Mike Mularkey is Jags new head coach

mellaman101

Mularkey is a gimmick coach. He will soon be exposed again.

He's also dumber than a box of rocks....

What is the IQ value typically associated with a box of rocks?

I've forgotten so much over the years…

malarkey or malarky

— n

slang nonsense; rubbish

I loved when he was the coach simply for the reason I could complain about "the mularkey play calling". Seriously when your name is a homonym for one that means nonsense or rubbish it does not inspire confidence lol.

LOL. Seriously indeed!

I thought that MM had quit partly due to psychological issues - something about stress on him and/or his family or something....kids getting picked on in school when the Bills lost, etc. He's putting himself back in the front seat - wonder how it will be any different.

Of course, in Jacksonville, no one really cares, so maybe that will be a good place for him!

Yeah I remember the kid/school thing going public.

You're right, Jacksonville is probably the best place for him to resurrect his Head Coaching career.

The apathy is a good fit.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

work for cheap ?.....i doubt Jax owner has any interest in paying $10 mil/year for Fisher, Cowher, Gruden, etc....

at least Ralph tried to pay $10 mil...but was turned down.....lol

No reason to think the new owner of a struggling team/fan base wouldn't drop any amount named to get the best HC available. Problem is that there are very few solid candidates. And Gruden anf Cowher have made it clear they aren't interested this year.

There's a rumor that as with the Brian Schottenheimer situation in New Jersey, that Mularkey might have been fired had he not been rescued by the Jacksonville Jaguars:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/falcons-may-have-moved-on-from-mularkey/

An interesting dynamic played out last night with Mike Mularkey getting the head coaching job in Jacksonville.

Once Mularkey got the job, the Jets gently pushed Brian Schottenheimer out the door. If Mularkey didn’t get a head coaching job elsewhere, it’s possible the Falcons would not have kept Mularkey as offensive coordinator anyway.

Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that the belief in Atlanta was that Mularkey wasn’t going to be retained by the Falcons. The team had a lot of success under Mularkey, but the rough end to the season had the Falcons possibly looking in a different direction.

Yeah he didn't want to come back as fans and their kids were giving his kid a bunch of ****. I mean damn people be pissed at the coaches but leave their families alone.

I agree that was bush league. Families should be left alone. I would have left as well if my family was being hassled or found a private school that was a safe haven (sp?)

This guy is a L-O-S-E-R!

...and a QUITTER!

How any team could hire this turd to be a head coach is beyond me.

Of course -leave it to Jacksonville. They shouldnt even be considered and NFL property.

This turds offense scored a a whopping ZERO points last week against a so-so NY team-Pathetic-ZERO points!

Forget that he quit a HC job here in BFLO. The best part was He blamed his quitting on his kids being PUs Says.

He said they were being kicked arond at school because the team sucked so he needed to quit.

Way to Jacksonville...You are going NOWHERE (Except hopefully to L.A.)

I agree that was bush league. Families should be left alone. I would have left as well if my family was being hassled or found a private school that was a safe haven (sp?)

Puh Lease! Biggest wishy washy excuse ever made up to justify being an "in over his head" loser and QUITTER.

You clowns obviously bought this half azz excuse too.

The guy sucked. Was the franchise upside down? Yes it was , but you dont quit (and blame it on your kids being wimps)

There's a rumor that as with the Brian Schottenheimer situation in New Jersey, that Mularkey might have been fired had he not been rescued by the Jacksonville Jaguars:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/falcons-may-have-moved-on-from-mularkey/

An interesting dynamic played out last night with Mike Mularkey getting the head coaching job in Jacksonville.

Once Mularkey got the job, the Jets gently pushed Brian Schottenheimer out the door. If Mularkey didn’t get a head coaching job elsewhere, it’s possible the Falcons would not have kept Mularkey as offensive coordinator anyway.

Mark Bradley of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that the belief in Atlanta was that Mularkey wasn’t going to be retained by the Falcons. The team had a lot of success under Mularkey, but the rough end to the season had the Falcons possibly looking in a different direction.

Only Mularkey could get hired for a HC job after being fired at a lower post...twice. :wallbash:

All 12 Jags fans are going crazy. Gotta love the hiring of a guy first off a shutout. I don't hate Mularkey but he is what he is. And Gabbert is a soft NFL QB. That team is on the fast track to LA.

You may not hate Mularkey but I do. Of all the d- bag coaches we have hired over the years , this clown takes the cake, and you are right GayBert is a woman. Im so glad we didnt take him because he would have fallen right into that mode of Johnson, Edwards, Losman over cocky and under performing soft QBs we had a track record with in the past decade plus.

Lastly how The F did JAcksonville get 3 prime time games this year. WTF is that? Even if they were decent-NOBODY Cares about that team.

That certainly makes sense. It really makes you scratch your head as to why Jacksonville's two main head coaching candidates were guys not being retained because their previous teams basically considered them to have failed at their jobs. In Mularkey's case he has failed numerous times now, and he had some pretty good tools to work with in ATL.

All this after their owner resisted offering the team for sale and insisted they were staying in Jacksonville long term. I guess someone has to be the new Al Davis...

Only Mularkey could get hired for a HC job after being fired at a lower post...twice. :wallbash:

This says is it all...

IIRC, Meathead completely lost the team in '05. Pissed off plenty of vets like Moulds, etc. Not to mention his textbook "how-not-to-handle-a-QB-situation" shenanigans with Losman and Holcomb.

Im pretty sure he didn't want either of those guys on the field. He still wanted Bledsoe IIRC.

Chan Gailey says hi :ph34r:

Im pretty sure he didn't want either of those guys on the field. He still wanted Bledsoe IIRC.

Chan Gailey says hi :ph34r:

Wannastache says hi too

Yeah, one poster had it right about his OC was terribad and MM needed to take over the play calling. Meanwhile, Tom Donahoe wanted him to make Losman into another Ben Rothlisberger :lol:

A real good op-ed blog by Florio on the Mularkey hiring:

http://profootballta...-talk-to-mccoy/

Last night, word emerged of yet another ho-hum hire in the head-coaching ranks. Mike Mularkey, long-time assistant and two-year Bills coach, became the third coach in Jaguars history.

The move came a day after the team had planned to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. But McCoy wasn't available to be interviewed or hired, because his team pulled off a stirring and unlikely victory against the defending AFC champions, thanks to a brilliant game plan that came one week after the end of a regular season in which McCoy's ability to devise creative game plans helped deliver an unlikely playoff berth. Instead of waiting for McCoy's season to end, the Jaguars jumped on the guy who was available to be interviewed and hired, because his team scored zero offensive points against an up-and-down 9-7 team.

Hooray?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In Mularkey's case he has failed numerous times now, and he had some pretty good tools to work with in ATL.

It's not like Atlanta had a terrible offensive year. They were 17th in rushing, but 8th in passing and 10th in yards per game. They were also 7th in total scoring and 7th in touchdowns.

If you're not sure how to spell haven you definitely should have found a private school a long time ago.

It's not like Atlanta had a terrible offensive year. They were 17th in rushing, but 8th in passing and 10th in yards per game. They were also 7th in total scoring and 7th in touchdowns.

I know what you are saying, but...

The Falcons have a ton of talent on that offense, great young QB, Turner, two stud WR's, a HOF TE, good O-line... You want your O-coordinator to be able to turn that combination into a dominant offense. The Falcons offense was far from dominant this year, they were extremely inconsistent and were really riding on their defense. They shouldn't be eeking by offensively with that talent, which is what they did this year.

What it really comes down to though, is the playoff game. The giants were the 27th ranked defense in yards allowed in the regular season, ATL's offense got shutout in embarrassing fashion. In the playoffs, when it matters the most...Mularkey just can't get it done, time proven.

Funny to watch one of our previous head coaches (even if only for a few games) embarrass another one.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I know what you are saying, but...

The Falcons have a ton of talent on that offense, great young QB, Turner, two stud WR's, a HOF TE, good O-line... You want your O-coordinator to be able to turn that combination into a dominant offense. The Falcons offense was far from dominant this year, they were extremely inconsistent and were really riding on their defense. They shouldn't be eeking by offensively with that talent, which is what they did this year.

What it really comes down to though, is the playoff game. The giants were the 27th ranked defense in yards allowed in the regular season, ATL's offense got shutout in embarrassing fashion. In the playoffs, when it matters the most...Mularkey just can't get it done, time proven.

Funny to watch one of our previous head coaches (even if only for a few games) embarrass another one.

So, the last result is always the only result that matters?

Wicky wacky Mularkey....say, lets bring Travis Henry back to show Maurice Jones Drew how to throw a HB option on the Miami 4 yard line in the 4th quarter! Brilliant!

Guy is too cute for his own good. With all those weapons in ATL, their offense should be humming like GB or NO. They were not even close.

Besides, wicky wacky Mularkey quit on his team in Buffalo. Thats unforgivable.

Sorry Jax fans...nothing good will come of this.