Donte rips Chan Gailey

Stevie Ray

He could have a career game, heck, he could have the best game by any player in the history of the NFL, and fans here will still have the same thoughts/hatred for him

He brings it upon himself. No one asked him to be drafted where he was, and that's not his fault, but a real man can just go and do his work and let it speak for himself. If he spent half of the time spent running his mouth on technique instead, he'd be an All Pro. I'm not just talking about this, but about the Twitter fights, the guarantees, the contract whining. The guy won a lottery ticket with a #8 pick and a spot on a playoff team, and he's acting like a dumped girlfriend. Shut up and play. No one's sorry for you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He could have a career game, heck, he could have the best game by any player in the history of the NFL, and fans here will still have the same thoughts/hatred for him

Till now, I was sympathetic to him and recognized that his draft position was not his fault. However, he now makes these statements and burnt up any goodwill fans such as me had towards him. Very un-classy.

I bet Whitner has a career game, just because you tempted the fates.

Since he has never actually done anything in his career so far, a career game would not be that hard. Maybe he can celebrate a tackle for less than a 15 yard gain. Or maybe he can be within a few feet of Jimmy Graham on one of his TD catches he is usually just running into the screen shot when the TE is spiking the ball.

Whitner is an average safety who has maturity issues and talks on Twitter like a teenage girl. The rest of the NFL must not have thought much of him since he was on the clearance rack for SF to sign at the start of camp. Bills fans hatred of him is understandable. His infatuation with his unsuccessful past in Buffalo is comical and sad.

Edited by Maddog69

My favorite Whitner memory is him whining about the "police brutality" in Cleveland after he got tased for not minding his own business. Then running his mouth about how the truth would come out and he would prove his innocence before he plead guilty. I guess he doesn't like to be held accountable for his actions either by Law enforecement or his emploters. The dude is a menace to himself.

My favorite Whitner memory is him whining about the "police brutality" in Cleveland after he got tased for not minding his own business. Then running his mouth about how the truth would come out and he would prove his innocence before he plead guilty. I guess he doesn't like to be held accountable for his actions either by Law enforecement or his emploters. The dude is a menace to himself.

My favorite Whitner memory was his perpetual "what da heck!?!?!" mini-tantrum he would have after every -- and I mean every -- passing touchdown by opposing teams. It was usually accentuated by the extension of arms and a glimpse toward the sky. The torch for this very peculiar, yet somewhat entertaining move has since been passed to Florence.

Donte in a small fish in a big pond. SF bay area has 2 NFL teams, 2MLB teams, a NBA team, and a NHL team. The dude is totally irrelevant on the niners. In the press he is never mentioned, and this hurts him most he has zero celebrity power. Unless someone keeps stats on pile jumping. He a 2nd alternate on a team that put plenty of guys in the pro blow. An all Pro? What a joke and insult too All Pros. He is a serviceable player. gets ZERO press, and unless they announce the defense at home games. His name is never announced for a play. LOL.

Donte screwed the pooch when he turned down the Bills extremely generous contract offer. Man, did that work out great for us or what??? Now he makes where he should have been drafted. Veteran 3 round starter money. Besides being a very mediocre player he's a registered putz to boot. Stirring the pot is all the little guy can do to get his name in print.

Edited by Best Player Available

My favorite Whitner memory was his perpetual "what da heck!?!?!" mini-tantrum he would have after every -- and I mean every -- passing touchdown by opposing teams. It was usually accentuated by the extension of arms and a glimpse toward the sky. The torch for this very peculiar, yet somewhat entertaining move has since been passed to Florence.

Florence at least has the excuse of playing with 3 rookies in the Backfield (Williams, Rogers, and Searcy) for most of the times he threw his arms up.

Probably the flop that Brady took earlier. Although it wasnt really a flop as much as the refs being over-protective.

Florence still wins for the Sanchez flinch... :thumbsup:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeMp8t2--H8

There is no greater, more succinct illustration of Sanchez's career to date.

What a joke. :w00t:

Not sure what that's about but I get that Harbaugh's team and culture is probably different than buffalo.

Wish donte could be happy with being on a great team in the playoffs rather than dredging the past.

Maybin was the only player I feel like chan ever "called out". Maybe he and Whit are tight...

Yeah, Maybe Donte should worry about Drew Brees. You know studying his playbook rather than mentioning the past. I Don't see the 49ers winning this game.

How hard was it to say to the reporter the following:

"I am a 49er now. We just went 13-3 and got a first round bye in the playoffs. Let's focus on this team, not the last one."

God it must be tough to be a 25 year old millionaire and be so bitter...