Which losing Super Bowl team did you want to win?

major

Looking back over Super Bowls past, I have identified a few losing teams I would have liked to have seen won. Of course, we would all say Buffalo. However, if you had to pick another losing team that you wanted to see win, who would it have been and why?

I would have liked to have seen Oakland beat Tampa in Super Bowl 37 due to the fact that I can't stand Gruden.

Your pick?

Other than the the Bills winning, of course, I would have preferred these outcomes:

Super Bowl VII: Washington over Miami

Super Bowl VIII: Minnesota over Miami

Super Bowl IX: Minnesota over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl X: Dallas over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl XI: Minnesota over Oakland

Super Bowl XIII:Dallas over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl XIV: LA Rams over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl XXII: Denver over Washington

Super Bowl XXXII: Green Bay over Denver

Super Bowl XXXIII: Atlanta over Denver

Super Bowl XXXVI: St. Louis over New England*

Super Bowl XXXVIII: Carolina over New England*

Super Bowl XXXIX: Philadelphia over New England*

Super Bowl XL: Seattle over Pittsburgh

Super Bowl XLIII: Arizona over Pittsburgh

Boiled down...all Super Bowls won by Miami, New England*, & Pittsburgh are the ones I'd want reversed more than any others.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very fortunate to be at the goal post game when we finally beat Miami. Killer seats, on the 40 3 rows up on the Miami side. I could clearly hear Shula yelling "What are we doing out there!"

No way can NE ever compete with that. Like I said, first hate.

that was one of the greatest bills games

Other than the the Bills winning, of course, I would have preferred these outcomes:

Boiled down...all Super Bowls won by Miami, New England*, & Pittsburgh are the ones I'd want reversed more than any others.

I agree with most of your picks; however, I'm glad Dallas didn't beat Pitt back in SB 13.

I know I'm going to catch hell over this, but I wanted the Pats to beat the Giants for a perfect season. I am sick and tired of hearing from the "perfect" 72 Dolphins.

Then perhaps a better answer would be Redskins over Dolphins in Superbowl VII.

But personally I'd say Panthers over Patriots in XXXVIII.

I'm glad to see several votes for the Vikings. SB XI was the first one I really watched and understood, and I was pulling for Minnesota (largely because my father hated John Madden for preferring Ken Stabler over Daryle Lamonica years earlier, just as he hated the Bills for a while for preferring Kemp to Lamonica... my father was an Olympic Grudge-Holder, like all good Italians of his generation). Anway, watching the Raiders take the Vikes apart in that game was pretty disappointing. Little did I know that deeper Super Bowl pain, much closer to home, was awaiting in the future...

...would have loved to see the Cardinals and Chargers (1994) as Super Bowl champs.

One of the very best games I ever watched was that Dolphins/Chargers AFC division game. The game had both a comeback and a wide right. All in the span of less than a minute.

Ahh the days of Dick Enberg on NBC calling the AFC games.

...would have loved to see the Cardinals and Chargers (1994) as Super Bowl champs.

One of the very best games I ever watched was that Dolphins/Chargers AFC division game. The game had both a comeback and a wide right. All in the span of less than a minute.

Ahh the days of Dick Enberg on NBC calling the AFC games.

Ah, the days of Curt Gowdy on NBC calling the AFL/AFC games (and Al DeRogatis doing the color commentary).

GO BILLS!!!

Good list. I agree with all of these except the Pitts-Dallas games (I always hated the Cowboys more, especially the year Drew Person pushed off), and Elway's teams (was so happy he beat Favre).

KC and Oakland in SBs I and II.

Vikings in their last of the four they lost.

Denver against Dallas when they had the Orange Crush defense.

Any team that lost to Miami and N.E. in the SB.

GO BILLS!!!

Denver over Dallas in the late 70's would be my first pick and then probably Seattle over Pitt and then Arizona over Pitt.

I would like a team to go undefeated before all the 1972 Dolphins players pass away so they can STHU.

Further, I hope the team that does it isn't a "classic" powerhouse. It's just lightning in a bottle, one of a kind season that comes out of nowhere.

Seattle over Pittsburgh.

they were robbed by piss poor officiating.

This is my pick as well along with the 2 Stealers over Cowboys in the 70s.

While the officiating in SB XL was horrible, 4 dropped passed by Jeremy Stevens, 2 missed FGs, and poor clock management at the end of each half didn't help either. I played on the Seahawks Drumline that year and we got to go the SB. My assessment right after the game as we were walking out still holds for me today after seeing the replay several times.

Yes, the officiating was bad, but bottom line, we didn't play well enough to win.