Conditional pick from Lynch trade?

....lybob

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it doesn't become a 5th after a 1000 yard all pro season -- I am wondering what the conditions would be.....lead Seattle to world domination??? Its got to be a fifth based on carries, yards and accomplishments..

QBs win Championships. With his unyielding will to win and work and Chan's QB tutelage we would have our franchise QB.

Yea cuz his will to win worked out so well against our ****ty defense....

stop it the guy is far to inconsistent to be a NFL QB...you put him on our team with our ****ty defense he would have been lucky to win 2-3 games this year..

Another Bogus 1st round RB Selection

McGahee when we have Henry

Lynch when we have McGahee

Spiller when we have Lynch

All this...and our best RB during that time is Fred Jackson. STOP DRAFTING FIRST ROUND RBs.

We didn't have McGahee when we got Lynch, we had Freddy and like Anthony Thomas or whatever his name was, from Chicago. Ugh then we drafted Dwayne Wright too in the same draft... what an awful job of knowing what you have on the roster and wasting picks to already areas of strength. Oh well, it's what we signed up for as Bills fans.

Edited by BuffalothruMyVeins

We didn't have McGahee when we got Lynch, we had Freddy and like Anthony Thomas or whatever his name was, from Chicago. Ugh then we drafted Dwayne Wright too in the same draft... what an awful job of knowing what you have on the roster and wasting picks to already areas of strength. Oh well, it's what we signed up for as Bills fans.

Well we knew Thomas sucked, and after we drafted Wright we found out he sucked too.

All this...and our best RB during that time is Fred Jackson.

STOP DRAFTING FIRST ROUND RBs.

"With the 10th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Alabama… "

Shouldn't have traded him, shouldn't have drafted Spilller + Troup and should have drafted Tebow and Gronkowski.

Tebow can not throw .

Every other team should have too.

Agreed , people forget a lot of teams had him red flag for medical . Yes would be great tohave him but I can't kill buddy on that one . Funny thing is troupe ends up the injured one. ugh

QBs win Championships. With his unyielding will to win and work and Chan's QB tutelage we would have our franchise QB.

Tebow as franchise QB?

Looking forward to looking back at that appraisal in the not too distant future.

All this...and our best RB during that time is Fred Jackson. STOP DRAFTING FIRST ROUND RBs.

AMEN! :thumbsup: PREACH IT BOY! :worthy: GIVE IT TO US! :lol:

Why does everyone but the BIlls seem to know this???

Edited by CSBill

If it doesn't become a 5th after a 1000 yard all pro season -- I am wondering what the conditions would be.....lead Seattle to world domination??? Its got to be a fifth based on carries, yards and accomplishments..

Totally agree, 1000 yards, probowl, it has to be a 5th.

Very good points RCohen. I agree 100% but most on here don't understand that he's not going to be as good as he was this year ever again and even if he is it won't be for more than 1-2 seasons at most. Buddy has a plan in place and will not deviate from that plan. It's long term and is the reason why we let go of Lynch and Evans for future draft picks.I think Fred may be given a raise and a year on his deal and I'd be happy with that. If he was given anything more I'd be extremely upset.

My big question and since were on the topic of recieving draft picks for Lynch. And I know we won't know until draft day most likely but does anyone (Astro) know if we should be expecting draft picks for losing Whitner, Poz? We lost an early first and second rounder and one of them started and made it to the NFC championship game. Shouldn't we be entitled to something?

If this is true then we should be looking at extra picks

4th for Evans

5th for Lynch

hopefully anywhere from a 4th through 5th for both Poz and Whitner.

Could turn out to be a good draft.

Very good points RCohen. I agree 100% but most on here don't understand that he's not going to be as good as he was this year ever again and even if he is it won't be for more than 1-2 seasons at most. Buddy has a plan in place and will not deviate from that plan. It's long term and is the reason why we let go of Lynch and Evans for future draft picks.I think Fred may be given a raise and a year on his deal and I'd be happy with that. If he was given anything more I'd be extremely upset.

My big question and since were on the topic of recieving draft picks for Lynch. And I know we won't know until draft day most likely but does anyone (Astro) know if we should be expecting draft picks for losing Whitner, Poz? We lost an early first and second rounder and one of them started and made it to the NFC championship game. Shouldn't we be entitled to something?

4th for Evans

5th for Lynch

It's volume before quality, and about salary not play once you get to determining the pick(s).

Lose Tom Brady, sign two back ups and you get nada.

4th for Evans

5th for Lynch

Not my area of expertise, but

Poz-Whitner is likely a wash with Barnett-Smith.

Our friends at Mocking the Draft said "Neither Kirk Morrison, Tommy Thigpen, or Brad Smith contributed much for Buffalo. But signing two of them cost the Bills a 3rd rounder for losing Posluszny." :wallbash:

I think the Lynch signing was in 2010. Evans might count.

-Astro

Not my area of expertise, but

Poz-Whitner is likely a wash with Barnett-Smith.

Our friends at Mocking the Draft said "Neither Kirk Morrison, Tommy Thigpen, or Brad Smith contributed much for Buffalo. But signing two of them cost the Bills a 3rd rounder for losing Posluszny." :wallbash:

I think the Lynch signing was in 2010. Evans might count.

-Astro

You add up signings and losses.

Signed more, not eligible (volume not skill)

Equal and you can get a 7

Lost more - proceed to quality.

Pair off guys signed and list as best you can. Every signing must be paired with a loss as close as possible on a basis of dollars per year.

Losses remaining are eligible for picks-

League min - 7

1-2m per year 6

3-5m is a 5

5-7 is a 4

7+m is a 3

Note those are ballpark

Awards, playtime and postseason has never shown to have an impact.

Do we get a 6th or a 5th round pick this year as part of the deal?

He gained over a thousand yards and is playing in the Probowl.

I would think that this would be enough to bump the conditional 6th up to the 5th.

Anyone hear anything?

But he sucks! FJ is better. LOL. Not knocking FJ just pointing out that both guys were very good. I never could figure out why fans loved one and hated the other. Idiots! We love to run talent out of town.

tebow is not a qb... he will be figured out like he was did in playoffs. broncos better bring someone else in but tebow is gonna last as long as wildcat did...

.. hope they dont hand him big cash, i dont care how good he was last yr.. he deserves a mid level contract for 3 yrs and split tim with cj.. if he cant accept that, adios mr. coe college and trade him.. anyone that doesnt think we can get a 2nd or 3rd 4 him is nuts...

I can't imagine any team giving the Bills a 2nd round pick for 30 y.o. Fred Jackson. That isn't to say that Jackson is not a very

good player - he is, but his trade value (and that of RBs in general) is not that high, especially at the age of 30.

Jackson is a very good player and under contract for another year. I hope that the Bills can reward him for his productivity, but

yet not over-pay him. He has been a good player and good team-guy, he should get some payday, just don't go overboard.

tebow is not a qb... he will be figured out like he was did in playoffs. broncos better bring someone else in but tebow is gonna last as long as wildcat did...

im 110% fine with cj.. hes gonna be very valuable next yr and is a true pro a team guy.. never whines about playing time, freddy is gonna be a divs this offseason cuz this is his last chance at payday.. hope they dont hand him big cash, i dont care how good he was last yr.. he deserves a mid level contract for 3 yrs and split tim with cj.. if he cant accept that, adios mr. coe college and trade him.. anyone that doesnt think we can get a 2nd or 3rd 4 him is nuts... there r quite a few teams that need a proven RB , first team to come to mind is detroit and packers.. both out of conference, and all they are missing on offense is a steady running back..

we have more preseing issues than RB, CJ filled in beyond find , hes average per carry was as good as freddy and scored as many td's as freddy did ith a banged up line and fitz. i would be 100% cool with CJ and choice being back next yr and adding another 2nd day pick

Totally agree with your FJ assesment!

Go Bills!!!