Would you sign DeSean Jackson?

dayman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha T! Too kind, buddy.

I was the one who said the Bills have enough talent on the front 7 to be a good defense.

If I recall correctly, you argued the exact opposite.

I thought so myself SJBF, but that was based on the premise of last year's Williams combined with the Merriman of whom we saw flashes in pre-season, and Barnet. Without that Merriman, we had no legit pass rusher - though I did hope Moats would come on

Edited by Hopeful

Rather sign Carolinas Steve Smith. He's a free agent after this year and is unhappy in Carolina.

Pretty sure he loves cam. He was unhappy without him but I think he's feeling good these days

My pipedream FA in this years class is colston. Probably never happens but he's huge, can get downfield, reliable hands, and humble. Not a huge deep threat but can go long. He's a buddy nix type receiver if you look at the body types and skill sets in SD and what he's started bringing in here.

Odds are he never hits the market though.....

I thought so myself SJBF, but that was based on the premise of last year's Williams combined with the Merriman of whom we saw flashes in pre-season, and Barnet. Without that Merriman, we had no legit pass rusher - though I did hope Moats would come on

It all comes down to a pass rush. Merriman would have made up for many issues or injuries if he played like those flashes. We could "get by" with an otherwise healthy 7 but with him AND Williams out.... Ouch.

desean at his best is better than SJ at his best actually, sorry for that bad news.

SJ is not clutch at all, yes he can get separation from Revis, but when the moment comes to catch the game winning touchdown he repeatedly comes up short.

I thought Plax's comments after the game regarding SJs pantomime were very illuminating - he said the jets won the game, and SJ dropped the passes that esesentially lost the game for the Bills. And he was right.

I would for sure take Desean Jackson over SJ, sadly we will likely end up with niether player. But Ruvell will be a Bill!