The Super Bowl Commercials Thread Part XLVI

Ralonzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[7:35 PM] 2 minute warning

1) Avengers! Been waiting for this one.

2) Teleflora taunts you with a hot exotic model that you'll never date.

3) Skechers with a moonwalking sneaker-wearing pug. Sure, I see those every day getting walked backwards down my block.

4) Kinect Play 60.

5) Cars.com, guy with an extra head. CUATO LIVES!

[7:42 PM]

1) More annoyance from Doritos. Taunting kid, baby slingshot, Stephen Hawking's mother-in-law. So many levels of fail.

2) Soooo tired of E-Trade talking babies. There was only

that was any good.

3) How did Elektra get into a GI Joe movie?

That Chevy Camaro one (with the HS grad) was awesome. That one was actually a nationwide "amateur" contest winner. Glad some of the posters in here don't work anywhere near an ad agency. LOL

my favorite by far !!!!

P.S. if parents had stocked that fridge with beer....he would have never seen the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae52ourE3Pw

Edited by papazoid

?????

Hated it. Hate Hyundai.

Hate Hyundai?

Why?

They're a helluva lot better than that Audi POS that my wife drives… overpriced piece of Euro-junk…

Hyundai has 5-star safety ratings up and down their lineup… 10 year, 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty for all their vehicles.

[7:42 PM]

1) More annoyance from Doritos. Taunting kid, baby slingshot, Stephen Hawking's mother-in-law. So many levels of fail.

Reminds me of the Doritos ad that was cancelled the year the bungie jumper who was practicing for the halftime show was killed during rehearsals. The ad had a bungie jumping theme.

Hate Hyundai?

Why?

Because I drove one of the first ones to hit the US market, as a rental. Couldn't get the damn thing above 50 without it feeling like it was going to fall apart. Most ****ty construction and quality control I'd ever seen, and I've owned both a Pinto and an AMC Eagle.

Because I drove one of the first ones to hit the US market, as a rental. Couldn't get the damn thing above 50 without it feeling like it was going to fall apart. Most ****ty construction and quality control I'd ever seen, and I've owned both a Pinto and an AMC Eagle.

Understood.

To lend perspective, the Hyundais hit the US Market the same year the Yugo did.

Also, in the early 1960s, Toyotas and Datsuns were considered inferior vehicles.

The progression in quality and price is a common marketing strategy and ironically, Hyundai is starting to score really well in customer loyalty.

[8:28 PM] dammit, 17-9 Pats*

1) NBC Smash. Yeah, I'd pretty much smash that.

2) Hey, Awesomeco is back! I mean Xfinity. Drag racing monster motor homes.

3) Employeerightsact.com. I didn't vote for it either.

4) CR-V and one of those chicks that only looks good half the time.

Understood.

To lend perspective, the Hyundais hit the US Market the same year the Yugo did.

Also, in the early 1960s, Toyotas and Datsuns were considered inferior vehicles.

The progression in quality and price is a common marketing strategy and ironically, Hyundai is starting to score really well in customer loyalty.

I know that. And I know that Hyundais, by any measure, have improved since I drove that POS.

But first impressions are hard to break.

3) Employeerightsact.com. I didn't vote for it either.

That commercial was annoyingly dishonest. And I hate unions.

4) CR-V and one of those chicks that only looks good half the time.

Never seen anyone driving a CR-V who actually knew what they were doing behind the wheel.

[8:38 PM] 17-12 now

1) I've seen this before, Fiat commercial. I like her, crazy Italian and all. But if she was supposed to be a representation of the car she'd be more like 3' 11" instead of 5' 11".

2) Pepsi Max for life. Meh.

1) Toyota Camry. I like reinvented couch, not in male though. Although that guy seemed to dig it.

2) C'mon Global Warming, hurry up and extinct the polar bears already.

3) Oikos Greek Yogurt. Yia Yia calls BS on Oikos being the best Greek yogurt, Athenos rules. And hummus too.

[8:44 PM]

1) Seinfeld, Leno and Acura NSX. Soup for you! I like that one.

2) GE Appliance Park. So, there's like, giant blenders you can ride?

Edited by Ralonzo

[8:38 PM] 17-12 now

1) I've seen this before, Fiat commercial. I like her, crazy Italian and all. But if she was supposed to be a representation of the car she'd be more like 3' 11" instead of 5' 11".

2) Pepsi Max for life. Meh.

1) Toyota Camry. I like reinvented couch, not in male though. Although that guy seemed to dig it.

2) C'mon Global Warming, hurry up and extinct the polar bears already.

3) Oikos Greek Yogurt. Yia Yia calls BS on Oikos being the best Greek yogurt, Athenos rules. And hummus too.

[8:44 PM]

1) Seinfeld, Leno and Acura NSX. Soup for you! I like that one.

2) GE Appliance Park. So, there's like, giant blenders you can ride?

Hey Glbal warming just gave us the best winter ever :thumbsup:

[8:59 PM] End of the 4th Quarter, these will be the locals.

1) NFL. Canton Ohio, mudball.

2) Repeating the Acura Seinfeld, short version. I still like this one for best of the night.

3) Americas Beverage Companies telling us we're a bunch of fat bastards who drink too many calories.

4) Capital One with a different baby and whatever that guys name is who's only funny thing I've ever seen was his Jim Morrison impersonation.

[9:05]

1) Ferris Broderick's day in the CR-V. It is so not choice. All this does is reminds me of how hot Mia Sara is.

2) Act Of Valor, a movie.

3) Cartoon characters convention, Metlife.

4) Smash again. She looks nice in a bedsheet.

[9:19 PM] and the fix is in... like we didn't already know.

1) Mr. Sandman needs to sell me some of that dust. But not a Kia. Although honestly, I like that front grill. Pretty good effort.

2) More trained chimps, is this monster.com again? Careerbuilder.com, close enough.

3) In Soviet Russia, NBC Thursday comedies laugh at you.

[9:24 PM] Fake injury timeout

1) Samsung phone. It's a pretty good phone. You can see it from space. Is this the guy from The Darkness? And would it kill someone to play a little Foghat?

2) More NBC pimpin.

1) Samsung phone. It's a pretty good phone. You can see it from space. Is this the guy from The Darkness? And would it kill someone to play a little Foghat?

The Galaxy Note is a weird device. Too big to be a phone, too small to be a tablet. Weird device, but kinda neat.

[8:59 PM] End of the 4th Quarter, these will be the locals.

1) NFL. Canton Ohio, mudball.

2) Repeating the Acura Seinfeld, short version. I still like this one for best of the night.

3) Americas Beverage Companies telling us we're a bunch of fat bastards who drink too many calories.

4) Capital One with a different baby and whatever that guys name is who's only funny thing I've ever seen was his Jim Morrison impersonation.

[9:05]

1) Ferris Broderick's day in the CR-V. It is so not choice. All this does is reminds me of how hot Mia Sara is.Was...

2) Act Of Valor, a movie.

3) Cartoon characters convention, Metlife.

4) Smash again. She looks nice in a bedsheet.

Not anymore...

[9:54 PM] Giants win! Giants win! 21-17. I guess the red, white and blue confetti was a given. Ok, last batch. Looks like locals.

1) NBC Sports Network.

2) I Vote for a nice big cup of STFU.

3) More Regis, TDBank.

4) Egglands Best Eggs? Seriously? They can afford a Super Bowl commercial?

5) Chevy Maliboo, blah.

And it's time for the top 3... drumroll...

1) Acura NSX with Seinfeld and Leno.

2) Kia Mr. Sandman.

3) Fiat chick. Not the car, not the ad. Just the chick.

Honorable mention: Twinkie Apocalypse, although I don't think they meant to sell Twinkies.

Another weak year on the commercial front. At least the game was good. Till next year... checkin' out.

Edit: I just saw another Geico "piggy goes weeeeee doing some extreme sport". Gimme some piano wire and I'll show you how bacon is made.

[7:12 PM]

1) The latest Pixar money-pump, The Lorax from Dr Suess.

2) Volkswagen. Big fat dog, and a bizarre transition into the Star Wars Cantina. I don't even know what that's about.

That's a Universal movie, nothing to do with Pixar.