Anyone else have the feeling .....

After Buddy's presser, I can't help but get exited about this years FA class, since I really believe we will make a big splash. Buddy emphasized that if there is the right guy available as pass rusher, they will pursue him aggresively. He also said he wants to add a big-time WR.

This opposed to the last two years, where he clearly stated they would not pursue any big-names, and would build through the draft. He never says this in his presser, so it makes me think we could sign a big free agent or two.

Thoughts? Go BILLS!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After Buddy's presser, I can't help but get exited about this years FA class, since I really believe we will make a big splash. Buddy emphasized that if there is the right guy available as pass rusher, they will pursue him aggresively. He also said he wants to add a big-time WR.

This opposed to the last two years, where he clearly stated they would not pursue any big-names, and would build through the draft. He never says this in his presser, so it makes me think we could sign a big free agent or two.

Thoughts? Go BILLS!

Bills will make a lot of noise about chasing some big name free agents

However, those guys will surprising at the last minute sign with some other team

and the Bils will sign a few guys off of Green Bay's practice squad

Bills will make a lot of noise about chasing some big name free agents

However, those guys will surprising at the last minute sign with some other team

and the Bils will sign a few guys off of Green Bay's practice squad

Yep. Don't let the Bills FO fool you again!

As you said I wouldn't expect Buffalo to sign more than one or two key guys given the cash to cap spending. With that said I believe buffalo will make an effort to get a guy they believe will make a difference. I'm very optimistic but you have to keep in mind not a lot of players want to come here, I think they will draw in a WR through free agency to go opposite stevie and I think thats the most realistic bet of free agency. I'd love a guy like meachem, garcon, robinson or even vincent jackson to come in and then look to defense in the draft but however it goes as long as we fill the needs with the right players I'm very optimistic about next season

I think we have an excellent shot at Vincent Jackson because of his ties with Nix and Merriman. I also think, just a thought now, that we are going to enter the Mario Williams bidding. Not saying we are going to sign him, but we will be out there. I think we pursue and land a veteran CB as well.

Thoughts? Go BILLS!

My thought is you should put down the pipe.

Well, we need to re-sign Stevie, Chandler, Lindell and Bell. So that would technically count as being pretty active in FA. But on top of that, I think we need to also sign 1 from the Jackson/Colston/Meachem pool. Then go Defense heavy in the draft.

Of course, I wouldn't be upset if we went after Mario Williams either. But I dont see that happening.

Edited by DrDareustein

I think we have an excellent shot at Vincent Jackson because of his ties with Nix and Merriman. I also think, just a thought now, that we are going to enter the Mario Williams bidding. Not saying we are going to sign him, but we will be out there. I think we pursue and land a veteran CB as well.

Come on! You think Jackson gives 2 shites about Nix and Merriman?? He's all about money--he's not gonna give the Bills a discount because he played a few years with Merriman? We know what money he expects.

Come on! You think Jackson gives 2 shites about Nix and Merriman?? He's all about money--he's not gonna give the Bills a discount because he played a few years with Merriman? We know what money he expects.

Agreed. In order to get Jackson (which I want us to do), we need to beat Chargers money AND get these guys to convince him to take it.

i also exspect the bills to be active in free agency.. the first year i figure buddy and company were still evaluating what they had, last year with the cba mess it would ve been foolish to do much , this year we will see if they truly are going to make a push in fa..

campbell ,,,colston,,, and solai !!!!! i wish!

Do people really believe that we'd she'll out the bucks for both Stevie and a big-name free agent WR? Really?

The Bills aren't required to spend any percentage of the cap in 2012, something which, according to the CBA, begins in 2013. It'll be interesting to see if the Bills stay true to their supposed strategy of signing their own with SJ and if Buddy is correct that they'll spend 100% of the cap, which is probably going to be about 125M. That's not their cap hit, but total cash outlay.

I'll believe it when I see it after the last 4 free agency periods.