The Super Bowl Commercials Thread Part XLVI

Ralonzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately it is only a "concept" car.

It will be made:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/01/honda-acura-nsx-marysville-ohio-made-in-the-usa/1

I'm hearing that that design is 70% production. They haven't finalized the powerplant yet though. It will be hybrid-electric. Suspension will likely be AWD to make it competitve with GTR and 911 market.

It will be built in the Marysville, OH plant. Radley Acura here locally is expecting to send techs for training in 2012/early-2013. They're expecting a late 2013 release as a 2014 model year.

I was close to making a move on a 2003 NSX-T late last year. The NSSEX is back! And the world will be a better place because of it.

Apologies OP for the Thread-nap.

Edited by Juror#8

It will be made:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/01/honda-acura-nsx-marysville-ohio-made-in-the-usa/1

I'm hearing that that design is 70% production. They haven't finalized the powerplant yet though. It will be hybrid-electric. Suspension will likely be AWD to make it competitve with GTR and 911 market.

It will be built in the Marysville, OH plant. Radley Acura here locally is expecting to send techs for training in 2012/early-2013. They're expecting a late 2013 release as a 2014 model year.

I was close to making a move on a 2003 NSX-T late last year. The NSSEX is back! And the world will be a better place because of it.

Apologies OP for the Thread-nap.

article says: "The car, due to hit the streets in about three years"...

thats along time and many delays could push it further out.....no matter, i just find it interesting that they would spend big bux for advertising a concept car......hope it brings you much happiness when you finally get your hands on it.

Once again, I'd like to thank Ralonzo for doing this thread. Now, onto my comments....

Who had the best commercial? It depends on who is doing the ranking.....

M&M's Wins Kellog School Super Bowl Ad Review

Volkswagen Wins AdBowl 2012

Doritos Current Winner of USA Today Ad Meter

Volkswagen Wins Hulu Ad Zone 2012

Doritos Wins Brand Bowl 2012

I did not think a group of commercials could surpass the non humor of last year's but I guess I was wrong. I just can't believe the best add execs in the world came out with such dull material once again. Doritos was the only one that made it in my book.

Only one that made me laugh out loud.:thumbsup:

Dog one, that is. Baby on the bungee was ok.

Edited by Rico

I did not think a group of commercials could surpass the non humor of last year's but I guess I was wrong. I just can't believe the best add execs in the world came out with such dull material once again. Doritos was the only one that made it in my book.

Doritos has delivered with some of the funniest commercials in the Super Bowl as of late. Looks like it helps that they are all fan-made commercials.

Anheuser-Busch delivered the most dull commercials they have made for the Super Bowl ever. That is surprising since they routinely have made great commercials. This is the company that gave us the Bud Bowl, the Frogs, the Lizards, the Clydesdales playing football, "WHASSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!", & "How ya doin'". Maybe it was just an off year for them, but they need to find that great humor again.

Then there's Pepsi. Ever since the year they featured Britney Spears in their SB commercials, they have spiraled downhill. Although yesterday's Pepsi Max commercial was quite good, since it was a follow-up to their "Cheatin' Heart" commercial.