Would you sign DeSean Jackson?

dayman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DeSean Jackson isn't the type of guy to sign with a team in a blue-collar market. He'll probably stay in Philly, but I can see him going back to the West Coast (Raiders/49ers/Chargers) or somewhere like Miami for the big bucks.

Man I hate when Bills fans always focus on the negative of every little thing on a player and say "he's not worth ____ money." DeSean on this offense would be ridiculous.

Man, I hate when Bills fans always ignore the negative of every little thing on a player......

Man I hate when Bills fans always focus on the negative of every little thing on a player and say "he's not worth ____ money." DeSean on this offense would be ridiculous.

I agree. He's a guy that with his RAC ability would make all these slants and shorts passes very dangerous.

Man, I hate when Bills fans always ignore the negative of every little thing on a player......

I hate it when Bills fans are adverse to adding ultra-talented players and decide to pick out every single negative.

I swear half of TBD should be political staffers because they're so good at vetting all every player in the league knowing at all times, what is going through their minds, their childhood situations, and minute-by-minute motives that drives that person to succeed or subsequently fail.

Comparing Jackson to Johnson is beyond lazy. SJ is a family guy who isn't going out on the town and goign buckwild. He made a bad move that hurt his team and he owned up to it. His teammates, unlike most fans, have completely moved on and love the guy.

Jackson is blowing 10K in a nightclub. He has numerous times when he has hurt his team. He is all about himself. He is a very talented player who has outperformed his rookie contract. But his attitude terrifies me. And I'd take SJ on my team anyday of the week.

I'd sign him. We need another WR. Once he gets paid he will be fine. We could make the contract incentive based so that he has the motovation to go over the middle, etc or have an injury clause that pays him if he suffers a carrear ending injury. The guy has unreal talent and woudl be great lineup with Johnson, Nelson, Jaskson. Plus, with Nelson he won't have to go over the middle much. The only concern is whether Fitz can throw the ball far enough after he burns a CB.

I've watched a handful of eagles games this year and its relatively easy to see that Jackson hates losing. I can sympathize for what he's going through this year as the eagles went out and signed 5 guys to more money than he is making. How would that make you feel as a player? Pretty unappreciated if you ask me..

DeSean Jackson is one of the top 5 big play threats in the league and would instantly open up the field for Fitz. The whole season everyone's knock on the bills offense has been the inability to throw the ball deep and I think Jackson would change that quickly. I think his talents and competitive drive greatly outweigh the antics you have to put up with on the field and even off the field. Johnson and Jackson would be a circus.. but they would terrify opponents.

I hate it when Bills fans are adverse to adding ultra-talented players and decide to pick out every single negative.

I swear half of TBD should be political staffers because they're so good at vetting all every player in the league knowing at all times, what is going through their minds, their childhood situations, and minute-by-minute motives that drives that person to succeed or subsequently fail.

Do you really want someone like Jackson who is going to quit or give half assed efforts whenever he is unhappy about his contract? Jackson's only problem is he is in debt because of his spending habits and wants a big money contract. That's the only thing going through his mind.

I would take Desean Jackson in a "New York Minute". You pair he and Johnson together on the field and this offense would be off the charts. Jackson is also a beast in the return game (good bye Roscoe). Not only can Jackson beat every single CB in the NFL on a deep route, he also is not afraid by any means to run routes across the middle of the field. Gailey's offense with more top-flight weapons? I'm in. :thumbsup:

Quit on his team? he is playing like the amount of money he is making. he didn't want to end up like fred or worse with a knee injury how can you expect him to play hard when he has to think about all of the ppl he will have to pay back and can not afford to get hurt bc he is the kind of guy where his knee goes his game is gone. he should have been paid they paid to bring in new talent when they had a team that could have gone all the way prior to the signings, they should have showed commitment if they wanted him to be committed. saying all that i would not sign DeSean we need a big guy possession to go out side of nelson. Justin Blackmon like. fitz can under throw him, he will go get it.

so in your mind its ok for a player to dog it because he doesnt want to get hurt in his contract year?...glad you dont play for the Bills

most players take this opporunity to show what they are made of and get the best contract they can but thats not how it should be done according to you

Jackson has been complaining about his contract since he was drafted bc he thought he should have been drafted higher...this isnt something new for him

DeShaun Jackson and his merry band of questionable ilk is PRECISELY what this Bills team needs. I am NOT being sarcastic. Enough with the buddy buddy chum chum pally pal locker room we have now. Give me somebody who'd rather smack a dood than be embarrassed like we were after the first Jets outing.

Love the dude's attitude, and he's a play maker, pure and simple.

I wouldn't mind one BIT if he came to Buffalo.

Exactly. I know it is tough for the simpletons on this board to understand but this team is lacking NFL talent. If you get a chance to grab a guy like D Jackson you do it. He would open up the underneath stuff for everybody else & we would have a true deep threat. & if you have to pay him some serious cash who honestly cares. Would you rather have it go towards fielding a better product or into Ebenezer Wilson's pocket. The Bills are $30 million dollars under the cap, a figure that they are going to have to hit in the next few years as league mandates. I got a better idea, let's rip up Kelsay's contract & give him a new $40 million extension. Then maybe everybody would be happy.

The thing is, it's not a cut-and-dried, clear-cut, slam-dunk argument either way.

There are major pros and cons to Desean which I guess is why people are focusing on their own rationales/positions rather than trying to establish some middle ground.

Personally I don't know if I'd target him in free agency at this point. From my perspective:

Pros:

Until this year, he was a fearless gamer. He's nearly the same size as Roscoe Parrish… 170 dripping wet… but I've seen Jackson run downfield and make tackles on interception returns, playing with reckless abandon… making hustle plays 40-50 yards downfield. Until this year you'd have to be crazy questioning his toughness, motivation, and heart. Until this year I always thought of him as a fearless player.

Speed/quickness… elite. As quick as Roscoe but faster. Can actually get behind defenses… amazing yards per catch and yards after the catch. Elusiveness is elite… great punt returner and open-field runner. Workout times from the combine (4.35 forty, short shuttle, long shuttle, 3-cone) are off the charts.

Three very productive seasons. http://www.nfl.com/player/deseanjackson/1581/profile

Youth… he's not yet 26 years old.

Cons:

Maturity issues. Rumors (somewhat substantiated) of financial problems. Other rumors regarding lifestyle, etc. In addition it is documented that he has skipped workouts, held out of training camp, missed meetings, etc. In fairness, probably most of these incidents stem from his unhappiness with his contract which he has made an issue of not just this year, but last year too.

Size. As he finishes his 4th season, his small frame has endured a lot of punishment. But that doesn't necessarily mean he will have a short career.

Concussion history. In both 2009 and 2010, Jackson missed games due to concussions. Again this does not guarantee a premature end to his career but it is a legit area of concern.

So you weigh everything and say, "is this an easy decision (to pursue him in free agency)?"

It doesn't look like an easy decision to me.

The thing is, it's not a cut-and-dried, clear-cut, slam-dunk argument either way.

There are major pros and cons to Desean which I guess is why people are focusing on their own rationales/positions rather than trying to establish some middle ground.

Personally I don't know if I'd target him in free agency at this point. From my perspective:

Pros:

Until this year, he was a fearless gamer. He's nearly the same size as Roscoe Parrish… 170 dripping wet… but I've seen Jackson run downfield and make tackles on interception returns, playing with reckless abandon… making hustle plays 40-50 yards downfield. Until this year you'd have to be crazy questioning his toughness, motivation, and heart. Until this year I always thought of him as a fearless player.

Speed/quickness… elite. As quick as Roscoe but faster. Can actually get behind defenses… amazing yards per catch and yards after the catch. Elusiveness is elite… great punt returner and open-field runner. Workout times from the combine (4.35 forty, short shuttle, long shuttle, 3-cone) are off the charts.

Three very productive seasons. http://www.nfl.com/player/deseanjackson/1581/profile

Youth… he's not yet 26 years old.

Cons:

Maturity issues. Rumors (somewhat substantiated) of financial problems. Other rumors regarding lifestyle, etc. In addition it is documented that he has skipped workouts, held out of training camp, missed meetings, etc. In fairness, probably most of these incidents stem from his unhappiness with his contract which he has made an issue of not just this year, but last year too.

Size. As he finishes his 4th season, his small frame has endured a lot of punishment. But that doesn't necessarily mean he will have a short career.

Concussion history. In both 2009 and 2010, Jackson missed games due to concussions. Again this does not guarantee a premature end to his career but it is a legit area of concern.

So you weigh everything and say, "is this an easy decision (to pursue him in free agency)?"

It doesn't look like an easy decision to me.

sjb-sometimes i wish you were Bills GM.not joking.

the concussion issue is one i wasnt aware of.-One thing I would like to add

is that he will be expensive.And as much as we are under the cap we have so many

D front 7 holes and O line depth issues that I dont think it would be money smartest

spent.-No doubt he is a super talent though.