Anyone excited about the "Championship Game" tonight?

Mr. WEO

They still wouldn't have won their conference though, which was your argument. So if the loss was earlier in the season and they had to win out it might effect your opinion? Just playing devils advocate at this point. I think the "win your conference" argument is way overrated and a silly catch phrase.

I guess what I'm saying is that the argument I'm making would be moot if there was a playoff system.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Budd isn't too excited. He ain't there.

If you mean Buddy Nix, you're probably right that he's not there.

However the Bills hired Darrell Moody to be their National Scout after the firing of Modrak.

Moody was a quarterback at NC State for where he earned a degree in economics and a masters in vocational education.

He coached at all levels for 31 years and was the Chargers Southeast Scout for 8 years before being hired by Buddy.

I would also expect (minimally) that Director of College Scouting Chuck Cook (who replaced Modrak) will be there as well.

I don't know about you guys but I am having such a hard time watching this game (LSU vs ALA). I just don't get it. You have to win you conference to be considered a Champion. I am not an OK State fan, but i feel they should be playing in this game. I mean why don't the Red Sox and Yankees play in the world series every year. They are the two best teams in baseball. And every time they play it is exciting. Oh it's because they are in the same division. Plus who would have thought Denver would have won yesterday before the game. Nobody gave them a chance and look what happened.... I am just saying it shouldn't be LSU vs. ALA it should be LSU vs. another conference champ is all.

Championship of what, each other? Which I suppose will be a co-championship if Alabama wins (or will there be a "rubber match of the century" next week). Yawn.

Can't remember the last time I cared less about a football game. But I'm looking forward to watching some real football on Saturday.

Ok st got hosed. Alabama had their shot at lsu and lost. At home. Okst lost on a day when 4 people in their program DIED decades before their time. Okst showed nothing but class through the whole thing never once raising the title over the ltragedy Gundy fedicating the Stanford win to the fallen was memorable. Boon Pickens is cool. If I had that cash id invest it somehow all in the bills.

Ok st got hosed. Alabama had their shot at lsu and lost. At home. Okst lost on a day when 4 people in their program DIED decades before their time. Okst showed nothing but class through the whole thing never once raising the title over the ltragedy Gundy fedicating the Stanford win to the fallen was memorable. Boon Pickens is cool. If I had that cash id invest it somehow all in the bills.

This seems like a potentially excellent post.

Can someone explain to me what it means?

Ok st. was lucky to beat Stanford and would get mauled tonight. Bama should have one the first game but their kicker was horrendous.