Joe Buscaglia: Still no talks between Bills/Stevie

FluffHead

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else do the money gues have to do right now? Seems like both sides are posturing, waiting for the other side to come to them. Not good when the Bills posture, or dig in.

Just don't get it... Doesn't exactly make Stevie feel loved?

I hope I am wrong and that this is not the case and this gets done. I realize that there is plenty of time left now but it goes by quickly. And that what the Sabres kept saying about two guys one June.

I think if Johnson was going to be re-signed by the Bills it would have happened already. Very rare that players re-sign with their same team once free agency starts. Sucks but I think he's gone.

Agreed. They could have signed him anytime during the year. If I were him I'd probably already be thinking about seeing where else I can go.

Edited by Pondslider

I think if Johnson was going to be re-signed by the Bills it would have happened already. Very rare that players re-sign with their same team once free agency starts. Sucks but I think he's gone.

Post-game interview All Star Chris Kelsay was re-signed after the 2006 season just before UFA. Drayton Florence hit the market and came back just last year.

Regardless, it's not a good sign that there have been no talks and Berchtold, Brandon, and the boys will need to get the spin machine cranking if SJ doesn't return. Unless of course they sign a huge free agent, which hasn't happened since Takeo Spikes 9 years ago.

Agreed. They could have signed him anytime during the year. If I were him I'd probably already be thinking about seeing where he else I can go.

Unless there is a HUGE signing bonus, SJ would have to be an idiot to not test the FA market. The Bills needed to wrap him up this time last year. Jarius Byrd / Levitre anyone?

And he was already thinking about where he would be next year about halfway through this past season. California dreamin'

Edited by zazie

Post-game interview All Star Chris Kelsay was re-signed after the 2006 season just before UFA. Drayton Florence hit the market and came back just last year.

Regardless, it's not a good sign that there have been no talks and Berchtold, Brandon, and the boys will need to get the spin machine cranking if SJ doesn't return. Unless of course they sign a huge free agent, which hasn't happened since Takeo Spikes 9 years ago.

Didn't say never. I said rarely.

FOLKS!!

It's January!!

FA BEGINS MARCH 13...46 DAYS!!

6 WEEKS!!

But you don't have to wait to sign your own.