Anyone excited about the "Championship Game" tonight?

Mr. WEO

Jarrett lee should have been in this game a long time ago

I never understood why they made the switch in the first place. The Lee kid was doing just fine and benching him in favor of a curb-stomping asshat made me not want to see LSU win anything this year.

Looks like my wish is coming true!

Big play and horrific looking injury by Alabamas d!

I intentionally left the room before they could show a replay. Was it as bad as it looked live? :(

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only bowl game I'll bother watching; not interested in any of the other meaningless exhibitions. As for the first game, I thought it was great. But as a Patriot fan, I can see where you'd have no interest in anything defensive as it probably seems entirely foreign to you.

This game is not as good cuz Alabama (who's been the best team in the country all year, imo) is just whipping their ass all over the place.

well said

I never understood why they made the switch in the first place. The Lee kid was doing just fine and benching him in favor of a curb-stomping asshat made me not want to see LSU win anything this year.

Looks like my wish is coming true!

I intentionally left the room before they could show a replay. Was it as bad as it looked live? :(

I was amazed how quickly they welcomed him back to the team. He's just not good, and has so many issues on and off the field. The 50 pairs of sneakers taken after he got arrested screamed improper benefits and a vacated title eventually if they let him play... If he didn't screw it up along the way on the field.

This is the only bowl game I'll bother watching; not interested in any of the other meaningless exhibitions. As for the first game, I thought it was great. But as a Patriot fan, I can see where you'd have no interest in anything defensive as it probably seems entirely foreign to you.

This game is not as good cuz Alabama (who's been the best team in the country all year, imo) is just whipping their ass all over the place.

Oh Simon, I expected so much more from you! But yes, I prefer watching teams like GB and NO, as does most of the country no doubt. You prefer watching the Steelers and Baltimore., perhaps.

This game is not good because the LSU is simply awful, regardless of the Bama defense. And the lack of TDs for ALA must be due to LSU's D "whipping ass" also.

Great Bowl games have already been played. Does anyone consider, at this point, either of these teams as the best in the country? Last time they met it was the worst game between 2 top teams I've ever seen.

What say ye?

i felt it was an awesome game.. i wish NFl was more hard hitter, every yard means something kinda game... this new school wide open offense is fun but this is an old school olden days guy. I'm 31 and wish i was able to see guys like starr, tarkenton, ditka, jim brown etc... were able to do.. i want these kind of kids of D on our team.. we got 2 last yr in dareus and shepp and would love upshaw and 1-2 guys from these d's... u add these kinda WINNERs or d to our d and it will do a change like houston this yr with 2-3 read good early D picks and i FA and on O,

very simple.. SIGN a VET WR, get a n OL like hairston in 4th.. ad depth thru FA in OL, need guys on bench that can step in when someone goes down, and dont miss a beat.. backup OLINE and to have 3 starter level guys in it due to soooooo many injury.. some minor, but i think biggest diff on on our offense this yr was losing wood. we single handily lost 1 game just by gailey using levitre on D... we had no chance that day whether we were playing packers or colts...

i just hope its not past buddy's bedtime cuz they is some serious talent on these d's..

Edited by robert cohen

This game is not good because the LSU is simply awful, regardless of the Bama defense. And the lack of TDs for ALA must be due to LSU's D "whipping ass" also.

You didn't watch much college ball this year did you?

These are two of the best defenses in the history of college football. Alabama may be THE best. The difference here is mccarron, while not great, is so much better than Jefferson. And bama has done a better job of calling plays especially on first down. To say LSU is not good is ludicrous.

If were running a 43, the OLB isn't our primary rusher anymore

I really don't like this mentality and really hope the Bills have finally left it behind. I don't care what kind of defense your team runs, if you have a chance to add a player like Courtney Upshaw you just find a place to play him and he will make your defense better.

Then we still have no rush. Unless they would play him like Von miller does in Denver. Except miller is a far superior rusher than upshaw. I think upshaw could be a good player. I just don't see explosiveness or play making ability. Maybe the kid from Illinois has that. I haven't seen any of Illinois this year

Mercilus is a better rusher but only productive this year.

You didn't watch much college ball this year did you?

These are two of the best defenses in the history of college football. Alabama may be THE best. The difference here is mccarron, while not great, is so much better than Jefferson. And bama has done a better job of calling plays especially on first down. To say LSU is not good is ludicrous.

Watch a lot of college ball. LSU offense was horrible tonite. Jefferson awful. Never said the BAma D wasn't good. MccArrin had the game of his career. LSU D was a no show. That sums it up.

Well, that didn't go as expected. Next year it'll be an epic matchup between UGA and Bama in the SEC championship...UGA's youngsters started really coming along later in the season, and next year their D will dominate. Combine that with the best QB in the SEC, and my hope to be the Bills QB in a couple years, Aaron Murray, and you have a pretty tough team.

That was a Defensive Clinic!!!! Let's sign some Tide players - Upshaw, Hightower and on on . . .

I am not a fan of either team. I hate Saban (I hate the Dolphins, but even they didn't deserve him!!) But that defense was incredible. To think many felt the Tide shouldn't have been in this game because they missed 4 FG's in their last meeting (1 in OT). They out played & lost to LSU in Oct and dominated tonight - they are clearly the Champs. Even their Offense controlled the tempo of the game, hogged the ball and moved the chains. LSU was never in the game.

Congrats to Dareus!! His boys are Champs again!!

ive posted a few times regarding upshaw and started a thread... but did u see his postgame interview... how we handed D MVP trophy to entire D and not caring about spotlight... all he cared was about the D pitching a shutout... not his personal stats... shepp led the LSU d for yrs, dareus same with bama and i think upshaw should be there at 10... NO BRAINER pick... i really hope watching this game and not smoking his medical marijuana for glaucoma! we drafted to top players from them last yr and should do the same this yr! these kids are born leaders and we already found a decent foundation on D if we can get 3 new starters maybe maybe one mid round pick like shepp starts by mid yr, and we can get one via FA.. our D could be a hell of a lot better..

ive posted a few times regarding upshaw and started a thread... but did u see his postgame interview... how we handed D MVP trophy to entire D and not caring about spotlight... all he cared was about the D pitching a shutout... not his personal stats... shepp led the LSU d for yrs, dareus same with bama and i think upshaw should be there at 10... NO BRAINER pick... i really hope watching this game and not smoking his medical marijuana for glaucoma! we drafted to top players from them last yr and should do the same this yr! these kids are born leaders and we already found a decent foundation on D if we can get 3 new starters maybe maybe one mid round pick like shepp starts by mid yr, and we can get one via FA.. our D could be a hell of a lot better..

Adding Upshaw to our LB corp would be fantastic. This draft is much stronger on the offensive side of the ball, but there are some nice D players. We need to grab this kid at 10.

The interview was nice. I wouldn't mind him on the Bills at all. He had a very decent game.