CJ's run that was called back...?

Dorkington

I missed that play during the game, but I keep hearing it referenced... anyone have a link to a clip or anything?

Curious as well I was at the game I saw the two flags come down, but didn't see the hold. Everything I've read states it was pretty lame call.

It was a bad call, marginal at best. The official was looking through a defender to make the call: that is a guess more than a certainty. He thought he saw something, the Titan defensive player did a great acting job, and the official bought it.

This happens just about every play, it's a guess, and this time it cost us.

I listened on the radio, and the guys upstairs were quite dissapointed after looking at replays. Seems the Officiating has been on a mission to humble us this year at home. Our team plays clean and almost too nice while we get manhandled and abused. Hells bells we might as well rip some helmets off. If they are going to keep calling or NOT calling the right play lets give them something to throw the flag at.

and while i am pissed about this trend, its time we started punishing players when we tackle. We always tackle nicely. Heck the Dolphins had at least 3 helmet to helmet or leading with helmet tackles for no call!

Ok sorry, sore subject. stupid refs,,

Definitely not a hold from where we sat either. That was a hell of an explosive play and would have changed the game in all likelihood. Cj had 3 runs of plus 25 if that had counted like it should have. Pretty darn impressive.

It wasn't even as close as the hold on Kelsay on Johnson's long TD. But hey, the refs suck and will never improve, and the NFL is just fine with that.

Kelsay AND Scott got held. Watch Scott get wrapped up by the pulling lineman. When he tries to turn, he gets yanked sideways.

I don't like complaining about officiating. But these guys need to be consistent. It better be a blatant hold to call back a 40+ yard TD run. And they screwed it up on the McIntyre call. The smallest things officials do can effect the outcome of a game.

It was a bad call, marginal at best. The official was looking through a defender to make the call: that is a guess more than a certainty. He thought he saw something, the Titan defensive player did a great acting job, and the official bought it.

This happens just about every play, it's a guess, and this time it cost us.

Balances out with Spiller's fumble-into-the-endzone-possibly-out-of-bounds TD.

I watched on TV. It was a typical dominating block by McIntyre (Corey should be in the Pro Bowl) and a beautiful run outside by CJ. Definitely not a hold but kinda looked like one. The main TV commentator said it was definitely a hold but the other guy said in disbelief "So you think that was CLEARLY a hold?" He obviously didn't agree.

Ah, I can see how that can be called a hold, he had his arm wrapped around him when the defender turned. Mac didn't react in time.

Bills shoot themselves in the foot once again. *sigh*

Exactly, if you don't want that kind of thing called on you then don't wrap your arm around the player.

You can't expect the officials to be able to see everything so don't put yourself in the position to have that called on you by using proper technique.

The official saw the player flop and Mac with his arm around the flopper, unfortunately for the Bills case closed.

It looked like a weak hold, but still a hold.

thats how i saw it as well...he had his arms around him which usually gets called

ive seen worse and if this wasnt so out in the open it might not get called but since it was and right in front of the ref not surprised it got called

was still a nice run by Spiller and hope he continues to run like that

If you watch the Kelsay hold, nevermind that, but look at how bad WIlliams played on that sequence. He runs into his own man thus leaving the OLine securing 2 Buffalo D! If he plays that like a pro, Johnson gets one yard!