Are Bills fans great, crazy or what?

bbb

The crowd today looked pitiful when you just see the upper deck, but actually in the lower bowl, it felt like almost like you were at a sellout. There were no empty seats around us, and the crowd was having a lot of fun - a lot of Santas, no shirts, etc.

But, the thing that was shocking to me is that the whole lower bowl - as far I can tell - stood for the whole game. That type of energy level used to only come out for playoff games. But, in recent years it's happened for the big games. Dallas MNF might have been the first one, then Pats SNF later that year (even though we got killed). (Actually, I now remember it also for the big game in Week 17 against the Steelers in '04, as well)

But, for a crowd to be this enthusiastic for a team that just fell off the cliff and lost 7 in a row, I think is amazing.

I am all about the draft pick, but when you're at the game, and the crowd is that into, you can't help but root for your Bills.

Imagine if they played meaningful games in December! This town needs some playoffs!

I watched the game on TV and liked the energy the crowd provided. The one thing I didn't like is the taunting of Tim Tebow, the "Tebow Sucks" chant was uncalled for. I am a Bills fan and wanted very badly to beat Tebow, but I like everything about Tebow. His personality, the way he presents himself and the way he handels himself. If I had a boy (I was blessed with two daughters) I would want to tell my son to watch this man and try to be like him if your going to play football. Plus I know there isn't a fan in Buffalo that doesn't wish Tebow was on our team right now....

I watched the game on TV and liked the energy the crowd provided. The one thing I didn't like is the taunting of Tim Tebow, the "Tebow Sucks" chant was uncalled for. I am a Bills fan and wanted very badly to beat Tebow, but I like everything about Tebow. His personality, the way he presents himself and the way he handels himself. If I had a boy (I was blessed with two daughters) I would want to tell my son to watch this man and try to be like him if your going to play football. Plus I know there isn't a fan in Buffalo that doesn't wish Tebow was on our team right now....

I don't wish he was on our team right now. Not as a QB. Good person and good player are two different things. And unless he learns to throw the ball infinitely better than he currently does he won't win all that many games. Bills won because their offense beat Denver's defense and they took away that running game and made Tebow have to beat them with his arm which he couldn't do consistently. I thnk part of his problem is throwing mechanics and a larger part is inability to read coverage.

Edited by purple haze

I agree. I'm not really high on the anything sucks chants as it is. But, to do it to somebody who is the opposite of a villain is just stupid.....I joked to my friend next to me that these people are all going to hell, and he said "That's why you don't see me saying that!"

The crowd today looked pitiful when you just see the upper deck, but actually in the lower bowl, it felt like almost like you were at a sellout. There were no empty seats around us, and the crowd was having a lot of fun - a lot of Santas, no shirts, etc.

But, the thing that was shocking to me is that the whole lower bowl - as far I can tell - stood for the whole game. That type of energy level used to only come out for playoff games. But, in recent years it's happened for the big games. Dallas MNF might have been the first one, then Pats SNF later that year (even though we got killed). (Actually, I now remember it also for the big game in Week 17 against the Steelers in '04, as well)

But, for a crowd to be this enthusiastic for a team that just fell off the cliff and lost 7 in a row, I think is amazing.

I am all about the draft pick, but when you're at the game, and the crowd is that into, you can't help but root for your Bills.

Imagine if they played meaningful games in December! This town needs some playoffs!

it looked like the crowd was having fun. I thought the Tebow sucks chant were dumb, but accurate!

Paid attendance was somewhere around 55,000. Hard to say we are the greatest fans in the NFL with that turnout. I live on the West Coast and did not make it back to a game this year so I am just as guilty as anyone for not supporting them.

I think living 3K miles away is an acceptable reason. Living 45 minutes away is not.

PTR

Yah those are the fans that are grateful to have the Bills , then you come on here and read all of the posts about how Kelsay only shows up when he has a bonus due & all the other garbage you know that the so called Bills fans the don't appreciate the team just show up on this site !!!

I absolutely don't want Tebow on our team. He sucks as a QB. He's a good guy, but so was JP. He sucked too. JP wasn't hyped as the next coming of JC though and don't think for a second Tebow doesn't know exactly what he's doing. He's a marginal talent with very limited time in the NFL who is making the most of his 15 minutes and I give him all the credit in the world for making the most of his limited opportunity. Hes a big boy, he can handle a "Tebow sucks" chant.

Buffalo has done the best job of taking away the run and exposing his limited ability to read defenses. The Magic Tebow run is over.

RTB

Edited by RunTheBall

it looked like the crowd was having fun. I thought the Tebow sucks chant were dumb, but accurate!

On our TV the chant came in loud and clear. You know what though. tebow is the media darling, constant exposure, every game he flies some kid in for the game (great BTW). But all that exposure, the constant media love about his heroics, not to mention tebowing, puts a huge target on your back. Religion and the NFL are not a perfect mix. Tebow is fair game, especially playing like he did and he does well suck. Now, I wouldn't do it, and for people with young kids, I see the point. lets face it. if you have been too more than a few games at the Ralph you have seen far worse.

Paid attendance was somewhere around 55,000. Hard to say we are the greatest fans in the NFL with that turnout. I live on the West Coast and did not make it back to a game this year so I am just as guilty as anyone for not supporting them.

Considering what we've had to endure over the past 12 seasons, 55,000 for a team on a 7 game losing streak on X-mas eve is amazing. I have to give a lot of credit to every fan that came out to support this wayward franchise yesterday. Those in attendance are clearly the best Bills fans out there. They were treated to a surprising result for their effort.

On our TV the chant came in loud and clear. You know what though. tebow is the media darling, constant exposure, every game he flies some kid in for the game (great BTW). But all that exposure, the constant media love about his heroics, not

to mention tebowing, puts a huge target on your back. Religion and the NFL are not a perfect mix. Tebow is fair game, especially playing like he did and he does well suck. Now, I wouldn't do it, and for people with young kids, I see the point. lets face it. if you have been too more than a few games at the Ralph you have seen far worse.

Our stadium looks the worst in the NFL when not full. The blue seat backs are so obvious.

I live 400 miles away and still keep season tickets. Can't always make it in but I make sure my tix are used. Yesterday I sold the pair to a kid from UB for $20. Great seats too. People still need to support the team no matter what IMO. A few more crowds like yesterday and they have every reason to move someplace else.

You are very delusional if you think all Bills fans wish that Tebow was a Bill. Did you see how he played? The key to stopping Tebow is much like the key to stopping Doug Flutie. Just contain him in the pocket. So basically, you don't need pass rushers or cover corners, those things that top ranked defenses need to stop the better QB's in the league. If you go back to 1999, the Bills would have had homefield throughout the playoffs had Flutie been able to beat two non-playoff opponents at home(Raiders and Giants). Those teams just played the style of defense the Bills played yesterday and beat a Bills team that should have handed them their asses. No matter what Denver does to make their team better, if they keep Tebow as their QB they will always be limited by the easily defended passing game of Tebow.

I don't wish he was on our team right now. Not as a QB. Good person and good player are two different things. And unless he learns to throw the ball infinitely better than he currently does he won't win all that many games. Bills won because their offense beat Denver's defense and they took away that running game and made Tebow have to beat them with his arm which he couldn't do consistently. I thnk part of his problem is throwing mechanics and a larger part is inability to read coverage.

Were we watching the same game? Except for Spiller the Bills O didn't do ****. The Bills won because of 2 scores by the D (and good D in general), 1 by the kick returns (and very good returns in general), and the zebras being very pro Bills (McLovin stepping out of bounds on his TD return and the Broncos TD return being called back on a phantom block in the back as the big ones).

The O was pedestrian at best.

And my opinion is that the "Tebow sucks" chants made me embarrassed to be a Bills fan, and came through loud and clear on the TV a couple times.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Considering what we've had to endure over the past 12 seasons, 55,000 for a team on a 7 game losing streak on X-mas eve is amazing. I have to give a lot of credit to every fan that came out to support this wayward franchise yesterday. Those in attendance are clearly the best Bills fans out there. They were treated to a surprising result for their effort.

Many of those in attendance were die-hard Bills fans, but many were Tebow fans, Broncos fans, people who got free tickets and/or people who just didn't have family obligations on Christmas eve. The fact that the area within an hour of the stadium can't support the franchise by itself really hurts attendance on days like this or on night games before work days. That said, the initial point of your post is dead on.........after 12 years of losing.......the worst stretch of futility for an organization that specializes in futility.......it is amazing that people still show up.

We didn't have problems selling out when the team was winning. If the Bills are good our fans are as good as any in the league, when they aren't however, the fans aren't. You can't blame folks for not wanting to spend money on a bad product, and I wouldn't call those people their yesterday "the most diehard Bills fans." I go to my grandmothers every Christmas eve and I'm not about to break that tradition to go watch a team (formerly) on a seven game losing streak.