BillsVet

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, wacky Jim Irsay pulled the lever.

Polian's Out

Wacky for sure. I can't believe the Colts did this. Wow. Nobody has 'success' every year. For obvious reasons, the Colts tanked this year. Everything (Offensively and Defensively) they did was predicated on Manning putting up points. Bill Polian has had way above average success in running franchises. There just aren't a lot of guys with his track record out there. This is nuts.

Ralph was the first idiot to fire Bill Polian, now the Colts moronic owner is next on the list. Hey Jim Irisay (sp) how did that firing work out for Ralph Wilson? Oh yeah went from top of the NFL to the crap of the NFL.

Good Luck Genius.

Oh and don't be shocked after this move if Andrew Luck says screw you.

Shocking but also not shocking.

There had been speculation to this effect.

Hate to say it because of the fantastic job in keeping the Bills at a high level, then two other teams.

Still, we all know that injuries happen, especially to quarterbacks.

Having no succession plan for an injury-prone position and a stinkopotomus team which goes "hero to zero" without one key player, is not the path to Championship and continued employment.

I wonder who Irsay believes will be better?

Polian has rested on his laurels for quite awhile IMO.

I'm not impressed with the job they've done in Indy over the last 5-6 years and I wonder how much Bill has been mailing it in and letting his son do the heavy lifting.

I don't deny his great career but I question whether he's the genius GM that some believe him to be.

Has the older and irascible Polian lost his fire?

Just saw it too. A bit shocking, really. But to build the team so entirely around one player... a fatal flaw.

Next stop - San Diego/St.Louis/Jax/Atlanta?

Did I miss something with Atlanta?

San Diego and a reunion with Dungy?

I'd see dungy in St Louis first. Personnel seems to fit him better.

Ralph was the first idiot to fire Bill Polian, now the Colts moronic owner is next on the list. Hey Jim Irisay (sp) how did that firing work out for Ralph Wilson? Oh yeah went from top of the NFL to the crap of the NFL.

Good Luck Genius.

Oh and don't be shocked after this move if Andrew Luck says screw you.

Bills been great. Chris has big question marks.

Just saw it too. A bit shocking, really. But to build the team so entirely around one player... a fatal flaw.

Next stop - San Diego/St.Louis/Jax/Atlanta?

As far as I'm concerned the primary problem wasn't building around one player, but believing that Peyton would be back in time until a week before teh season. They basically forfeited teh first 6 weeks of the season by not having a QB who had any reps or time ot learn the playbook...They easily could have won a few more if they had just gone with Painter from the get-go

Why is this such a surprise? Losing 1 player should not spiral a team down to rock bottom. And if it does, then it means that the GM was inept at or ignoring the rest of the team. Polian didn't build this team right, plain and simple.

Love Polian, but have to agree with this. His last several drafts were poor, but masked by Peyton's play; this year those decisions were exposed.

Why is this such a surprise? Losing 1 player should not spiral a team down to rock bottom. And if it does, then it means that the GM was inept at or ignoring the rest of the team. Polian didn't build this team right, plain and simple.

They did lose a lot of starters besides manning.

Wow! That's all I can say...

Wow!

Oh and...Get er done Ralph... :lol:

Put me down for a WoW also... didn't see this coming in my wildest visions.

Irsay is a moron, just like his dad was. I suppose this happens to fools when they get older, like they say.

I suppose he forgot about the decade of winning and the SB the Colts just had a few years ago, 10 years of winning the AFC South will do that

Wonder what will become of Payton Manning

Edited by Fear the Beard

Love Polian, but have to agree with this. His last several drafts were poor, but masked by Peyton's play; this year those decisions were exposed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Chris handled most recently?

Coupled with drafting in the bottom 5 consistently.... Hitting homers isn't as easy down there.

Put me down for a WoW also... didn't see this coming in my wildest visions.

Irsay is a moron, just like his dad was. I suppose this happens to fools when they get older, like they say.

I supposed how quickly he forgot about the decade of winning and the SB the Colts just had

Wonder what will become of Payton Manning

A Bill????

Ok let me stop smoking. It was just a thought.

If Im Andrew Luck Indy isnt a very attractive of a destination at all.

Hey, maybe they can draft Luck and he can refuse to play there and threaten to play baseball and the team can sneak back to Baltimore in the middle of the night :devil:

Ralph could care less. Not going out on a limb here saying that Ralph's bucket list

does not contain: Win a Super Bowl at all costs.

We got the cap room for Manning even for just 2 yrs. With Polian gone the Colts would likely let Manning go and draft Luck or RG3 who I would draft if I was Indy.

Ralph really should try it one more time.... if not then just sell the team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Chris handled most recently?

Coupled with drafting in the bottom 5 consistently.... Hitting homers isn't as easy down there.

Yes, Chris Polian has had a bigger hand in the Colts over recent years. I wish I had the link somewhere, but there was an article not that long ago about the damage Chris had done within the organization with his nepotism aided career. If Irsay felt Chris Polian needed to have less control, there is little doubt he'd have to fire both father and son to do so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/06/chris-polian-catching-more-blame-for-the-state-of-the-colts/

The link to the Indy Star article is there, but its archived now. :(

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

After a different GM drafted QB Jim Kelly in 1983 draft. Polian is promoted to GM in 1985 and drafts QB Frank Reich in 1986 draft,very astute move. Reich is responsible for "BIllS" going to several Super Bowls when Kelly was hurt in 1990/1991. After Polian drafted Manning, Polian neglected to find another Frank Reich. In NFL (not for long league) every player eventually gets hurt, even Payton Manning, and not to have a quality back up QB hurt Colts and cost Polian his job.