Stevie has a feeling.....

bbb

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toshiero I gotta call you out here.......You obviosly think Stevie is waiver wire material where I feel the guy is a #1..............Do you watch the Buffalo Bills play football? Who is the guy with the #13 jersey who leads our team in recieving every year? Pay attention man........Are you jonesin for more Nelson, Jones, Easley action ? Is there

So I gotta ask ya Toshi......are there any Bills you do approve of? I just watched Dareus on SoundFX he's pretty good right?

So is Ralph cheap or does he overpay? Can't have both narratives going at one. <_<

I think they overpay sometimes and then are cheap other times.Not paying Hangartner,is one example of being cheap. They overpaid Kelsay. So You actually can have it both ways. This is basically a dysfunctional organization.

Stevie is perhaps the best and most consistent player on our offense (outside of Jackson). The Bills are well under what will be the league minimum for total player salaries in 2012. Nix and company have stated they want to build through the draft and develop their players in house. If they don't re-sign Stevie, regardless of the price tag, then there truly is no hope for this franchise. Period.Pay the man. He is far more valable to the Bills than any draft pick/FA.

Do You still think there is hope for this franchise with RW as the owner? Didn't the last 12 years teach you anything?

I had no idea that Buffalo never has had a receiver with back to back 1k yrd seasons. He needs to be resigned.

that is hard to believe

The PR machine continues (and I dont mind). Per Stevie's Facebook last night:

Its a good thing he used Facebook to do this, If he tweeted it, he would have been run out of town like Donte!

The thing about Stevie and dropping passes isn't that he drops balls, all WR's do, its that the ones he drops are always at critical moments that could clinch/win games. Fans vandilised McKelvins property and want to run him out of town for fumbling a kickoff against NE, Stevie drops a ball put right into his hands in teh endzone that would have beat the Steelers last year, then tweets one of the dumbest tweets ever after the game blaming it on god (Whitner just had to tweet that the Bills would make the playoffs one year and everyone called him an idiot) and fans practically line up to console the guy and carry/sniff his jock.

He is definitly worth re-signing, I just wouldn't be tripping over myself to re-sign him to whatever he asks. He is a great #2 or #1b WR for an offence, and the best option the Bills have right now for a top WR. This offseason, If I was him, I would be working on my concentration when the games on the line.

If you look at a guy like Stevie, credited with 3 drops on the year and compare him to Roddy White, who has 13, the biggest difference is the surrounding cast. Stevie has been blessed and cursed with being the most talented receiver on the team and because of that, in true Bills fan fashion he is only hated or loved. Never mind every receiver in the NFL has dropped a game winner, or said something stupid, he is the poster child because he's a Bill. A Bill who, if he left will be leaving with team records no other receiver has (back to back 1,000 yard seasons) and very few do (Back to back 70+ catch seasons, matched only by Reed and Moulds).

I'm fine with that. We have to overpay someone.

We need him if only not to create another hole. Since were only going to get better in the "draft" sign him and get some freak'n pass rushers in the draft!!!

Its a good thing he used Facebook to do this, If he tweeted it, he would have been run out of town like Donte!

The thing about Stevie and dropping passes isn't that he drops balls, all WR's do, its that the ones he drops are always at critical moments that could clinch/win games. Fans vandilised McKelvins property and want to run him out of town for fumbling a kickoff against NE, Stevie drops a ball put right into his hands in teh endzone that would have beat the Steelers last year, then tweets one of the dumbest tweets ever after the game blaming it on god (Whitner just had to tweet that the Bills would make the playoffs one year and everyone called him an idiot) and fans practically line up to console the guy and carry/sniff his jock.

He is definitly worth re-signing, I just wouldn't be tripping over myself to re-sign him to whatever he asks. He is a great #2 or #1b WR for an offence, and the best option the Bills have right now for a top WR. This offseason, If I was him, I would be working on my concentration when the games on the line.

...Stevie buy a juggs machine and think that every catch you make is a last second game winner!!! If we're winning, you can work on those entertaining TD celebrations, which by then, would be worthy!

He should be signed before it comes to that. Sign him long term. 5 years, no less.

Backload it so he has to earn it. Something like 5 years 45 million.Because He's young enough too

play it out, and still be effective.

Then go after a true #1 in the draft.

I love the guys that just say back load, or incentives, or whatever- as if the player doesn't have any interest to secure the most money ASAP regardless of play/injury. You can't force them to sign, and you surely won't be tricking them into a deal. It's nice when a situation permits but why would Stevie want to do that?

1980 - I think - maybe Dee Hardison or Ken Johnson as the 'lead singer' ??? Anyway, why not sign Stevie? We have nobody better for his role on the roster and so many other needs through the draft and F/A!

Yup - that would be Ken "Baby" Johnson - composer, producer and lead singer!

I love the guys that just say back load, or incentives, or whatever- as if the player doesn't have any interest to secure the most money ASAP regardless of play/injury. You can't force them to sign, and you surely won't be tricking them into a deal. It's nice when a situation permits but why would Stevie want to do that?

This is where the art of negotiation comes in. If you wish to pay the "going rate", or perhaps a little lower salary, the team needs to "sweeten the pot" in other ways by offering the player something desireable. Guaranteed money in case of injury, for example. A bigger signing bonus, which is up-front money and guaranteed. And then perhaps outdo what other teams might offer in salary, with escalator clauses not straight up. These guys have egos, "we'll make sure you're paid like a top 5 receiver if that's how you're performing in 3 years" is like "no sweat, man, I'll be there". It's not tricking to try to figure out if there is something of particular interest to the player, and see if you can give that while pushing for concessions on points important to the team.

This is how we signed Fitz - we actually offer him no guarantees at all of being paid if he's cut, which is something the team wanted, and probably a lower salary than he wanted. In exchange, we gave him a hefty signing bonus, and a guarantee of $9 million if he's injured while on the roster. So we met his targets for guaranteed money (24 million guaranteed) and for APY (annual pay per year) over the next 3 years and met the team's targets for salary and for not burdening the payroll if he's cut. And there can always be stuff in there which was not disclosed, escalators and the like.

This is where the art of negotiation comes in. If you wish to pay the "going rate", or perhaps a little lower salary, the team needs to "sweeten the pot" in other ways by offering the player something desireable. Guaranteed money in case of injury, for example. A bigger signing bonus, which is up-front money and guaranteed. And then perhaps outdo what other teams might offer in salary, with escalator clauses not straight up. These guys have egos, "we'll make sure you're paid like a top 5 receiver if that's how you're performing in 3 years" is like "no sweat, man, I'll be there". It's not tricking to try to figure out if there is something of particular interest to the player, and see if you can give that while pushing for concessions on points important to the team.

This is how we signed Fitz - we actually offer him no guarantees at all of being paid if he's cut, which is something the team wanted, and probably a lower salary than he wanted. In exchange, we gave him a hefty signing bonus, and a guarantee of $9 million if he's injured while on the roster. So we met his targets for guaranteed money (24 million guaranteed) and for APY (annual pay per year) over the next 3 years and met the team's targets for salary and for not burdening the payroll if he's cut. And there can always be stuff in there which was not disclosed, escalators and the like.

I very clearly understand negotiations. I was more referencing the people that assume any player in the world would take whatever we offer as long as it ends up close go the same dollars at the end of 5 years if they play 90% of the snaps and make 4 probowls and are wearing a SB ring.

Players like the ego boost but when push comes to shove it's all about how fast the dollars hit the pocket. If we don't offer them fast and without benchmarks, someone will. How often do we hear guys on here banter around with "omg just give him vet min and huge incentives and backload it - it's not that hard"

Wow, not sure how to feel about Stevie right now. Im a big fan of the player and the person, and defended him after the Jets game, but I also understand why Chan benched him.

Enough is enough with the antics for your facebook friends. You're at your job. Be a professional and think about your team.

The dummy couldnt have tried harder to give the FO more to negotiate with... :wallbash:

Wow, not sure how to feel about Stevie right now. Im a big fan of the player and the person, and defended him after the Jets game, but I also understand why Chan benched him.

Enough is enough with the antics for your facebook friends. You're at your job. Be a professional and think about your team.

The dummy couldnt have tried harder to give the FO more to negotiate with... :wallbash:

Stevie is gonna get his $ regardless. The Bills obviously aren't willing to pay him, so why should he care? Chan's an idiot for benching him this long. (and his play calling)