently) is standing right up in the front. Later when Tebow's agent show's the first round draft board, he has starts by a number of teams but lists Denver, Buffalo, and Jacksonville as very interested teams. FInally as he's discussing potential first round landing spots he says that Buffalo has been going back and forth with him all week about drafting Tebow in the first two rounds. One day they wanted to, and the next week they didn't.

So not a knock on the Bills or Buddy, but after watching this I think this lends more to the credibility to the reports that the Bills were very interested in drafting Tim Tebow. It definitely would have been fun to see that one play out!

None of that was new even before the draft. Buddy was one of few if any GMs at his proday if I remember correct. The agent was publicly using buffalo to drum up the first round bidding war. What of it was true on draft day could be anything, we will never know.

trade him for Spiller

I don't think anyone is denying the Bills were interested in Tebow. I just don't think he was who they were trying to trade back up for. I still think it was Dan Wiliams. Which I think the Troup pick in round 2 kind of confirms.

Yeah I think Buffalo was thinking about Tebow in the second round. As oppose to trading up in the back of the first for him. Granted I was so relieved that Denver took him and not Buffalo. And still I would rather have Fitz anyway.

I don't think anyone is denying the Bills were interested in Tebow. I just don't think he was who they were trying to trade back up for. I still think it was Dan Wiliams. Which I think the Troup pick in round 2 kind of confirms.

It was Demaryius Thomas. A respected poster with a source at OBD reported it.

Fun? Oh my gosh, that would have been a disaster. I like the guy, but he cannot throw the ball. In Chan's offense, Tebow would have been a complete nightmare

I'm glad we didn't pick him also. Especially in the early rounds! Trade up for a project player?? No way. We needed a huge infusion of talent in a lot of areas, especially on defense. I like Tebow and his attitude, but to waste an early round pick (within the first 3 rounds) on a project would have been a huge mistake, exactly like we've seen so many times on draft day the previous 11 years.

That's what I said right after the draft and someone reported that they were after Tebow. Gailey coached Thomas, they had a big need at WR, and he is an excellent blocker, which is what they were looking for in a WR, obviously along with receiving talent.

this is incorrect

it was Tebow- Chan was building his spread offense around Tebow

Ralph was pissed and blew a gasket publicly when the Broncos were able to out maneuver the Bills back into the fist round.

Fun? Oh my gosh, that would have been a disaster. I like the guy, but he cannot throw the ball. In Chan's offense, Tebow would have been a complete nightmare

You do realize that the offense as it stands today doesn't match what it'd be for tebow.

It's possible that Buddy was doing his due diligence with Tebow and scrutinizing him very closely… and that he ultimately decided that Tebow wasn't what the doctor ordered.

In other words, Buddy's presence at his workouts and his proximity to Tebow certainly could mean that they were closely evaluating him but it doesn't mean that they would have pulled the trigger.

I've thoroughly researched a lot of things that I didn't ultimately end up buying.

Just a thought.

edit: But for full disclosure I haven't watched the documentary.

this is incorrect

it was Tebow- Chan was building his spread offense around Tebow

Ralph was pissed and blew a gasket publicly when the Broncos were able to out maneuver the Bills back into the fist round.

Yes, because Tebow's glacial release, wild inaccuracy and questionable decision-making are a perfect fit for a spread offense.

I hear this year they're going after Wes Welker in free agency to be the centerpiece of their deep strike offense.

Your story about moving up for Tebow is nothing more than a fabricated fairy tale.

The fact is that the Bills wanted to move up and grab Demaryius Thomas, who Doug Whaley had actually flown south to visit a few days before the draft.

my thoughts exactly

Troup was a reach after not being able to get williams

Yes, because Tebow's glacial release, wild inaccuracy and questionable decision-making are a perfect fit for a spread offense.

I hear this year they're going after Wes Welker in free agency to be the centerpiece of their deep strike offense.

Your story about moving up for Tebow is nothing more than a fabricated fairy tale.

The fact is that the Bills wanted to move up and grab Demaryius Thomas, who Doug Whaley had actually flown south to visit a few days before the draft.

perfect fit for a Chan Gailey offense

no way Ralph throws the fit he did over losing out on Demaryius Thomas

Ralph has no clue who Thomas is

seems you are the one heavily into Aesop's fables

Edited by spartacus