Anyone excited about the "Championship Game" tonight?

Mr. WEO

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Bowl games have already been played. Does anyone consider, at this point, either of these teams as the best in the country? Last time they met it was the worst game between 2 top teams I've ever seen.

What say ye?

Would rather see the Ducks playing LSU, but that's just me. LSU certainly deserves too be there.

Great Bowl games have already been played. Does anyone consider, at this point, either of these teams as the best in the country? Last time they met it was the worst game between 2 top teams I've ever seen.

What say ye?

They are still the best two teams and it may have had not much offense but the D was great. plus this will give us one last chance to see Upshaw, Hightower or Kirkpatrick are right for us.

Roll tide!

I'm going to watch it because it's football. I'm not a big college football fan. I'm TIVOing it so I can start watching it about 1 1/2 hours after it starts so I don't have to invest 4 1/2 hours into it. College games are just way too darn long with all the reviews and the longer half time.

I wish one of the other top teams hadn't crapped the bed, cause I'd rather see LSU playing one of them, but should be a great game. I just have a problem with a team playing for the national title when they didn't even play for their own conference championship...so I'll echo what PTR said...SCREW THE BCS!!!!

I wish one of the other top teams hadn't crapped the bed, cause I'd rather see LSU playing one of them, but should be a great game. I just have a problem with a team playing for the national title when they didn't even play for their own conference championship...so I'll echo what PTR said...SCREW THE BCS!!!!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:;)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:;)

I have a ton of respect for that program...but I can't stand Satan lol.

I do want some of their players, though...their guys on D are more NFL ready than just about any other program's kids. :thumbsup:

You must really hate wildcard weekend. Just skip right to the divisional round?

Edited by NoSaint

They are still the best two teams and it may have had not much offense but the D was great. plus this will give us one last chance to see Upshaw, Hightower or Kirkpatrick are right for us.

Roll tide!

More likely we'll see the punters highlighted again. I'd say Ok St would beat either of these teams.

You must really hate wildcard weekend. Just skip right to the divisional round?

I'm not following you. If there was a playoff system like the NFL, that would be great. If an NFL team can win three road games to get to the SB, then they deserve every bit of what they earn. But Bama lost to LSU in their own home stadium, and they didn't play in the SEC championship game. This is a perfect example of why there SHOULD be a playoff system in college. Bama should have had to win a playoff game or two in order to play for this title.

More likely we'll see the punters highlighted again. I'd say Ok St would beat either of these teams.

I was so pissed when they lost that game at the end of the season...the cowboys vs LSU would have been a much more interesting game, IMO.

I'm not following you. If there was a playoff system like the NFL, that would be great. If an NFL team can win three road games to get to the SB, then they deserve every bit of what they earn. But Bama lost to LSU in their own home stadium, and they didn't play in the SEC championship game. This is a perfect example of why there SHOULD be a playoff system in college. Bama should have had to win a playoff game or two in order to play for this title.

They still wouldn't have won their conference though, which was your argument. So if the loss was earlier in the season and they had to win out it might effect your opinion? Just playing devils advocate at this point. I think the "win your conference" argument is way overrated and a silly catch phrase.

both these teams would have rolled Ok St. Ok St would not score more than 24 points on either defense, and both Bama and LSU would put up 40 against Ok St's bum squad defense.