Mike Mularkey is Jags new head coach

mellaman101

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't tell me this is going to turn into a revisionist "Mularkey never got a chance in Buffalo" post. Or that RW somehow stood in his way of succeeding when TD had full and total control over the operation. I'm sorry but good coaches don't get beat by third stringers AT HOME with a playoff berth on the line. Granted, it wasn't Mularkey's decision to cut Bledsoe and go with JP Losman as that was TD's blunder. But he did a lot to screw his own pooch in that final year in Buffalo.

That said, I wish him well in Jax.

GO BILLS!!!

Good for him and wish him well!

Nice to see what he can do without Ralph Wilson around and a owner who wants to win.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7448807/source-jacksonville-jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-coach

I am not a fan of Meathead. He must be impressive in meetings though. He got the Bills job after a down year for him in Pittsburgh...........they were fine with him leaving. Now he gets Jags job after that playoff game the other day.........getting shut the hell out with an offense that featured Matt Ryan, Michael Turner, Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez?

Some men are better coordinators than head coaches. Mularkey is one of those men.

The Bills are proof that most coordinators are better coordinators than head coaches.

Some men are better coordinators than head coaches. Mularkey is one of those men.

And coming of that terrible Giants game you could make a case he's not even a great coordinator -- this is an incredibly low sperm count coach signing guaranteed to fit into the new ownership's master plan to relocate the Jags

Good for him and wish him well!

Nice to see what he can do without Ralph Wilson around and a owner who wants to win.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7448807/source-jacksonville-jaguars-hire-mike-mularkey-coach

Hope he does well but I knew he wasn't the coach for us when we were up 23 to 3 at Miami in the fourth quarter and let them score three unanswered touchdowns to win the game 24-23. :angry::wallbash::sick:. I don't remember how it happened now but I always felt it was his fault for letting that happen; probably was too conservative and just went 3& out punt.

I think you meant "fist"

:lol: :lol:

Good luck to Mike Mularkey. He seems like a classy dude, and deserves another chance. Interesting that he's gotten another shot, before Gregg Williams.

I know, from my "insider" at One Bills Drive, the day Mike Mularkey resigned from the Bills was considered a very sad day for Bills employees...Gregg Williams, not so much. From all accounts I have heard, Mularkey was a class guy, well liked by all, including Mr Wilson. I can't say that I blame him for leaving when he did, but I think he was the best of the three previous Bills coaches (Jauron, Williams and MM), and it is interesting to think how things might have been different had he stayed on. I really think he and Levy would have worked well together, and we might have avoided the most recent "missing years" of Buffalo Bills football.

Edited by Buftex