Donte rips Chan Gailey

Stevie Ray

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what that's about but I get that Harbaugh's team and culture is probably different than buffalo.

Wish donte could be happy with being on a great team in the playoffs rather than dredging the past.

Maybin was the only player I feel like chan ever "called out". Maybe he and Whit are tight...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/51949/donte-whitner-rips-chan-gailey

Really? I never saw Chan 'throw players under the bus" in the media. Did I miss something? :unsure:

I don't know if I would call it "throwing players under the bus", but I do think Gailey, generally, is far more critical of players, to the media, than any coach we have had in some time. I don't honeslty think Gailey sees it as "throwing them under the bus", but fans, being as obsessive as they are, always look to find more meaning in what the coach says. If you recall, last season, he was pretty critical of Lee Evans, but in a round-about way. The only player I have really him really bend over backwards to defend, is Fitzpatrick. It makes sense, he is Gailey's QB, for better or worse, no point in adding fuel to the fire. But, recall how critical Gailey was with Aaron Maybin as well.

As a fan, I find it refreshing. But, as a player, in a profession where you often have 50 to 80 thousand critics watching your every move, it has to be a little nerve-wracking if your confidence isn't healthy enough to take it.

I think Chan, and Buddy Nix to a degree, really enjoy the media give and take. That lends them to saying "too much" sometimes.

Edited by Buftex

The 49ers dont need that amount of public accountability... ANYMORE.

They/Harbaugh had the luxury of Singeltary doing that part already. Remember when he sent Vernon Davis to the showers and then told the media that he didnt need players like that on his team?

It was part of Chan's job to bring that to Buffalo. He spoke out on Maybin as a last effort to get him to man-up. He spoke out on Evans in a last effort to get him to run real routes. But he has never taken the podium after a loss and said "This player lost the game for us".

As far as the Jets go... Their locker room is not in any better condition than ours. Actually, quite worse.

The 49ers dont need that amount of public accountability... ANYMORE.

They/Harbaugh had the luxury of Singeltary doing that part already. Remember when he sent Vernon Davis to the showers and then told the media that he didnt need players like that on his team?

It was part of Chan's job to bring that to Buffalo. He spoke out on Maybin as a last effort to get him to man-up. He spoke out on Evans in a last effort to get him to run real routes. But he has never taken the podium after a loss and said "This player lost the game for us".

As far as the Jets go... Their locker room is not in any better condition than ours. Actually, quite worse.

So true- I didn't even think about how misguided that whole quote is given one of the baselines or models is the jets. The had a team captain flat out quit during a pro football game. A back up qb accused teammates of not caring about winning... That's model teamwork...

All Gailey does is note where a player has to improve. Its not throwing anyone undera bus. He never blamed anyone for a loss. The only thing he did that might have pissed off Baby Donte is not say he needed to be kept because he certainly didn't. What a fool.

Can't this dicknose just be happy that Buffalo did what no one else would, as in pay him first-round money? I defended him through plenty of the petty squabbles with Twitter, etc, but taking this time when his team has a great opportunity ahead of him to slam the Bills proves to me that he is a thin-skinned loser. I hope San Fran gets their asses handed to them, and that Whitner gets torched by a TE as usual.

Lost in all this is how funny it will be watching Donte in coverage against the Saints this upcoming weekend. :lol: This is going to be classic. Watching him trying to cover Graham will cause a good laugh, if Harbaugh is dumb enough to try that. I bet he gets beat for atleast two TD's no matter who he's responsible for on the field. No matter what, the train is on its way to San Fran and TWhitner is tied to the tracks. :thumbsup:

this comment from Donte is funny considering how be openly negged to come back here but was looking for the big payday that never came. In the end he took less money than Buffalo initially offered because the offered did not come for Whitner while the Bills moved on. Classic sour grapes comment with no facts to back it up. I'm not the biggest Gailey fan, but I would not say he calls out players to take blame away from himself. He often points out his mistakes as well as pointing out that some of the players need to do better. I enjoy his candor and would think that mature players would as well.

Lost in all this is how funny it will be watching Donte in coverage against the Saints this upcoming weekend. :lol: This is going to be classic. Watching him trying to cover Graham will cause a good laugh, if Harbaugh is dumb enough to try that. I bet he gets beat for atleast two TD's no matter who he's responsible for on the field. No matter what, the train is on its way to San Fran and TWhitner is tied to the tracks. :thumbsup:

I bet Whitner has a career game, just because you tempted the fates.