Who Thinks Denver Can Beat Pittsburgh This Week?

The media isn't giving Denver any chance this week and by how their offense mainly Tebow has been playing it's hard to think otherwise, but I think this game will be a tight game with Denver pulling it out in the end. I think Denver's D matches up well to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh has struggled offensively at times throughout the season putting up points. I think the Denver's defense will have a point to prove and can keep them in this game with the momentum changing with some special teams or a long run by McGahee to spring open the game in the 4th and win by a field goal!

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a very boring game to watch.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Denver lost to us by four touchdowns, I don't like their chances against anybody. But the Steelers are looking vulnerable, especially given the near choke-job against the Browns. Still, I'll take Pittsburgh 16-7 with an abortive comeback attempted.

The media isn't giving Denver any chance this week and by how their offense mainly Tebow has been playing it's hard to think otherwise, but I think this game will be a tight game with Denver pulling it out in the end. I think Denver's D matches up well to Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh has struggled offensively at times throughout the season putting up points. I think the Denver's defense will have a point to prove and can keep them in this game with the momentum changing with some special teams or a long run by McGahee to spring open the game in the 4th and win by a field goal!

Denver and Tebow will finally be vanquished for the 2011 season. The defense w/o Dawkins hasn't been the same and starting guard Chris Kuper, who was instrumental in the success of the running game, is gone for the year. They're toast!!!

The Steelers will confound Tebow as Lebeau will give him fits with complicated schemes he's ill equipped to handle.

Easy win for Pittsburgh.

Denvers D has been wearing down. They are young too and losing Dawkins in the secondary has hurt them in terms of leadership. Tebow is completing 4 passes a game. The read option has been figured out and teams are clamping down. Their only hope is a great, inspired performance by the D and getting enough big runs to get in FG range and winning 9 to 6. Pitt is too good, even if batch plays, this is Pittsburghs game to lose IMO

Whereas the Lions will be under pressure to keep up with the Saints on offense, the Broncos will have the same pressure to keep up with Pittsburgh on defense.

Man, the NFL playoffs are awesome. Sometimes I forget it could actually be that much more exciting if my team ever qualified for them.

I could see this game ending 6-0 or something like that (whereas the Lions/Saints game could end up 45-38) but I just don't see Denver being able to move the ball at all in this game to even have a chance to win. The only way I believe Denver stands a chance is if they force some turnovers deep in Pittsburgh territory cause the Steelers offense has been pretty sluggish lately even when Mendenhall has played.

Edited by Talley56

Honestly I think Pittsburgh will pitch a shutout, and would be completely shocked if Denver had more than 200 yards of total offense. I can't see Denver scoring any points.

They just scored a combined 40 points and 900 total yards of offense in their last 3 losses to 3 of the most pathetic defenses in the NFL.

Pittsburgh wins 31-0 and it's not even that close.

With a limping Ben and mendenhall out anyhing can happen. Depends a lot on steelers success running with a backup. Steelers neatly got beat by browns yesterday, they're vulnerable.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

It's the playoffs and anything can happen... As for Ben, his OL has not faced such a good pass rush team all year as this...

I think the Steelers win in a rout.

Interesting tidbit of info, ever since the NFL moved to the 4 team divisions in 02 teams who have entered the playoffs at 8-8 or worse are 4-0 in the first round:

2004 (8-8) Minnesota 31 Green Bay 17

2004 (8-8) St Louis 27 Seattle 20

2008 (8-8) San Diego 23 Indianapolis 17 ot

2010 (7-9) Seattle 41 New Orleans 36

It appears as if Tebow has been figured-out and is done as a starting QB. I guess time will tell, but John Elway certainly can't be excited about the last 3 games, even though they backed into the playoffs.

You never know in the NFL, but this certainly doesn't look good for Denver. Tebow has shown his true colors over the past 3 weeks, and defenses know how to handle him. This game basically comes down to the Denver defense needing to force turnovers, and probably a lot of them...

Funny how everyone is so quick to write players/teams off when they don't want them to succeed, and hang on to others way too long. (Tebow had been written off immediatly by fans around the league because the media says that "his style can't win in the NFL", Yet someone like Sanchez and Romo people still believe can be players to lead their teams to a Super Bowl). I feel bad for him because he seems like such a good guy, and someone we should all hope would succeed and be a true role model for children watching the sport. Instead everyone seems to want to bring him down and push up guys like Vick

Pittsburgh right now is not the powerhouse team everyone thinks, they struggled to beat a bad Browns team and are really banged up. They are a beatable team who better hope that their offence can get them a quick lead, cause the closer the score stays late into the game, the better chance that Denver has with an upset. Denvers last 3 losses included a close loss to a divison team that has improved the last couple weeks with a new coach and QB (who was also looking for revenge after losing his starting job), A blowout against the Bills, and a blow out against the AFC's top seeded team.

This is probably the best matchup right now for the Broncos to have. If healthy, the Steelers would be one of the AFC favorites, but in the shape they are in, Denver can pull out a win. Cincy, Baltimore and New England just seem too strong right now, the only other option that the Broncos could have had a chance with is the Texans, because they are also hurting right now and struggled to finish the season (good thing the division was basically given to them once Peyton went down and Chris Johnson struggled to start the season).

I would not be shocked if the Broncos pull out a win this week and beat the Steelers, I would be shocked if they made it any further though.....

Funny how everyone is so quick to write players/teams off when they don't want them to succeed, and hang on to others way too long. (Tebow had been written off immediatly by fans around the league because the media says that "his style can't win in the NFL", Yet someone like Sanchez and Romo people still believe can be players to lead their teams to a Super Bowl). I feel bad for him because he seems like such a good guy, and someone we should all hope would succeed and be a true role model for children watching the sport. Instead everyone seems to want to bring him down and push up guys like Vick

Pittsburgh right now is not the powerhouse team everyone thinks, they struggled to beat a bad Browns team and are really banged up. They are a beatable team who better hope that their offence can get them a quick lead, cause the closer the score stays late into the game, the better chance that Denver has with an upset. Denvers last 3 losses included a close loss to a divison team that has improved the last couple weeks with a new coach and QB (who was also looking for revenge after losing his starting job), A blowout against the Bills, and a blow out against the AFC's top seeded team.

This is probably the best matchup right now for the Broncos to have. If healthy, the Steelers would be one of the AFC favorites, but in the shape they are in, Denver can pull out a win. Cincy, Baltimore and New England just seem too strong right now, the only other option that the Broncos could have had a chance with is the Texans, because they are also hurting right now and struggled to finish the season (good thing the division was basically given to them once Peyton went down and Chris Johnson struggled to start the season).

I would not be shocked if the Broncos pull out a win this week and beat the Steelers, I would be shocked if they made it any further though.....

Im not rooting agains Tebow. after seeing him play live and watching that game against the chiefs, I dont think he can beat the steelers this week. I just dont think hes capable enough as a passer yet

I think you are really stretching to try and justify that Denver has a chance. I don't think it will be remotely close but you never know.

As Boomer says, " That's why they play the games"

I think Denver will win. Tebow comes up big.

Whereas the Lions will be under pressure to keep up with the Saints on offense, the Broncos will have the same pressure to keep up with Pittsburgh on defense.

Man, the NFL playoffs are awesome. Sometimes I forget it could actually be that much more exciting if my team ever qualified for them.

so true my man - so true!