Bills Interested in Williams?

Sniper

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since the actual Buffalo Bills have said nothing about this on record or anywhere. I would think Walker a somewhat biased AFCE blogger is killing time before he gets ready to brag about the Patriots chances of winning another super bowl.

That said who wouldn't want Mario Williams!!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by Mr Littman....

LOL.

That made me laugh.

Anyways. YES - he can play Kelsays position, and most likely we would still draft a DE/OLB

Upshaw Barnett Sheppard Mario

Williams Dareus Edwards

That front 7 would do filthy filthy things. I could play in the secondary.

Speculation. Thread title is misleading

Yeah please change the title, talk about a letdown. I was waiting to click a link to a Buddy Nix quote saying this, but it's just speculation. Nearly every team in the league would take a look at Williams.

whatever it takes. Get MW here and draft defensive pass rushers all day. Witness the Giants and their blueprint how to beat the Patsies. I would love to see the Bills play an attacking style defense that goes after QB's!

Yeah please change the title, talk about a letdown. I was waiting to click a link to a Buddy Nix quote saying this, but it's just speculation. Nearly every team in the league would take a look at Williams.

Why would buddy nix ever come out and say that, especially before the market is open. Take it for what its worth.

I have been hearing talks of us hoping we get a shot at him.

LOL.

That made me laugh.

Anyways. YES - he can play Kelsays position, and most likely we would still draft a DE/OLB

Upshaw Barnett Sheppard Mario

Williams Dareus Edwards

That front 7 would do filthy filthy things. I could play in the secondary.

LOL @ "would do filthy filthy things"....Just know Im stealing that one

We gathered some information about Mario Williams in Buffalo.

Would you guys want to throw the bank at him?

Mario Williams in Buffalo?

So is this topic is based on James Walker's blog?

He will be a target of ours if he hits the market. Trust me.

I don't want to compromise your position so you don't have to get into the specifics but is the topic based on a bit more than Walker's blog?

A yes/no would suffice.

No thank you. We need to just get a OLB/DE with our 1st round pick.

with out history of drafting pass rushers.... ur a moron.... i'd love 2 draft a pass rusher ALSO.. but if there is anyway williams is feasible... GET HIM... proven pass rushers are HARD to find and hes not merriman who was way past his prime and jacked on roids... this guy is A BALLER and has to be accounted for on every play... this is only real majoy injury he has had and should bounce back fine and with houston going so deep this without him, they will have a lot of players looking for more dough and the defense was not the reason they lost so with the kind of money williams will need, i doubt they keep him

Why would buddy nix ever come out and say that, especially before the market is open. Take it for what its worth.

You definitely won't see any official quotes right now. Williams is still under contract until the new League Year, so any comments by a Bills official would be tampering. Even once free agency opens, you still should expect to see no official quotes (but plenty of leaks) about whom the Bills are interested in until the deal goes through or falls apart. Tyson Clabo wasn't officially discussed by the Bills until after he re-signed with ATL.

So is this topic is based on James Walker's blog?

Walker's blog strikes me as pure "this would make sense" speculation. Schefter's quote given in the buddynixon piece is a little stronger than just speculation, since Schefter is known to have many inside sources around the league. But it's not exactly very strong.

Personally, I would cream my jeans if we got Mario Williams, but I'm not exactly holding my breath. He very much does not fit the mold of the Bills' free agent strategy (although I think he's one of the few megabucks players who's worth it -- much rather have him than Vincent Jackson, for example), and the Texans allegedly want him back with a passion. Then again, if the Texans really wanted him back *that* bad, they should've just locked him up with an extension this past year. Anyway, I'll be shocked if the Bills are seriously mentioned as a player for Williams when the time comes, and stunned if they land him.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use less deceptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

When are we ever talked about with big free agents?

He will be a target of ours if he hits the market. Trust me.

While I like the idea, no way in Hades does Littmann let Nix to spend the bucks to sign Williams and he calls the financial shots now. The only race the Bills will be in, is the race to spend the least on player salaries in the entire NFL.

While I like the idea, no way in Hades does Littmann let Nix to spend the bucks to sign Williams and he calls the financial shots now. The only race the Bills will be in, is the race to spend the least on player salaries in the entire NFL.

The Bills are nowhere near the bottom of the league in player spending.

Their problem is how they spend it. Williams could command the type of

contract the Redskins paid for Haynesworth. Now if Litman was going to spend big

wouldn't it be to our advantage to get 2 first tier free agents instead of overspending

which they would have to do big time to get him here?

It'd be better if we went after Matt Flynn. Williams would be a great FA pickup, but we need to score points.

Really? We finished in the top half of the league in points per game, rushing yards per game,and passing yards per game. We finished in the bottom half of the league, in rushing yards per game allowed,passing yards allowed, and sacks. So to correct this you'd be more interested in bringing in an unproven backup QB, instead of one of the best defensive players in the game?

His sack #'s are respectable but i still view him as somewhat of a disappointment. Texans D didn't miss a beat when he went down this year. he's just not a dominant player.

If we're going to shoot our wad on a FA I'd rather it be on QB Matt Flynn

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

His sack #'s are respectable but i still view him as somewhat of a disappointment. Texans D didn't miss a beat when he went down this year. he's just not a dominant player.

If we're going to shoot our wad on a FA I'd rather it be on QB Matt Flynn

I disagree, anybody who plays 4 and a half out of 5 seasons, and is 25th amongst active players in sacks, and is floating around the top 100 sack artists of all time is a pretty dominant player.

The problem the Bils face in any of these in-demand FA competitions with other teams, as that Littman will have not not just pay more, but substantially more than any other team. Otherwise why would WIlliams agree to come to a cold, small city with a long-time losing tradition and a suspect coaching staff and facility.

Applebees is not enough to get a top FA. it will take a much better deal.

His #'s are similar to Schoebels after 5 years. Would you have said the same for him and made him the highest paid FA?

Schoebel played 8 seasons plus 5 games and had 78 sacks. In roughly 4 and a half seasons worht of games Williams has 53. Schoebel was 6 4 262 pounds, Williams is 6 foot 6 290. I'd take Williams every day, and twice on sunday over Schoebel. When healthy, Williams is the best D lineman in the league. A guy thats 300 pounds, and athletic enough to play OLB. That's crazy.

We gathered some information about Mario Williams in Buffalo.

Would you guys want to throw the bank at him?

Mario Williams in Buffalo?

as long as its is reasonable, don't want to spend all the money on one player but I would do back flips if we signed him (never done back flips before :D ). Also This would allow us to pick PBA at 1 without hoping to get the best pass rusher that might not be that great.

Thanks for stopping by Mr Littman....

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy::lol: :lol: :lol:

Schoebel played 8 seasons plus 5 games and had 78 sacks. In roughly 4 and a half seasons worht of games Williams has 53. Schoebel was 6 4 262 pounds, Williams is 6 foot 6 290. I'd take Williams every day, and twice on sunday over Schoebel. When healthy, Williams is the best D lineman in the league. A guy thats 300 pounds, and athletic enough to play OLB. That's crazy.

thank you.

There is a definite possibility that we may have a chance to get a shot at him.

Ok, let's look at cap space reality.

The reality is the bills could sign Mario Williams twice, maybe 3 times.

Next....

And re-sign Stevie, and Chandler, and sign the FA WR Buddy wants to go for, not to mention future $$$ when Levitre and Wood and Byrd need new contracts? Oh, yeah, lets's not forget Freddie.

Edited by jjmac