Anyone excited about the "Championship Game" tonight?

Mr. WEO

I don't get why people bash the first game so much. To me it was like a pitchers duel. Do playoff baseball games bore you if they are 0-0 in the 7th? One play literally can change this game around.

As for winning your conference I think the fault lies at the secs feet. Georgia was not as good as alabama but plays in the other division so they got to play in the sec joke of a championship game.

These are by far the two best defenses in colleges! Whether or not they are the best two teams is moot. Even in a playoff system rarely do the top 2 teams make it in. The super bowl representatives are not always the 2 best teams. I think the bcs severely overestimated how much people would like to see this rematch.

All that being said I still woul prefer a playoff purely for the excitement factor it would bring.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these are well coached ELITE d's that are littered with NFL talent and are proven winners. dareus and Shepp both as those schools and used a 1st and 3rd and dareus is the real deal and will be MUCH better and a nightmare for OL's next yr cuz we will have KW by his side in a 4-3 which will really free up edges cuz its gonna take 3 OL to guard those two and most likely the RB/FB will chip in them them.. shepp wasn great this yr, but with a REAL offseason and valuable playing time which who looked a little out place but sill made some plays and was generally viewed as solid pick and shows promise... after buddy's talk talking, i have a feeling they will resign stevie and add a veteran WR to play along him. Rb we are set with and like it or not fitz will be our starter next yr. if they plan to win and possbily make playoffs which in a 3rd yr of regime u have no choice cuz u probably wont be around after 3 subpar yrs. they know the best way to make playoffs is give fitz another solid reliable PROVEN weapon and draft for OL and D. i see our pick is a no brainer..

UPSHAW... veteran college player, plays on best D in college and will is EXACTLY what we need most... A DAMN PASS RUSHER! the kid is a player and the safest and best possible choice (unless) one of top 5 are available to us.. i really hope we draft 2-3 players in this game on D.. these kids are just taught the RIGHT way to play D

Still liking Upshaw.

Definitely playing run first. But did a good job of getting the sack on Jefferson and not missing on such a big mobile QB.

He seems like a very solid olb. I just don't know that he is a dominating pass rusher that we need

I don't get why people bash the first game so much. To me it was like a pitchers duel. Do playoff baseball games bore you if they are 0-0 in the 7th?

Baseball is difficult enough to watch without suffering threw "pitcher's duels". I'd rather watch MLB playoffs as thy actually happened this year--not pitcher's duals.

He seems like a very solid olb. I just don't know that he is a dominating pass rusher that we need

From the looks of it there isn't a pure dominating pass rusher in this draft.

I think he's every bit as good a pass rusher as Orakpo, but he plays the run much better.

Great Bowl games have already been played. Does anyone consider, at this point, either of these teams as the best in the country? Last time they met it was the worst game between 2 top teams I've ever seen.

What say ye?

This is the only bowl game I'll bother watching; not interested in any of the other meaningless exhibitions. As for the first game, I thought it was great. But as a Patriot fan, I can see where you'd have no interest in anything defensive as it probably seems entirely foreign to you.

This game is not as good cuz Alabama (who's been the best team in the country all year, imo) is just whipping their ass all over the place.

Baseball is difficult enough to watch without suffering threw "pitcher's duels". I'd rather watch MLB playoffs as thy actually happened this year--not pitcher's duals.

I prefer offense too as Tds are exciting however I don't mind watching these defenses battle it out. Big play and horrific looking injury by Alabamas d!

Upshaw def looks like the real deal. I came into this game thinking Hightower might be the better player but this is a solid game by Upshaw.

If were running a 43, the OLB isn't our primary rusher anymore

Then we still have no rush. Unless they would play him like Von miller does in Denver. Except miller is a far superior rusher than upshaw. I think upshaw could be a good player. I just don't see explosiveness or play making ability. Maybe the kid from Illinois has that. I haven't seen any of Illinois this year

JJ is awful at life. And qb.

Yeah but did he dislocate the guy's leg from the hip after that boneheaded shovel pass interception.

Maybe he can play OLB that was a sick tackle.

But yeah he does suck at life and Lee should have been in on the next series.