Fitz and Lin with Harvard ties

CowgirlsFan

Could you rephrase the question?

Considering the hour of the original post and the likely condition they're in after this. I doubt we'll be hearing from the OP for a while.

I think the "link" is both Fitz and Lin played college ball (foot and basket respectively) for the Crimson at Harvard.

Both are enjoying a level of success in the Pros albeit they did not go to a major sports school which serves as a feeder program to their respective leagues.

As a devotee of Cornell basketball, I've seen Lin play a few times in person. He's for real. Quick, decisive, very athletic, great distributor, basketball IQ is through the roof. I suspect that he would've been heavily scouted by major programs if the term "Asian American point guard" didn't cause such cognitive dissonance.

The program that REALLY dropped the ball? The Golden State Warriors. With the Bay Area's significant Asian population, Lin could've been the most marketable local athlete in the country. But they chose to release him.

Considering the hour of the original post and the likely condition they're in after this. I doubt we'll be hearing from the OP for a while.

I think the "link" is both Fitz and Lin played college ball (foot and basket respectively) for the Crimson at Harvard.

Both are enjoying a level of success in the Pros albeit they did not go to a major sports school which serves as a feeder program to their respective leagues.

Thanks. I assumed he meant this: http://www.universityvests.com/images/harvardLongTie.jpg, which would place them both in common with this: http://mistermort.typepad.com/.a/6a010535d07789970c01156fc733de970b-800wi

Edited by Mr. WEO

These assumed connections between "big-time programs" and "pro potential" are just dumb. They play ball EVERYWHERE in this country (hello, Fred Jackson and Coe College) and making it in the NFL/NBA/MLB takes a combination of enough athletic ability plus knowing what you're doing plus being in the right place/system at the right time. Joe Montana in SF is an HOFer. Joe Montana those same years with the Jets is just another loser.

Edited by Ennjay

This Linsanity is one of the craziest stories I have ever seen in sports.

Basketball is not football, where guys like Fred Jackson who didn't even start in high school can become stars. The NBA draft is only two rounds for a reason, and even then most of those guys don't even make it.

To have a guy who wasn't recruited, who wasn't drafted and who wasn't wanted come out of nowhere and have the last 5 games, esp. scoring 38 against the Lakers is nothing short of Linsane!

Tweet just now from Jerry Sullivan:

Google hits for Jeremy Lin in the past week: 1.19 billion. Barack Obama had 1.95 billion. Eli Manning: 275 million.

I agree the hour of posting was subject .

I meant to post it at a saner time but forgot.

As far as the condition is concerned,I was

not hung over maybe tired but not hung over.

I just thought it was interesting that Fitz had

such early success this year and now Lin too.

along with the fact they were Harvard Men.

I agree the hour of posting was subject .

I meant to post it at a saner time but forgot.

As far as the condition is concerned,I was

not hung over maybe tired but not hung over.

I just thought it was interesting that Fitz had

such early success this year and now Lin too.

along with the fact they were Harvard Men.

Good morning! :lol:

This Linsanity is one of the craziest stories I have ever seen in sports.

Basketball is not football, where guys like Fred Jackson who didn't even start in high school can become stars. The NBA draft is only two rounds for a reason, and even then most of those guys don't even make it.

To have a guy who wasn't recruited, who wasn't drafted and who wasn't wanted come out of nowhere and have the last 5 games, esp. scoring 38 against the Lakers is nothing short of Linsane!

Tweet just now from Jerry Sullivan:

Google hits for Jeremy Lin in the past week: 1.19 billion. Barack Obama had 1.95 billion. Eli Manning: 275 million.

The lakers game is the worst example of the 5. They can't handle any pg with a bit of speed. See cp3 and jj Berrea causing fits in the playoffs. Lots of guys have had a hot week or two - let's see if he lasts.