Bryan Scott on ESPN radio

cosmo

Anyone else hear Bryan Scott on ESPN radio earlier? Most of it was about Penn St and just cliche athlete interview stuff but when he started talking about next year's Bills, I got a little fired up! He was talking about how things happen for a reason and that all the experience that the rookies got this year should really help them next year when everyone's healthy. I really think Nix and Gailey aced the draft last year, I mean there could very well be 4 or 5 legit starters on defense from that draft. (Dareus, Sheppard, Williams, Searcy and maybe Rogers?) So if the FO is on their game again on draft day this year, watch out for Buffalo's D the next few years!!!

Edited by cosmo

Anyone else hear Bryan Scott on ESPN radio earlier? Most of it was about Penn St and just cliche athlete interview stuff but when he started talking about next year's Bills, I got a little fired up! He was talking about how things happen for a reason and that all the experience that the rookies got this year should really help them next year when everyone's healthy. I really think Nix and Gailey aced the draft last year, I mean there could very well be 4 or 5 legit starters on defense from that draft. (Dareus, Sheppard, Williams, Searcy and maybe Rogers?) So if the FO is on their game again on draft day this year, watch out for Buffalo's D the next few years!!!

As soon as someone says "all things happen for a reason" I know not to take anything else they say seriously.

Sheppard has shown me nothing. It is very unclear that he is the answer at mlb in a 4/3 defense

Wow. And the koolaid ain't even been poured yet.

No the OP bought the kool aid but he bought the regular kind that's not already sweetened so now he has to go back and buy sugar to come home and realize he doesn't have a big enough spoon to stir the pitcher of kool aid so, back to the 99 cent store to buy a wooden spoon...

Sheppard has shown me nothing. It is very unclear that he is the answer at mlb in a 4/3 defense

Honestly, he was increbile last year. He wont wow on passing downs and was off the field for them, but as a 2 down player he was great. Not sure what you missed, maybe you dont know what to look for? Not trying to be mean, just sayin Shep was diesel out there since his first snap. I was extremely impressed by him.

Wow. And the koolaid ain't even been poured yet.

It's like you "realists" have some sort of beacon system where as soon as someone posts something positive, you guys are alerted and immediately on the case to dismiss it as "kool-aid drinking" or something similar. Love the predictability.

He has a point about the rookie experience. That was invaluable and couldn't have gone better considering the lockout took away a bunch of prep and practice time. Give them a full camp and these guys will be even better.

I also agree that Wannstedt as DC probably adds a win or two. Replacing Edwards made the offseason a win already in my eyes.

It's like you "realists" have some sort of beacon system where as soon as someone posts something positive, you guys are alerted and immediately on the case to dismiss it as "kool-aid drinking" or something similar. Love the predictability.

nothing is more predictable than people in this organization blowing smoke up everyone's ass and then sucking again the following year. i don't want to hear any of it.

and to imply that it was just part of god's plan (which is what people who say "it happened for a reason" really mean...) or some crap makes it all the more ridiculous.

just win more than you lose for once and then come tell me how awesome you're gonna be next year. at that point it might mean something.

He has a point about the rookie experience. That was invaluable and couldn't have gone better considering the lockout took away a bunch of prep and practice time. Give them a full camp and these guys will be even better.

I also agree that Wannstedt as DC probably adds a win or two. Replacing Edwards made the offseason a win already in my eyes.

I drink kool aid on occasion. I really beleive last years lock out affected our team more than most and certainly the most in our division. we had enough second year guys who did not play do to injury their rookie season two years ago and needed OTA's and camp[ to get rolling. I hope this plays out as a surge of depth this coming season. We are a young team and i have high hopes for some decent steps forward showing this year.Wannstadt is still a ? mark for me yet though.

Another good draft, and by next year i am thinking playoffs. Playoffs? yes. Playoffs.

I pour mine over ice.

Honestly, he was increbile last year. He wont wow on passing downs and was off the field for them, but as a 2 down player he was great. Not sure what you missed, maybe you dont know what to look for? Not trying to be mean, just sayin Shep was diesel out there since his first snap. I was extremely impressed by him.

Apparently one of us has no idea what to look for, because I also missed him being "incredible".

He spent the majority of the year being a player who couldn't shed blocks, showed limited agility and quickness, played with no pop or power at all and was incapable of covering anybody in this league. But aside from struggling to do the whole running, tackling and banging things, yeah, he was incredible!

Unless he makes a dramatic improvement in both mind and body, he has no business whatsoever starting in the NFL right now.

This coming from a guy who's avatar has Bart Scott on it...

nothing is more predictable than people in this organization blowing smoke up everyone's ass and then sucking again the following year. i don't want to hear any of it.

and to imply that it was just part of god's plan (which is what people who say "it happened for a reason" really mean...) or some crap makes it all the more ridiculous.

just win more than you lose for once and then come tell me how awesome you're gonna be next year. at that point it might mean something.

Just Win Baby!

I drink kool aid on occasion. I really beleive last years lock out affected our team more than most and certainly the most in our division. we had enough second year guys who did not play do to injury their rookie season two years ago and needed OTA's and camp[ to get rolling. I hope this plays out as a surge of depth this coming season. We are a young team and i have high hopes for some decent steps forward showing this year.Wannstadt is still a ? mark for me yet though.

Another good draft, and by next year i am thinking playoffs. Playoffs? yes. Playoffs.

I pour mine over ice.

Best Kool-Aid is overnight Kool-Aid in a very cold refrigerator with no ice... Ice waters it down.. Unless you have more Kool-Aid per serving than usual... Then I say ice is your best bet...

Sheppard is a beast in Madden... He always forces fumbles and is the first one to reach the kick returner on special teams kickoffs... Now would Madden lie?

Incredible? Seriously?

I thought he was ok. Average in run game, a bit slow. Below average in passing game.

Incredible? Seriously?

I thought he was ok. Average in run game, a bit slow. Below average in passing game.

And if he was slow in the 34, that's trouble as the MLB in a 43. I hope I am wrong

Honestly I am somewhat encouraged by bit players like Scott and Kirk Morrison wanting to stay in Buffalo...it's almost like they are building something that guys want to see through. Of course that's all out the window if Stevie walks so I guess it's all T.B.D.

there's always hope in the off season, but man I hope so cuz we're do.

I believe that the Bills are on the cusp of something great. But the team has to stay away from injuries and we have to nail this next draft. We are a receiver or two, pass rusher and cb away from greatness. That's what I think. Those all can be filled this year relatively easily.

saying he was incredible or great is a bit much

he looked good at times but was also out of place a lot which is to be expected for a rookie

i have concerns he has enough speed to play 4-3 MLB in the NFL

I believe that the Bills are on the cusp of something great. But the team has to stay away from injuries and we have to nail this next draft. We are a receiver or two, pass rusher and cb and LB and DE away from greatness. That's what I think. Those all can be filled this year relatively easily.

+1

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I believe that the Bills are on the cusp of something great. But the team has to stay away from injuries and we have to nail this next draft. We are a receiver or two, pass rusher and cb away from greatness. That's what I think. Those all can be filled this year relatively easily.

The cusp of greatness? :unsure: Do you watch other NFL games or only the Bills? There is only one unit on the whole roster that can be even considered "great" in comparison to the rest of the league.

QB: Average to below average depending on how Fitz is feeling.

RB: Fred is a beast. Spiller has shown promise. The best unit on the team by a mile.

WR: There's a #2 WR (Stevie) and a bunch of #3's and #5s. No true #1. No depth. No talent outside of Stevie and Nelson.

TE: Average to below average.

OL: A trainwreck. No LT, no RG and absolutely no depth. The line's success was a complete mirage last year due to Fitz's quick release and the Bills inability to throw down the field.

DL: Aside from Williams and Dareus there's nothing here. Troup is a waste. Kelsay is average to slightly above average (when playing in position). Carrington has no position now, nor does Johnson.

LB: The worst unit in the NFL. And now they are switching schemes and outside of Barnett (who will still be used out of position) they have no one who would start on any other NFL roster. Not one.

DB: Williams is going to be a good one. No idea why people love Rodgers so much, he's a scrub with speed. Maybe he'll develop, but he's nothing more than a nickle back. Terrence was great but he's done. The Senator had a great year and Byrd is solid. Leodis can't get out of his own way and Drayton is horrible.

K/P: Moorman may be done. Lindell is nearing the end but has some kick left.

This team is FAR from being on the cusp of greatness. How many Bills players could start on other NFL rosters? Seriously, ask yourself that. I bet you can't get to 10.