Anyone excited about the "Championship Game" tonight?

Mr. WEO

I was amazed how quickly they welcomed him back to the team. He's just not good, and has so many issues on and off the field. The 50 pairs of sneakers taken after he got arrested screamed improper benefits and a vacated title eventually if they let him play... If he didn't screw it up along the way on the field.

I couldn't believe how they just brushed that Lee kid aside to replace him with a guy who didn't deserve it. I don't do a very good job of keeping current with the media, but I don't even remember there being much said of it; as if it was just an acceptable norm or something. That's just all wrong.

As for the shoes, I wouldn't put too much stock in it; it's what the kids do these days. I've got a teenage boy who's probably bought 30 pairs of sneakers and he's got buddies with way more. Not saying he's not getting paid, just that shoes are probably no longer a reliable tell.

That game Sucked!! Certainly not the best bowl game.

It certainly was the best bowl game; cuz' it was the only one that meant anything.

But yes, I prefer watching teams like GB and NO, as does most of the country no doubt. You prefer watching the Steelers and Baltimore., perhaps.

I like 'em all; and while often times defense better than offense, I won't rip on a game where both offenses outplay the defenses.

Oh Simon, I expected so much more from you!

Why would you do a dumb-ass thing like that? :blink:

and i think upshaw should be there at 10... NO BRAINER pick...

Agreed; if the Bills have no brain, they'll draft Upshaw at 10.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't believe how they just brushed that Lee kid aside to replace him with a guy who didn't deserve it. I don't do a very good job of keeping current with the media, but I don't even remember there being much said of it; as if it was just an acceptable norm or something. That's just all wrong.

As for the shoes, I wouldn't put too much stock in it; it's what the kids do these days. I've got a teenage boy who's probably bought 30 pairs of sneakers and he's got buddies with way more. Not saying he's not getting paid, just that shoes are probably no longer a reliable tell.

It certainly was the best bowl game; cuz' it was the only one that meant anything.

I like 'em all; and while often times defense better than offense, I won't rip on a game where both offenses outplay the defenses.

Why would you do a dumb-ass thing like that? :blink:

Agreed; if the Bills have no brain, they'll draft Upshaw at 10.

If the Bills do have any brains, They'll draft Upshaw at 10

Adding Upshaw to our LB corp would be fantastic. This draft is much stronger on the offensive side of the ball, but there are some nice D players. We need to grab this kid at 10.

I agree 100%, and how about Hightower in the 2nd

Edited by Fig Newton

If the Bills do have any brains, They'll draft Upshaw at 10

I agree 100%, and how about Hightower in the 2nd

I would be happy if they took Upshaw in the 1st, and Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd. Upshaw looks like the kind of player that has a very good, solid career. Lewis is a big play guy. He is capable of wreaking havoc, more of a wildcard type player. He plays real fast, reminding me of Von Miller (no, I'm not saying he is as good). Those 2 on opposite sides, with Dareus and Williams in the middle, could be a huge upgrade to the front 7.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I would be happy if they took Upshaw in the 1st, and Ronnell Lewis in the 2nd. Upshaw looks like the kind of player that has a very good, solid career. Lewis is a big play guy. He is capable of wreaking havoc, more of a wildcard type player. He plays real fast, reminding me of Von Miller (no, I'm not saying he is as good). Those 2 on opposite sides, with Dareus and Williams in the middle, could be a huge upgrade to the front 7.

youtube.com/watch?v=DS5coCK-qCg

Upshaw improved his stock last night. One of the best players in the best conference on the best team in the country. Those are strong credentials. I watched him as closely as I could last night. He was on almost every tackle in the first quarter. They were double teaming him and running away from his side most of the rest of the game. He really sets the edge against the run. One of the reasons the Bills pass rush is so bad is that they seldom force third and long. A better run defense will help their pass rush.

Wow. Complete snooze-fest, much like the first meeting. That was possibly the worst BCS game i've ever seen. What exactly is Alabama champions of? the BCS? By my count, each team beat each other, so i'm not sure how 'Bama deserves the championship. Did they switch to aggregate scoring like soccer?

It wasn't a battle of good defenses. It was a cripple fight of which offense could look less retarded. A punter vs kicker battle. Every other BCS bowl this year was much better than that crap-fest.

Great Bowl games have already been played. Does anyone consider, at this point, either of these teams as the best in the country? Last time they met it was the worst game between 2 top teams I've ever seen.

What say ye?

I certainly wasn't excited before the game...But in hindsight I thoroughly enjoyed watching it though.

In general, defensive college games usually aren't entertaining to me...But that has to be the best college defense I have ever seen. Mccarron was also very impressive as well. His arm is nothing special, but his ability to move around and throw accurately on the run was really fun to watch.

Side note: Pretty pathetic coaching job by LSU, almost Jauron like...After being able to do nothing in the 1st half, what did they do in the 2nd half? THE EXACT SAME THING...Why not put in Lee? Try throwing down field...ANYTHING different? Nope, they just stuck with the same failed game plan...Just really reminded me of Jauron's Bills, and Turk "The Brain" Schonert...

Upshaw improved his stock last night. One of the best players in the best conference on the best team in the country. Those are strong credentials. I watched him as closely as I could last night. He was on almost every tackle in the first quarter. They were double teaming him and running away from his side most of the rest of the game. He really sets the edge against the run. One of the reasons the Bills pass rush is so bad is that they seldom force third and long. A better run defense will help their pass rush.

One more reason I wish the Bills would keep the 3-4, but if they go to a 4-3 I don't see how they can take Upshaw. He is a pure 265# OLB that played exclusively in the 3-4...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I certainly wasn't excited before the game...But in hindsight I thoroughly enjoyed watching it though.

In general, defensive college games usually aren't entertaining to me...But that has to be the best college defense I have ever seen. Mccarron was also very impressive as well. His arm is nothing special, but his ability to move around and throw accurately on the run was really fun to watch.

Side note: Pretty pathetic coaching job by LSU, almost Jauron like...After being able to do nothing in the 1st half, what did they do in the 2nd half? THE EXACT SAME THING...Why not put in Lee? Try throwing down field...ANYTHING different? Nope, they just stuck with the same failed game plan...Just really reminded me of Jauron's Bills, and Turk "The Brain" Schonert...

One more reason I wish the Bills would keep the 3-4, but if they go to a 4-3 I don't see how they can take Upshaw. He is a pure 265# OLB that played exclusively in the 3-4...

Strong Sideeee

This is why it was hard for me to judge just how much the Bama D played in this outcome. Jefferson is horrible and Miles play calling was a gameplan for a loss. How on earth was he COTY???

Wow. Complete snooze-fest, much like the first meeting. That was possibly the worst BCS game i've ever seen. What exactly is Alabama champions of? the BCS? By my count, each team beat each other, so i'm not sure how 'Bama deserves the championship. Did they switch to aggregate scoring like soccer?

It wasn't a battle of good defenses. It was a cripple fight of which offense could look less retarded. A punter vs kicker battle. Every other BCS bowl this year was much better than that crap-fest.

Definitely a snoozer, but come on, man. Don't show your bias --- at least admit 2000 was just as bad.

This is why it was hard for me to judge just how much the Bama D played in this outcome. Jefferson is horrible and Miles play calling was a gameplan for a loss. How on earth was he COTY???

:lol: I kept telling the guys that Studrawa should call a few more runs wide into the strength of the Bama D. BTW, there were plays in the passing game there for the taking, but Jefferson was terrible and maybe they didn't trust him at all.

On the other hand, Bama has some serious talent in their front 7 and it's hard when the O-line is getting their tail kicked up front... not that all the horizontal stuff was helping an iota.

:lol: I kept telling the guys that Studrawa should call a few more runs wide into the strength of the Bama D. BTW, there were plays in the passing game there for the taking, but Jefferson was terrible and maybe they didn't trust him at all.

On the other hand, Bama has some serious talent in their front 7 and it's hard when the O-line is getting their tail kicked up front... not that all the horizontal stuff was helping an iota.

Yeah, it's like they gave their original game plan a shot, and when it didn't work they just folded up shop and quit. It seemed like they were so afraid of making a mistake against that defense, that they weren't even willing to try and beat them.

Definitely a snoozer, but come on, man. Don't show your bias --- at least admit 2000 was just as bad.

The 200 title game was just as bad. :) The talk on local radio today in Tallahassee was how LSU supplanted the 2000 'Noles as the single worst offensive performance in a BCS game. :)

At 265, Upshaw should be plenty big enough to put his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as a DE on certain downs.

At 265, Upshaw should be plenty big enough to put his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as a DE on certain downs.

Yes he should be able to do that. But do you want to be taking a guy like that with the 10th pick of the draft, and HOPE he can be as dominant in the NFL as a DE, as he was as an OLB in college? To me the guy is an absolutely amazing 3-4 OLB, smart, athletic, powerful. I just think that is his best position, why make him do something else?

Apparently it's just me thinking this way, but I guess I am just not a fan of forcing guys into unfamiliar positions. If we stick with a 3-4 that would be the ideal situation IMO, then he would obviously make sense.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

But, it would be Billsian to pass on the better football player in the draft because there is some other guy with a half-millimeter height advantage or some such. :ph34r:

Yes he should be able to do that. But do you want to be taking a guy like that with the 10th pick of the draft, and HOPE he can be as dominant in the NFL as a DE, as he was as an OLB in college? To me the guy is an absolutely amazing 3-4 OLB, smart, athletic, powerful. I just think that is his best position, why make him do something else?

Projections like that are what made Modrak all that money. :devil:

Given that we (as a lot of teams) play multiple fronts, you draft him with the idea of playing him at both 3-4 OLB and DE in a 4-man front on passing downs. No need to stick him in only one spot or the other.

Yeah, it's like they gave their original game plan a shot, and when it didn't work they just folded up shop and quit. It seemed like they were so afraid of making a mistake against that defense, that they weren't even willing to try and beat them.

Miles said at halftime that he felt like they were beating themselves with penalties and not executing. The "adjustments" did seem to be little more than to hope for the best. Not sure why they left Jefferson in there if they weren't able to trust him or get it going in the passing game when Lee stood there on the sidelines.

But, it would be Billsian to pass on the better football player in the draft because there is some other guy with a half-millimeter height advantage or some such. :ph34r:

Projections like that are what made Modrak all that money. :devil:

I know you're slamming the Bills twice in this comment but are you saying that they should ignore position and draft the best player or that they shouldn't ignore position?

I know you're slamming the Bills twice in this comment but are you saying that they should ignore position and draft the best player or that they shouldn't ignore position?

Nope. There are clearly examples where the Bills missed chances to take better football players in the draft and instead whiffed. Do you not agree? There are thousands of old posts about discussing that topic, if you want to argue the point with others on the board.

Secondly, one of the common themes in the past has been drafting college players based on projection. One example is Aaron Maybin, who they decided could bulk up and become an every down player and learn to play the run. There are many others.

These are not mutually exclusive points by the way. Picking a kid that had a great combine but didn't look so great on film and projecting him to a new position based on the combine numbers are scenarios that actually play out in the NFL draft.

What does that mean? Glad you asked. It means take the best players and BUILD YOUR SCHEME around those players and put them into the best situations to win football games. That's what great coaching is all about.

... What does that mean? Glad you asked. It means take the best players and BUILD YOUR SCHEME around those players and put them into the best situations to win football games. That's what great coaching is all about.

This, this. A thousand times, this.

GO BILLS!!!

Given that we (as a lot of teams) play multiple fronts, you draft him with the idea of playing him at both 3-4 OLB and DE in a 4-man front on passing downs. No need to stick him in only one spot or the other.

Yep...need more good football players, and this kid fits the bill. On top of that, he's a team player. I would love to see him in B-lo.