Chris Brown SPECULATES Bills in play for V Jackson

FluffHead

Chris Brown speculates that the Bills will be interested in signing Vincent Jackson, but will not be in play for Mario Williams should either of them hit the open market in March.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=227167&spln=1

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3636&line=227149&spln=1

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That goes contrary to what's coming out of San Diego. From National Football Post:

Chargers receiver Vincent Jackson wants to remain in San Diego, and it’s sounding more and more like the Chargers want to keep the free agent to be. “The way he performed this year speaks to how valuable he is to our team,” Chargers coach Norv Turner told me. “From a coaching standpoint, I’d love to have him here. When you look at his production, his average per catch separates him from a lot of guys.

It's hard to see Buffalo signing anyone of record unless they get into bidding wars, something the same Chris Brown said the Bills wouldn't do.

Second Question answer

Remember the Bills do not often get into bidding wars for free agents and most of the players you’ve listed will be in demand. But Nix has said they want to add another big receiver. Bowe and Jackson would be my top choices. We’ll have to see if the Bills feel the same way.

Edited by BillsVet

I'm afraid to admit it to myself but the big name is going to be "Roy William's" and half the Bills nation will accept it as the "best we could have done", and the other half will hate it and will question his play every game next season. :)

Me, well, I'd be somewhere in the middle. Williams does have talent, although admittedly no coach has yet been able to unleash it, but there is that outside chance that Williams can break out? If he could somehow find a home in Buffalo I suppose it's not that much of a leap that he does fit what Nix and Gailey are looking for. That is a verticle threat with speed.. Of course, Williams doesn't exactly scare the bejesus out of opposing DB's of late, but there is that "chance".. Would Williams be worth a 2 - 3 million gamble?

Tim-

I'm afraid to admit it to myself but the big name is going to be "Roy William's" and half the Bills nation will accept it as the "best we could have done", and the other half will hate it and will question his play every game next season. :)

Me, well, I'd be somewhere in the middle. Williams does have talent, although admittedly no coach has yet been able to unleash it, but there is that outside chance that Williams can break out? If he could somehow find a home in Buffalo I suppose it's not that much of a leap that he does fit what Nix and Gailey are looking for. That is a verticle threat with speed.. Of course, Williams doesn't exactly scare the bejesus out of opposing DB's of late, but there is that "chance".. Would Williams be worth a 2 - 3 million gamble?

Tim-

At 2 to 3 million that is only Parrish money on his last contract. What would we have to lose? Anyone with a NFL pulse would help now.

Chris Brown speculates that the Bills will be interested in signing Vincent Jackson, but will not be in play for Mario Williams should either of them hit the open market in March.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=227167&spln=1

"Brown is speculating here and not reporting." That's the takeaway here. Nix's connection to SD is what seems to make this speculation plausible. But at the end of the day, it's just that...speculation. Not much different than what happens on this board every day, except maybe not as wildly ridiculous.

At 2 to 3 million that is only Parrish money on his last contract. What would we have to lose? Anyone with a NFL pulse would help now.

don't recall Williams ever having an NFL pulse...his career has been in cardiac arrest more often than not (other than 2006)

Tim-

There are going to be many FA WRs with size, speed and talent that could be available if they don't resign prior to FA.

Bowe

Jackson

Lloyd

Williams

Edwards

of course we'd all want Bowe or Jackson but Lloyd isn't far behind and even Edwards and Williams could be what were looking for. I'd be ok with either of them. I'd get in board with Williams. He's better than what we've had since Evans was our #2 behind T.O.

There are going to be many FA WRs with size, speed and talent that could be available if they don't resign prior to FA.

Bowe

Jackson

Lloyd

Williams

Edwards

of course we'd all want Bowe or Jackson but Lloyd isn't far behind and even Edwards and Williams could be what were looking for. I'd be ok with either of them. I'd get in board with Williams. He's better than what we've had since Evans was our #2 behind T.O.

Twenty two teams have better WR's than we do. We need a 1A and 1B. Lloyd is a good choice, but, like Stevie, he's not a blocker. Meachem and Colston would be the best choice for a downfield blocker IMHO. Colston has the best %-caught numbers in FA.

I'm obviously all for the Bills going after Bowe, Jackson, etc. No problem. But one guy that might be a little underestimated is Laurent Robinson from Dallas. Had 11 TDs last year, but probably won't be demanding top dollar since he really isn't a true number one WR. Might be worth consideration.

It's going to take a miracle for Buffalo to get any high profile player in their prime to come to Buffalo. I mean there has been nothing within the prior years that shows Buffalo wants to be a contender. We never have a real concrete plan, as soon as we start to get something going they don't resign players. It's just pitiful the way this organization is ran to be honest. Not making the playoffs 12years in a row is no coincidence. We deserve a better product!

Do you think Texans fans are mad their team will let franchise talent walk out the door for nothing?

PTR

Unlike the Bills of the last decade, the Texans actually have a lot of good players to keep contractually satisfied. They are also deep at Williams position. Deep as in....his replacements still give the Texans an elite pass rush. They'd probably be better served extending Barwin and Reed with that money.

So if you are comparing this to the Bills..........who let guys like Pat Williams and Nate Clements walk for nothing and then subsequently wasted a couple first round picks on the irish twins McCargo and McKelvin.......comparison invalid. The Texams won't have to use a first round pick to replace Mario Williams if that is what they choose to do.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they franchised him and paid him for one season in hope of winning a SB this season. The AFC is in transition. Colts gone. Chargers may be gone. Steelers getting old. Ravens are still good but not as good as they were 2-3 years ago. Houston could easily get homefield next year by dominating a weak division.