Season Ticket prices will not change this season

Just Jack

From an email moments ago......

The 2012 off-season has officially started and we are eager to kick it off the right way. On behalf of our owner, Mr. Ralph Wilson and the entire Buffalo Bills Organization, we are pleased to announce that Season Ticket Pricing will remain flat for the 2012 season.

Last season truly brought back the home field advantage to Ralph Wilson Stadium. Who can forget the last second victory over the Oakland Raiders or the heart stopping comeback versus the New England Patriots. It was fantastic to hear the roar of our crowd and to feel the exhilaration as we walked out of the stadium after those games.

General Manager Buddy Nix and Head Coach Chan Gailey have done a great job developing the nucleus of our team. We will continue to add talented players through free agency and the draft. As an organization, we are committed to building upon a strong foundation and taking a significant step forward. One of the biggest factors in helping us to achieve this goal is you, our loyal Season Ticket Holders. You continue to be the backbone of our organization and it is your support, leadership and commitment that allows for us to perform at our best each and every week.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rockpile and Tops Family Corner are cutting prices, from the press release.....

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Buffalo Bills announced that season ticket prices will remain flat for the 2012 season while prices in the Tops Family Corner and Coors Light Rockpile sections will be significantly reduced.  Tops Family Corner ticket prices will be $30 per game – reduced $10 from last season.  The Coors Light Rockpile prices will be $25 per game – reduced $15 from last season.

Just saw this too but I'm torn. I can't commit to anything until after free agency and the draft. I gave me tickets up 2 years ago and the ones I had are still available I would love to be back there.

I wish I could talk myself into them but I also wish I could talk myself into believing they actually care about winning........

Until that happens I'll stay home and watch.

Press Release

“Our season ticket fan base is the backbone of our franchise" Yet you are sticking them with a worthless pre season game that is contractually scheduled to be played in Toronto. Yet Bills season ticket holders pay a larger percentage of their bill for worthless preseason games than any other team in the league. Yet you still make season ticket holders pay full price for "Kids Day" when everyone else in the stadium pays peanuts. Yeah Russ, really looking out for your season ticket holders!

Edited by ET1062

The Rockpile and Tops Family Corner are cutting prices, from the press release.....

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Buffalo Bills announced that season ticket prices will remain flat for the 2012 season while prices in the Tops Family Corner and Coors Light Rockpile sections will be significantly reduced.  Tops Family Corner ticket prices will be $30 per game – reduced $10 from last season.  The Coors Light Rockpile prices will be $25 per game – reduced $15 from last season.

It is cool that prices are not increasing, and going down, in some cases. But, maybe just the paranoid Bills fan in me, that won't look good to the other NFL owners...you can actually get a ticket to a pro NFL football game in Buffalo for not a lot more than it would cost for two people to go to a movie.

It is cool that prices are not increasing, and going down, in some cases.

They aren't exactly staying flat or going down, season tickets holders have to pay for a worthless preseason game that should be played in Toronto. All of our season ticket bills will be much higher than they should be. Any lawyers here, if the Bills signed a contract to play a preseason game in Toronto this year can we force their hand and not make them force us to pay for it now that the game is being played in Orchard Park?

They aren't exactly staying flat or going down, season tickets holders have to pay for a worthless preseason game that should be played in Toronto. All of our season ticket bills will be much higher than they should be. Any lawyers here, if the Bills signed a contract to play a preseason game in Toronto this year can we force their hand and not make them force us to pay for it now that the game is being played in Orchard Park?

That's what I'd like to know. They say they're not raising prices, but somehow my bill will be more than it was supposed to be. The only good thing about the Toronto series was that every other year, they are supposed to take one preseason game.

How can there be a scheduling conflict when you have a month of dates to get the game in?

How can there be a scheduling conflict when you have a month of dates to get the game in?

IMO, the "scheduling conflict" is an excuse... Think about this:

1: The NFL schedule is a good 2 months away from even being done. Preseason schedule comes even after that.

2: Rogers has already paid for the game. If you paid for something, why would'nt you get what you paid for?

My guess is: Rogers would make more money (or, more accurately, lose less money) by not having the game, as opposed to having it. If they have the game in Toronto, I assume that Rogers would be responsible for paying the parking attendants, ticket takers, concessions staff, ushers, security, etc. If they aren't making anough money on the game and the residuals to pay these people, that means they're losing money.

This tells me that the Toronto Series is done after this year. Rogers obviously isnt making money on it, so, in order for them to want it, the price tag would have to be lower... But, if Ralph doesn't make money off of the deal, there's no reason for him to agree to it, either.

-Bill

IMO, the "scheduling conflict" is an excuse... Think about this:

1: The NFL schedule is a good 2 months away from even being done. Preseason schedule comes even after that.

2: Rogers has already paid for the game. If you paid for something, why would'nt you get what you paid for?

My guess is: Rogers would make more money (or, more accurately, lose less money) by not having the game, as opposed to having it. If they have the game in Toronto, I assume that Rogers would be responsible for paying the parking attendants, ticket takers, concessions staff, ushers, security, etc. If they aren't making anough money on the game and the residuals to pay these people, that means they're losing money.

This tells me that the Toronto Series is done after this year. Rogers obviously isnt making money on it, so, in order for them to want it, the price tag would have to be lower... But, if Ralph doesn't make money off of the deal, there's no reason for him to agree to it, either.

-Bill

Sorry, bur Russ also tweeted this:

Russ Brandon @RussBrandon

We are currently working with Rogers Communications to extend our agreement to play #Bills games at Rogers Centre.

Blue Jays Press Release

I call B.S. "The move was necessitated due to a potential scheduling conflict at Rogers Centre" Potential? Hey Rogers, you signed a contract to take a preseason game, honor the contract! Hey Bills, make them honor their contract and DO NOT MAKE YOUR SEASON TICKET HOLDERS PAY FOR THIS GAME!!!

First it's "...how dare they move our games to Toronto!" Now it's "...how dare they move our games back from Toronto!"

My seats are in the Rockpile so I'm thrilled, even with having to pay for the extra pre-season game. I just saved about $400!

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The only redeaming thing about the Toronto experiment was that they would take a meaningless preseason game every other year. Now Ralph is going to make his season ticket holders pay for this game when he has already received a check from Rogers. It is bad enough that we have to pay for worthless meaningless games in December. Maybe I won't renue, I have had it with this pathetic organization.

The only redeaming thing about the Toronto experiment was that they would take a meaningless preseason game every other year. Now Ralph is going to make his season ticket holders pay for this game when he has already received a check from Rogers. It is bad enough that we have to pay for worthless meaningless games in December. Maybe I won't renue, I have had it with this pathetic organization.

Every NFL team gets 2 pre-season games. Quit whining. :doh:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sorry, bur Russ also tweeted this:

Russ Brandon @RussBrandon

We are currently working with Rogers Communications to extend our agreement to play #Bills games at Rogers Centre.

Yeah, did you see what the Season Ticket email said? It's in the first post of this thread...

General Manager Buddy Nix and Head Coach Chan Gailey have done a great job developing the nucleus of our team. We will continue to add talented players through free agency and the draft.

Do you believe that too?

Meanwhile, Buddy and Chan are 10-22 in two seasons, while our #1 WR is an UFA with contract talks going nowhere fast.

I couldn't care less what Russ Brandon says or tweets... Until words become action, it means nothing.

BTW, I'm currently working on getting a threeway with Katy Perry and Anna Kourniova... I will provide more information once terms are finalized.

-Bill

Edited by BLeonard

only in Bills land do folks complain about games going to Toronto and then turn around and complain when they come back.

Bills tickets remain at or near the lowest prices in the NFL.

i've had 4 seats for over 25 years....i'm going to increase them to 8 this year.

GO BILLS !!!!!

only in Bills land do folks complain about games going to Toronto and then turn around and complain when they come back.

Bills tickets remain at or near the lowest prices in the NFL.

i've had 4 seats for over 25 years....i'm going to increase them to 8 this year.

GO BILLS !!!!!

If you can find one post that ever complained about losing a preseason game to Toronto, I will give you major props.

Ha! As if Bills fans would attend 8 reg season games.

PTR

I will gladly pay for 8/2 over 7/2. Are you people just idiots for the sake of being an idiot?

Yeah, did you see what the Season Ticket email said? It's in the first post of this thread...

Do you believe that too?

Meanwhile, Buddy and Chan are 10-22 in two seasons, while our #1 WR is an UFA with contract talks going nowhere fast.

I couldn't care less what Russ Brandon says or tweets... Until words become action, it means nothing.

BTW, I'm currently working on getting a threeway with Katy Perry and Anna Kourniova... I will provide more information once terms are finalized.

-Bill

there is a much better chance we sign stevie......laffin....couldn't resist.

Every NFL team gets 8 Regular Season games, except for the Bills!

FALSE !!.....games are played in London.

That's what I'd like to know. They say they're not raising prices, but somehow my bill will be more than it was supposed to be. The only good thing about the Toronto series was that every other year, they are supposed to take one preseason game.

All that's open at the skydome in August is 24,25,26. I think that weekend there will be a band(rolling stones) playing in the skydome. August 27 CFL game

Edited by Hammered a Lot

All that's open at the skydome in August is 24,25,26. I think that weekend there will be a band(rolling stones) playing in the skydome.

Plus I can't imagine it's a fast turnaround from football to baseball in Skydome. Not like hockey to basketball in an arena.

Plus I can't imagine it's a fast turnaround from football to baseball in Skydome. Not like hockey to basketball in an arena.

Skydome has open dates from aug 20 to 29, friday 24, sat.25 Sun 26. Monday 27 CFL game

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Every NFL team gets 2 pre-season games. Quit whining. :doh:

PTR

I thought I heard, during Super Bowl week, that Goodell and Co were actually looking to have more neautural sight game arraingements, for more teams. The Rams will play one of their "home games" in London each year, and there was mention of more teams playing one of their home games on foreign soil. Not sure how to feel about that, but, suddenly, Toronto doesn't seem so bad.

I can see it now, 17 different teams each play a "home" game in Los Angeles! :P

Edited by Buftex

It is a privilege, NOT a right, to have season tickets. If you are looking for validation that look at me I have season tickets and have to pay more, spare me.

If it bothers you, do NOT renew. Then you can properly get on Ralph instead of having an avatar to 'sell the team' and in turn, lace his pockets by getting season tickets.

I thought I heard, during Super Bowl week, that Goodell and Co were actually looking to have more neautural sight game arraingements, for more teams. The Rams will play one of their "home games" in London each year, and there was mention of more teams playing one of their home games on foreign soil. Not sure how to feel about that, but, suddenly, Toronto doesn't seem so bad.

I can see it now, 17 different teams each play a "home" game in Los Angeles! :P

Mexico City?

It is a privilege, NOT a right, to have season tickets. If you are looking for validation that look at me I have season tickets and have to pay more, spare me.

If it bothers you, do NOT renew. Then you can properly get on Ralph instead of having an avatar to 'sell the team' and in turn, lace his pockets by getting season tickets.

I guess you missed the part where Brandon says, “Our season ticket fan base is the backbone of our franchise" Or the part where Rogers has already paid Ralph for this game! The Bills are double dipping on the backbone of their franchise! Tickets should be free for this game to season ticket holders!

Preseason comes out before the regular season, examples from just the past two years...

2010 - Preseason released March 31st, Regular season released April 20th

2011 - Preseason released April 12th, Regular season released April 19th

So it's possible they already know the preseason schedule, and are trying to work out a date that works for Rogers. I think the Bills will play at Detroit in week 4.

Preseason comes out before the regular season, examples from just the past two years...

2010 - Preseason released March 31st, Regular season released April 20th

2011 - Preseason released April 12th, Regular season released April 19th

So it's possible they already know the preseason schedule, and are trying to work out a date that works for Rogers. I think the Bills will play at Detroit in week 4.

I submit Exhibit A: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/21/bills-wont-play-in-toronto-this-preseason/

The Bills’ claim that there’s a scheduling conflict is surprising considering that the preseason schedule hasn’t been set yet, and considering that a preseason game in 2012 was part of the original deal with the Rogers Centre that the Bills made five years ago. It’s probably safe to say that if the last two Bills preseason games had done big business, the team and the stadium would have figured out a way around the scheduling conflict.

But preseason games in Toronto have not done well: The Bills drew just 39,583 fans for their preseason game against the Colts in 2010. That was down from an announced crowd of 48,433 for their preseason game against the Steelers in 2008.

So, the schedule hasn't been set as of yet... also, as the article mentions, this was planned 5 years ago, when the deal was made.

Like I said before, my guess is, Rogers would lose less money by not having the game, as opposed to having it.

It'll be interesting when the schedules come out to see if SkyDome is available on either of the dates that the home games end up being on.

-Bill