Playoff weekend

NoSaint

Looking forward to the energy at the dome and a saints win tomorrow. Average score in their 4 primetime home games? 47-16, and 3 of those were against NFC playoff teams.

I think steelers should win easy, but surprises happen

Other two games are probably more split on picks

I like Atlanta to win but both teams have been up and down - depends who shows up

In the playoffs it's easiest to bet on the qb you like and Yates vs dalton leaves me scratching my head as neither is a guy you expect to pick as a playoff qb. Houston is so beat up but foster (and that o-line) might be able to put the team on his back. I take cincy ultimately.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston over Cinci- return of wade

NO over Detroit- NO is too good offensively

NYG over Atl- Eli over Matty (who's a diff qb on the road)

Pitts over Denver- defense rules this game. Pitts defense is better.

Jmo

Edited by NewEra

Any articles? All I've seen is rumors

They said on Sirius NFL Radio tonight that Brady Quinn had reportedly taken some snaps with the first team offense this week.

The games:

New Orleans over Detroit

Houston over Cincy (although I don't have a strong feeling on this and wouldn't be at all surprised if Cincy won)

New Jersey over Atlanta

Pittsburgh over Denver

The Saints & Steelers are locks, IMO. Bengals & Falcons could easily emerge victorious in two toss-up games.

They said on Sirius NFL Radio tonight that Brady Quinn had reportedly taken some snaps with the first team offense this week.

The games:

New Orleans over Detroit

Houston over Cincy (although I don't have a strong feeling on this and wouldn't be at all surprised if Cincy won)

New Jersey over Atlanta

Pittsburgh over Denver

The Saints & Steelers are locks, IMO. Bengals & Falcons could easily emerge victorious in two toss-up games.

I think Atlanta is better than advertised and NY is a bit shakier. I like John Abraham getting more snaps. I like turner running the ball. I like the falcons receivers against the ny secondary. If either qb is hot, that'll decide it but otherwise I think it's Atlanta in a tough one.

Houston just has soooo many injuries.

I also think a couple division winners will lose. I doubt all 8 play next week.

I think Atlanta is better than advertised and NY is a bit shakier. I like John Abraham getting more snaps. I like turner running the ball. I like the falcons receivers against the ny secondary. If either qb is hot, that'll decide it but otherwise I think it's Atlanta in a tough one.

Houston just has soooo many injuries.

I also think a couple division winners will lose. I doubt all 8 play next week.

Like I said, I definitely think Atlanta could win, but I just don't trust them away from their dome and outside in the Northeast. I believe the Giants' pass rush will make Matt Ryan's life miserable and Cruz & Nicks will have a field day against that secondary. JMO

1325902599[/url]' post='2356796']

Like I said, I definitely think Atlanta could win, but I just don't trust them away from their dome and outside in the Northeast. I believe the Giants' pass rush will make Matt Ryan's life miserable and Cruz & Nicks will have a field day against that secondary. JMO

I see it the same. The NYG DL should dominate the Atl OL, but White, jones and tony g might be able to make some magic happen

Houston over Cincinnati. I expect a low scoring game and I think the Texans have more talent.

New Orleans over Detroit. The Lions are a young and improved team and deserve to be in the playoffs. However they still need more time until they are Super Bowl contenders. The Saints are the only team IMO, that can challenge the Packers.

Atlanta over New York. The Falcons do not look like a Super Bowl team, but they are better than a Giants team that is far to inconsistent. Falcons should win easily.

Denver over Pittsburgh. On paper it seems like the Steelers should win handily. The Broncos are just a hard team to figure out. Also, Denver is a traditionally difficult place to win at during the postseason. Again I expect a low scoring game.

None of you guys are picking against the spread?

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna get up and make my picks… against the spread.

Heard a stat the other day that was interesting to me, didn't hear the exact #'s but..in the last 5 years of the the NFL playoffs and BCS games(the # of years is what i am not sure of) only one game in that span has the spread come into play. In other words, either the dog won outright, or the favorite covered. One friggen game in like 50 some games(again not sure of the #) .It was crazy.

Moral of the story..pick who you like to win..and play the money line if you like the dog..dogs are not losing the game but covering the spread.

BTW, I am not willing to bet it,so not convinced 100% on it, but if I was betting this weekend, think it would be on the Broncos on the moneyline. To many people think the Steelers are a lock,they prolly think they are a lock, they are banged up and old, playing in altitude, and I am sure the situation with the coach getting burned is weighing on their minds.But biggest factor is almost all the money is going on the Steelers, and the public is almost never right.

Edited by plenzmd1

Bengals 23 Texans 17....Bengals gear up to stop running game, dare Yates to beat them. Dalton poised in victory.

Saints 51 Lions 31 ......Saints just too much offensively! Saint D gets 4 turnovers.

Steelers 19 Broncos 9......Steelers do just enough to win. Sloppy game played by both sides. No offensive continuity by either.

Giants 34 Falcons 20......Giants getting healthy and hitting their stride. Eli playing big time QB and that Giant pass rush is like no other in the league when healthy. If Giants get up early Matt Ryan will suffer from the onslaught of JPP/Osi/ Tuck, etc.