Would you sign DeSean Jackson?

dayman

DeShaun Jackson and his merry band of questionable ilk is PRECISELY what this Bills team needs. I am NOT being sarcastic. Enough with the buddy buddy chum chum pally pal locker room we have now. Give me somebody who'd rather smack a dood than be embarrassed like we were after the first Jets outing.

Love the dude's attitude, and he's a play maker, pure and simple.

I wouldn't mind one BIT if he came to Buffalo.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I heard on the radio this morning, if he was still holding out the team would understand he was taking care of business even though it hurts the team. If you come into work, you better come into work, that is why he sits alone on the bench like he has a virus or something, because he has lost the support of his teammates. Once you come into work, you have to give it all you have or don't come into work. Deal with your contract off the field.

He literally couldn't hold out and the Eagles KNEW that when they decided to **** him. He is broke and he needs to vest his benefits anyway this is 4th year. There is no logical other way to look at it if you know a little about the league. This was the biggest FU a team can do to a player.

Edited by dayman

Yes. The Fred Jackson comparison is not a good one.

Off the top of my head, it would be a lot closer to compare DeSean's situation with Chris Johnson's.

Pros and cons, THAT becomes an interesting conversation.

elaboration: Two skill position guys who are small for their positions who may have shorter careers and are at the end of their rookie contracts.

The only point I was proving in the comparison what that Fred keeps his issues with the contract off the field, Desean doesn't, he takes it on the field with him which is unprofessional. Just figured I would use Fred for obvious reasons here.

Marshawn Lynch?

Actually it is Jason Peters.

The only point I was proving in the comparison what that Fred keeps his issues with the contract off the field, Desean doesn't, he takes it on the field with him which is unprofessional. Just figured I would use Fred for obvious reasons here.

Actually it is Jason Peters.

Like I said he had no choice but to take the field.

Tough call only from the standpoint that his skill set is EXACTLY what this team needs. That said, I'm not one for spending big $$$ on free agents overall (I can't remember a time when a team has done so and won much over the long haul), let alone on an apparent malcontent.

I think I'd have to pass.

We would be awesome w/ DeSean IMO. I give him a complete pass for this year the Eagles screw him hard. The only thing that would give me pause is thinking about if Fitz could hit him deep (and I mean DEEP).

Why do you give him a complete pass? He's unhappy about his contract so it's ok to give up and not play? Would you be saying the same thing about Fred Jackson if he did the same?

Like I said he had no choice but to take the field.

I understand that, but he isn't getting paid anymore by slacking it on the field is he? He owes it to his teammates to give it 100% and in the long run, the way he is acting this year is going to affect any free agent contract another team might give him.

He literally couldn't hold out and the Eagles KNEW that when they decided to **** him. He is broke and he needs to vest his benefits anyway this is 4th year. There is no logical other way to look at it if you know a little about the league. This was the biggest FU a team can do to a player.

Damn eagles, spending all his money so he gets stuck in a bad spot.

I understand that, but he isn't getting paid anymore by slacking it on the field is he? He owes it to his teammates to give it 100% and in the long run, the way he is acting this year is going to affect any free agent contract another team might give him.

Every play he quits on will cost him dollars and he will find himself underpaid (in his mind) again because of it, I'm sure.

Edited by NoSaint

I understand that situation, but he makes as much as just about any other player on their rookie contract that was drafted around where he was, and I don't see all of them being broke and not giving his all on the field because of it. Anyone on an NFL contract doesn't qualify for food stamps, so how is it the Eagles fault that he is broke? The bottom line is, he needs money, wants money and didn't like it that the Eagles gave so much to players from outside bringing them in and he didn't get what he wanted. Not sure how this is a FU to a player, who even if they Eagles were considering an in-season contract, I am sure his behavior has given them second thoughts. He probably already had one strike against him, as I believe Rosenhaus is his agent, and the Eagles and him don't have a good history with the whole T.O. issue in the past.

You're absolving DeSean of his own role in this mess… the fact that he was stupidly spending money so that he had to take loans from Rosenhaus… the fact DeSean backed himself into a corner.

You want to point out that the Eagles had him leveraged and according to you, screwed him.

But DeSean assumed the position and he has to accept some responsibility in this matter.

Alluding to Chris Johnson earlier, at least CJ had his act together enough not to blow his money so he could endure a holdout.

Tangenting a bit, there are some who would say honoring your contract in the form of showing up for work is more honorable than holding out. I'm not judging that one way or the other but I am saying, you're giving DeSean too much slack on this.

He's at least partially to blame for his own predicament.

I understand that situation, but he makes as much as just about any other player on their rookie contract that was drafted around where he was, and I don't see all of them being broke and not giving his all on the field because of it. Anyone on an NFL contract doesn't qualify for food stamps, so how is it the Eagles fault that he is broke? The bottom line is, he needs money, wants money and didn't like it that the Eagles gave so much to players from outside bringing them in and he didn't get what he wanted. Not sure how this is a FU to a player, who even if they Eagles were considering an in-season contract, I am sure his behavior has given them second thoughts. He probably already had one strike against him, as I believe Rosenhaus is his agent, and the Eagles and him don't have a good history with the whole T.O. issue in the past.

The Eagles were never going to extend him this season that much was clear. I understand that no matter what he did take home about 1.5M over the last 3 years, and that many people don't like it when they think a player mails it in on the field. I can't sit here and COMPLETELY defend everything the guy does but I think I've made my point pretty well in this thread. There is no greater contract FU in the history of the league IMO. And as for other rookies drafted in his position, let's face it they aren't 175lbs carrying the team on their back getting multiple concussions. DeSean is a freaking BEAST.

And like the other guys said a few posts up, he is EXACTLY what our offense needs.

The Eagles were never going to extend him this season that much was clear. I understand that no matter what he did take home about 1.5M over the last 3 years, and that many people don't like it when they think a player mails it in on the field. I can't sit here and COMPLETELY defend everything the guy does but I think I've made my point pretty well in this thread. There is no greater contract FU in the history of the league IMO. And as for other rookies drafted in his position, let's face it they aren't 175lbs carrying the team on their back getting multiple concussions. DeSean is a freaking BEAST.

And like the other guys said a few posts up, he is EXACTLY what our offense needs.

Dare I ask- if they were worried about his health, attitude, etc... And didn't want to pay him yet (or possibly at all) what do you feel they owe him in that situation?

Maybe in base salary, signing bonus probably brings it up to more like $3.5M.

Dare I ask- if they were worried about his health, attitude, etc... And didn't want to pay him yet (or possibly at all) what do you feel they owe him in that situation?

Extend him or trade him IMO. I also truly believe that good GMs consider past services of certain guys in certain situations (even though I know you can poke holes in that all you want). Just treat him fair.

Extend him or trade him IMO. I also truly believe that good GMs consider past services of certain guys in certain situations (even though I know you can poke holes in that all you want). Just treat him fair.

Why even have the last year on rookie deals if it's offensive to let someone play on it? I guess I don't see why a player is owed that money if a team wants to let him walk at the end. I get it's bad relationship building and he's unlikely to return but anyone with a half lick of sense plays better in a contract year, not this drama.

DeShawn is an amazing player. When you have Donald Jones and Ruvell Maryin as active WR's, how could you NOT sign him? I would sign him in a heartbeat, though I have a feeling New England brings him in and he plays hard for Brady and Belichick

I didn't realize the options were ruvell or desean. Slim pickings in FA and the draft? Beyond that you have to look at chemistry, health and value. My bet is its likely he's never worth what he gets paid