Maybin wins game 4 Jets

n3wyork13

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda wild when you think about all of the Bills' castoffs around the league, you cold almost build an entire roster of starters (do the Bills have that now?).

Peters Incognito Hangartner Scott are all starting o-linemen.

McGahee and Lynch at RB. Evans at WR.

On defense, you have Ron Edwards and Justin Bannan at tackle, and CJ Ah-You at end; Maybin, Poz, Haggan at LB; Greer, Clements, Winfield and Lankster at corner, Whitner and Leonard at safety. And Wendling is the best special teamer in the NFL.

And folks wonder why we lack depth.

Kinda sad...

Yep +1

Kinda wild when you think about all of the Bills' castoffs around the league, you cold almost build an entire roster of starters (do the Bills have that now?).

On defense, you have Ron Edwards and Justin Bannan at tackle, and CJ Ah-You at end; Maybin, Poz, Haggan at LB; Greer, Clements, Winfield and Lankster at corner, Whitner and Leonard at safety. And Wendling is the best special teamer in the NFL.

Kinda sad...

CJ Ah You is in the league? Wow--seriously?

You are right we need a whole bunch of players like we already have because our defense is just so dominating?

No man you arr not even close... I mention the only guys in the front seven worth a dam.

Barnett seems like he is the only lb on the field most plays.

The ends and olb's wouldn't start anywhere else in the nfl...

Kinda sad...

We lack depth because we have an inept FO and a cheap owner who won't pay. People around here will say "Ralph is not cheap" simply because he signs a player or two. The fact of the matter is Ralph IS CHEAP, that's why we are 30 million (about) under the Cap.

Not a fan of Maybin at all but it is embarrassing to the Bills organization that he is doing so well for our division rival. This reminds me of Spiller. It would be very Bills-like (and fans) to say he is a bust and move him out but until last week, they really haven't given him a full time shot to be the full time RB. Feed the guy the ball 20 times and he will make some plays. Just don't expect him to catch passes like Dez Bryant in the back of the endzone! Did they ever put Maybin on the field enough to know he couldn't make any plays??? He certainly is surrounded by more D talent in NY so clearly his game is better suited there.

Kinda sad...

I've been of the opinion for quite a while that our defensive schemes and coaching are wrecking, or at least poorly utilizing, otherwise talented players. A lot of people on this board seem to think if you're a stud in college that you're automatically going to be a stud in the pros. There's a reason teams employ assistant and position coaches-- to COACH. Doesn't it make you wonder when a marginal player goes somewhere else and excels? How is it we've been bereft of good defensive coaching for so long?

people seem to forget the Jets cut him after picking him up... he passed through waivers so ever team passed as well. I don't see why teams just don't run right at him? He's got one move to the outside leaving a huge hole.

doesn't mean I don't want to fire Edwards however....

How come no one has raised the idea that perhaps Maybin is on steroids again? Remember , the NFL has not done any testing since the lockout.

Maybe because there is no physical evidence of steroid use. Unless you are describing some new designer steroids that keep you skinny or those that make you a better player after you get cut by the Bills.

Hey, you may be on to something there....

Every Jet fan I know who has a head on their shoulders say that they are going to draft an every down outside linebacker this year since Maybin isn't the answer.

A situational pass rusher like him won't make it long in the league, the roster spots are too valuable.

Not to mention he's making just over the league minimum now so the Jet's just figured WTF...

He's still not a first round talent, he's just taking advanages of the opportunities prestented to him this year (which he won't be able to duplicate on most other teams).

I believe Maybin would be the same thing we saw for two years had he stayed in Buffalo. I think he needed the shock of being cut to make him realize he had to actually do something.

All the best in NYC, good riddance from Buffalo.