The One and Only Stevie Johnson Thread

Simon

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. Chan always seemed to get a pained look on his face this year when questioned about Stevie's various antics and I just don't think he wants Stevie on his team. That really sucks because Stevie does have some talent and we need all the talent we can get.

For all the people talking about Stevie's talent: how many games did it win us?

Then:

How many games did his drops and stupidity cost us?

Totally support the benching, but letting him walk puts the lie to "building through the draft"...if they're not building through the draft, and they're not building through free agency, well then they're all out of options, and they're spinning their wheels.

Business as usual = wake me up when they make the playoffs.

Edited by Endless Ike

Yeah, I'm sure pro athletes spend their free time reading some of the garbage "fans" post here. I was a shirt that said Happy New Year. He probably shouldn't have done it but it get deal with. But let's not act like the guy had swaiskas on his shirt or something.

If the guy had swastikas on his shirt I would have said a lot worse.

He put himself above the team. Again. Tell me why this should be tolerated.

Totally support the benching, but letting him walk puts the lie to "building through the draft"...if they're not building through the draft, and they're not building through free agency, well then they're all out of options, and they're spinning their wheels.

Business as usual = wake me up when they make the playoffs.

Be careful what you wish for. You may be down for awhile. May wanna notify loved ones so they don't bury you haha.

Stevie's act was immature and selfish, the second time he pulled such a penalty in a divisional game this season.

Chan had no choice but to pull him. Belichick would have cut him on the spot.

That being said, the Bills need to re-sign him and SJ needs to learn his lesson.

Really? Because the precedent would be Welker's foot comments re: Ryan. It got him benched for a bit of the game and then he came in. Chan was less serious about winning this game than about teaching Stevie a lesson.

No fun league (unless you're Aaron Hernandez high-stepping into the end zone).

Happy New Year.

Yeah pay him franchise money. That will teach him a lesson. :):wallbash:

Yeah, compare one year 9 million to 25 million guaranteed. Players get hurt playing this game. He basically blew 16 to 20 million extra of guaranteed money.

The Bills need a #1 WR so he isn't going anywhere next year because they aren't drafting a WR in the 1st with the team giving up 49 points in three quarters today.

Gailey: team policy established earlier in the season was any penalty for demonstration would result in bench for rest of game.

But but but he's our best receiver! Whaaaaaa!

(not directed at you,76)

I guess we can say goodbye to Stevie. Why would Chan bench him after he made a penatly that was no factor in a game the Bills should have played everyone to kick the crap out of the pats. I know the season was lost but 2-0 vs the Pats would have been a sweet ending.....Goodbye Stevie we will miss you..

You're overreacting.

I bet SJ takes the punishment like a man, and it will have no impact whatsoever on whether the Bills resign him...

Gailey: team policy established earlier in the season was any penalty for demonstration would result in bench for rest of game.

Gailey had no choice but to bench him. He doesn't bench Stevie then he looks like punk for doing so. He probably loses a lot of respect in the locker room too.

Really? Because the precedent would be Welker's foot comments re: Ryan. It got him benched for a bit of the game and then he came in. Chan was less serious about winning this game than about teaching Stevie a lesson.

No fun league (unless you're Aaron Hernandez high-stepping into the end zone).

Happy New Year.

That's not the precedent unless Belichick already told the team anyone who made fun of an opposing hc would be benched for the whole game. I'm guessing he didn't.