The Last laugh is on the Dolfans

bisonbrigade

I saw what I wanted to see toady. Young players like Arron Williams, Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller played well today. It doesn't matter that the Bills lost, because they won today in the end. The Bills moved up in the draft and passed Miami in draft status which really counts. You can say that the Bills don't draft well, but the 2011 draft is looking good. Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy and Hairston are all keepers. So a strong 2012 draft led by Courtney Upshaw and the return of all the injured players is making 2012 look pretty good. Thanks Miami!! Enjoy your meaningless win.

I saw what I wanted to see toady. Young players like Arron Williams, Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller played well today. It doesn't matter that the Bills lost, because they won today in the end. The Bills moved up in the draft and passed Miami in draft status which really counts. You can say that the Bills don't draft well, but the 2011 draft is looking good. Dareus, Williams, Sheppard, Searcy and Hairston are all keepers. So a strong 2012 draft led by Courtney Upshaw and the return of all the injured players is making 2012 look pretty good. Thanks Miami!! Enjoy your meaningless win.

dareus is a keeper...sheppard often looks awful. the rest are wait and see.

I'm not so sure. The tie breaker for determining draft selection order is strength of schedule. I'm too lazy to look it up right now but if Miami has had an easier schedule they would still pick ahead of us.

GO BILLS!!!

Good logic. Hey, let's really fool them and never win another game. Then again, what good is it to acquire a few decent players if we keep losing. But maybe that strategy works. Let's see. we have been getting high draft picks for more than a dozen years because of losing a lot more games than we have won. So how has that worked out? I seem to remember being unhappy when they only won 8 or 9 games. Then more recently I was unhappy when they were winning 7 games each season. Now they are winning 4 or 5 games.

I think you're right: we've got them right where we want them. And the fools don't suspect a thing.

For the first time this year, I decided not to watch a game. Listened on my phone. Broke down and watched enough to eat lunch. In that short window, I saw a Miami FG, three offensive penalties, an INT and a missed FG.

I've seen, and listened to, everything I need to, too.

I would have loved this meaningless win.

A win does nothing for me. Had they won it and if they do well in 2012, I don't see them looking back at this game and saying "that was the game that did it!" Whereas getting a top-3 pick and selecting Dareus definitely helped. Even moreso if they have a shot at a top QB prospect.

In terms of the OP's point, today was a pretty good day for the Bills. A lot of the drek of the NFL won today. Washington, KC, Miami, Carolina, Philly, Arizona and Seattle. San Diego is winning too. Cleveland did choke and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but overall, in terms of draft order, the Bills slid further up the ladder, or can now be easily passed as they slid into ties with a lot of other crappy teams.

Hey, it can't hurt right? Hopefully the further forward we go, maybe even the front office can't screw things up. See, Dareus, Marcell.

A win does nothing for me. Had they won it and if they do well in 2012, I don't see them looking back at this game and saying "that was the game that did it!" Whereas getting a top-3 pick and selecting Dareus definitely helped. Even moreso if they have a shot at a top QB prospect.

Did it, though? The defense looks even worse than last year and Reggie Bush just gashed us (primarily straight up the middle) for 200 yards.

I think Dareus has a bright future and the flashes we've seen have been brilliant, but I wouldn't attach the word "definite" onto anything regarding this defense.

I'm not sold on Shepp - he was exposed a few times today.

This teams greatest need is QB. If you don't have a franchise QB it's always your biggest need. We don't need to win for moral, we need to lose to have an opportunity at one of this years QB crop.

Amen Brother! Agreed. 100% correct. Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Rothlisburger, Manning, Manning, Brady, Kurt Warner, John Elway, Favre ... all winners of last 13 Superbowls. I left out Baltimore and Tampa Bay because they had such dominant defenses and got by with average QB's ... but a dominant defense isnt coming to Buffalo any time soon. Better to draft and groom a stud. Top tier QB's dont overshoot a receiver in stride by 6 yards and also throw picks week after week. Sorry, really do love you Fitz, but it aint happening Bro. Dreadful play last few weeks. Ouch,.

Edited by DallasBillsFan1