Go On Record...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll rephrase the question: Can the Bills get to the playoffs with Gailey as the head coach? I say yes.

In other words, I don't think his coaching is amazing enough to make much of a difference. With a few more pieces of the puzzle in place in terms of the players on the roster, Gailey is competent enough to be the coach of a playoff team.

Will Gailey get us to the playoffs? We should all be held accountable for this. I say yes.

I don't think the issue is whether Gailey can get the Bills to the playoffs. Given the right circumstances (talent, schedule etc..) there isn't a staff in the league that is too incompetent to achieve a wildcard berth. The question is whether Gailey will be given enough talent in a timely manner to do so.

I am optimistic that they will get there soon and I say that knowing that contrary to popular belief here, making the playoffs is not a very lofty goal. By rights every team should be visiting the playoffs every 3-4 seasons, regardless of whether they have the likes Ralph Wilson, Mike Brown or the Bidwells as their owner or by contrast.....good ownership.

If you don't think the league is cyclical then just look at the NFC where there have been 10 different representatives in the SB in 10 seasons. If the Niners had held on to their lead yesterday at home they could have made it 11 for 11. That is MF'ing parity right there.

The real issue is whether the Bills are prepared to start a sustained run of winning that will give them the multiple chances to win a SB that make it possible for so many teams to actually win one.

He's coached playoff teams before.

Given time and talent there's no reason to believe he couldn't again. Will that come together fast enough? I hope so. We seem to be on the right track but there's some roster question marks that worry me.

Yes.

I don't think the issue is whether Gailey can get the Bills to the playoffs. Given the right circumstances (talent, schedule etc..) there isn't a staff in the league that is too incompetent to achieve a wildcard berth. The question is whether Gailey will be given enough talent in a timely manner to do so.

I am optimistic that they will get there soon and I say that knowing that contrary to popular belief here, making the playoffs is not a very lofty goal. By rights every team should be visiting the playoffs every 3-4 seasons, regardless of whether they have the likes Ralph Wilson, Mike Brown or the Bidwells as their owner or by contrast.....good ownership.

If you don't think the league is cyclical then just look at the NFC where there have been 10 different representatives in the SB in 10 seasons. If the Niners had held on to their lead yesterday at home they could have made it 11 for 11. That is MF'ing parity right there.

The real issue is whether the Bills are prepared to start a sustained run of winning that will give them the multiple chances to win a SB that make it possible for so many teams to actually win one.

So the complicated answer you are giving to the very simple question of the OP is...yes?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

no.

Still 3 years away. Tough division. Gailey wont be around to see it.

(also, i have to say, I really dont give a damn about "making" the playoffs. It took detroit 11 years and they didnt do shtt once they made it. I want to be competitive for championships, and I dont think that will ever happen on Gailey's watch).

Edited by maddenboy

no.

Still 3 years away. Tough division. Gailey wont be around to see it.

(also, i have to say, I really dont give a damn about "making" the playoffs. It took detroit 11 years and they didnt do shtt once they made it. I want to be competitive for championships, and I dont think that will ever happen on Gailey's watch).

Any given Sunday. Last year green bay was a wildcard team - won it all. This year, lost immediately. Lions had a chance.