What Changes Would You Make in 2012?

MacAddict104

This crappy team is not going to make the playoffs, so let's look into next season already because these suck-ers have disappointed us again. Make your predictions on what changes you would like to see or think will happen. Here's mine.

- GEORGE EDWARDS FIRED - This defense sucks. We all know it. Chan will fire his "buddy" if it means saving his own ass. He'll want to get a contract renewal and that means George is done.

- FJ AND SJ WILL BE BACK - Look for Buffalo to sign both Freddie Jackson and Stevie Johnson to new deals.

- BUFFALO WILL MAKE ZERO IMPACT IN FREE AGENCY - Look for Buffalo to fail to address needs in free agency again. Though you can expect them to sign low salary rummies like Erik Pears again.

- DRAFT WILL BE DEFENSIVE - Look for OBD to try to primarily build up a defense in the draft. Aside from a mid round WR, the majority of selections will be defe

nsive players.

- VETERAN DEFENDERS WILL GET CUT - Goodbye to Shawne Merrimen, Terrance McGee, Spencer Johnson and maybe Drayton Florence.

NO HELP AT WR - It's clear that Buffalo needs a big-play WR who can stretch the field. But don't look for OBD to get them one. They'll be content with Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, and Marcus Easley. It's likely we'll get a mid-round receiver

- NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN - This team just doesn't have the commitment to winning. I'm thinking this team will be 6-10 and you yahoos will be saying "we all know they are a year off from competing," LOL

Edited by MacAddict104

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would like to see the bills do is make at least one offensive free agent splash......I really think the WR from the Chargers will be available and it wouldn't shock me if Dwayne Bowe wanted out of the Chiefs.....you bring in just ONE of those guys and this offense just looks a lot different because then you have a guy opposite Stevie who can beat the press coverage and has the sure hands and acrobatic ability to adjust to a poorly thrown ball (every once in a while....Fitz is usually throwing decent balls) so that Stevie can work the underneath. This would make our offense much more explosive....you resign the linemen we have minus Bell (I really dont think Gailey likes him)......give Freddie his extension.

The draft should be spent entirely on defense and it should be spent heavily on linebackers.....aside from our ILB's they are PUTRID.......I like our safeties and Searcy is a real keeper.

I would draft at least 3 linebackers in this draft.....we also need another big physical corner...Williams looks like a keeper.....and our smallish corner that we drafted looks like he could be a really good slot guy. Florence would look better if we had a pass rush.......

Its all about the pass rush....if it were consistant this team wouldn't be losing.

rquote name='John from Hemet' timestamp='1322521503' post='2323183']

What I would like to see the bills do is make at least one offensive free agent splash......I really think the WR from the Chargers will be available and it wouldn't shock me if Dwayne Bowe wanted out of the Chiefs.....you bring in just ONE of those guys and this offense just looks a lot different because then you have a guy opposite Stevie who can beat the press coverage and has the sure hands and acrobatic ability to adjust to a poorly thrown ball (every once in a while....Fitz is usually throwing decent balls) so that Stevie can work the underneath. This would make our offense much more explosive....you resign the linemen we have minus Bell (I really dont think Gailey likes him)......give Freddie his extension.

The draft should be spent entirely on defense and it should be spent heavily on linebackers.....aside from our ILB's they are PUTRID.......I like our safeties and Searcy is a real keeper.

I would draft at least 3 linebackers in this draft.....we also need another big physical corner...Williams looks like a keeper.....and our smallish corner that we drafted looks like he could be a really good slot guy. Florence would look better if we had a pass rush.......

Its all about the pass rush....if it were consistant this team wouldn't be losing.

I know Buddy said he won't get heavly involved with free agency but I agree that if he could go after a wr or maybe a spencer from dallas. Although not a great pass rusher, he is a rock solid defender against the run. They need 2 starters on the outside. Pass Rush might have to come fromthe draft based on the gree agent list I was looking at .

This crappy team is not going to make the playoffs, so let's look into next season already because these suck-ers have disappointed us again. Make your predictions on what changes you would like to see or think will happen. Here's mine.

- GEORGE EDWARDS FIRED - This defense sucks. We all know it. Chan will fire his "buddy" if it means saving his own ass. He'll want to get a contract renewal and that means George is done.

- FJ AND SJ WILL BE BACK - Look for Buffalo to sign both Freddie Jackson and Stevie Johnson to new deals.

- BUFFALO WILL MAKE ZERO IMPACT IN FREE AGENCY - Look for Buffalo to fail to address needs in free agency again. Though you can expect them to sign low salary rummies like Erik Pears again.

nsive players.

- VETERAN DEFENDERS WILL GET CUT - Goodbye to Shawne Merrimen, Terrance McGee, Spencer Johnson and maybe Drayton Florence.

NO HELP AT WR - It's clear that Buffalo needs a big-play WR who can stretch the field. But don't look for OBD to get them one. They'll be content with Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, and Marcus Easley. It's likely we'll get a mid-round receiver

- NO PLAYOFFS AGAIN - This team just doesn't have the commitment to winning. I'm thinking this team will be 6-10 and you yahoos will be saying "we all know they are a year off from competing," LOL

I see mr happy is back. clueless

Edited by jcbillsfan

You let Bell go and who is your offensive tackle backup? People complain the team has no depth and then everybody wants to cut players who would at the very least constitute quality depth. You go into next season with Hairston and Pears as the tackles? You are counting on getting a backup tackle better than Bell?

I say keep all three and draft another or buy one through free agency.

But I agree that pass rush is need number one.

This crappy team is not going to make the playoffs, so let's look into next season already because these suck-ers have disappointed us again. Make your predictions on what changes you would like to see or think will happen.

What I think likely, or what I'd like to see?

1) Not only Edwards goes, but several of the defensive assistants get the ax in favor of men with serious experience in the NFL. Saunders departs. Talley joins the Bills as the OLB coach. Modkins departs and Chan hires a real offensive coordinator who oversees a lot of the grunt self-scouting, balance work and design of routine plays, leaving Chan to exercise his creativity.

2) We draft top-drawer pass rusher, top-drawer WR, and OL (BPA at these positions when we draft).

3) We pick up a quality WR and another quality LB in FA

Abracadabra. Better coaching, better players, better team.

Do I think it's likely to happen? :unsure: Just sign me....Doubtful

nsive players.

You forgot Donald Jones to be cut.

Defense Defense Defense Defense Sign a backup center Defense Defense Defense Defense Get another wide-out Defense Defense Defense Defense Promote Wanny Defense Defense Defense Pick up a decent backup QB Defense Defense Defense get some O-line help Defense Defense Defense

That pretty much sums it up

We need to fix the defense.

:blink:

Fire Edwards and make a commitment to the front 7 as being a 3-4 or 4-3. Draft to make the front 7 a unit suited to fully run either a 4-3 or 3-4. As far as the offense give Stevie and Freddie new deals. I would also make a big free agency splash on the offensive side of the ball. Go out and get Gaily a weapon to make the offense more dynamic.

The defense needs a coaching overhaul as well as an infusion of talent both via in the draft and in free agency.

1. Fire Edwards and several other D coaches. Replace with somebody young and hungry who will install an attacking defense.

2. Cut Roscoe, Dwan apply savings to FJ.

3. Decide on the 4-3, Dareus and KW are DTs, Kelsay is a 4-3 DE. I dont know how you go 3-4 when your big money guys on D are 2 DTs and and a 4-3 end.

4. I would consider cutting Merriman, but I dont know what we have in him in bonuses already or what the cap hit would be. Heres a Merriman 2012 preview: held out of OTAs, limited in camp, doesnt play 3 preason games, snaps limited then hes a FA, not exactly a building block there.

5. Play guys in their natural position and not try and turn 280-290lb DL into linebackers.

6. Resign any F/A OL we have and continue to develop this unit.

7. Draft in order: OLB, Speed WR, OLB, G/C, OT, DE, TE, WR and do we have a conditional 5th or 6th in 2012 from Seattle from the Marshawn trade?

8. Stay awake at the start of free agency.

9. Replace the scouting department and war room with 5-6 Bills draftniks with 4-5 draft magazines and access to NFL Network.

10. Sign SJ and FJ and I keep McGee for another year.

Edited by billsfan714

You let Bell go and who is your offensive tackle backup? People complain the team has no depth and then everybody wants to cut players who would at the very least constitute quality depth. You go into next season with Hairston and Pears as the tackles? You are counting on getting a backup tackle better than Bell?

I say keep all three and draft another or buy one through free agency.

But I agree that pass rush is need number one.

I didn't say I let Bell go....I said I dont get the sense that Chan likes him.....but who knows his injury might drive his price down?

1. Fire Edwards and several other D coaches. Replace with somebody young and hungry who will install an attacking defense.

2. Cut Roscoe, Dwan apply savings to FJ.

3. Decide on the 4-3, Dareus and KW are DTs, Kelsay is a 4-3 DE. I dont know how you go 3-4 when your big money guys on D are 2 DTs and and a 4-3 end.

4. I would consider cutting Merriman, but I dont know what we have in him in bonuses already or what the cap hit would be. Heres a Merriman 2012 preview: held out of OTAs, limited in camp, doesnt play 3 preason games, snaps limited then hes a FA, not exactly a building block there.

5. Play guys in their natural position and not try and turn 280-290lb DL into linebackers.

6. Resign any F/A OL we have and continue to develop this unit.

7. Draft in order: OLB, Speed WR, OLB, G/C, OT, DE, TE, WR and do we have a conditional 5th or 6th in 2012 from Seattle from the Marshawn trade?

8. Stay awake at the start of free agency.

9. Replace the scouting department and war room with 5-6 Bills draftniks with 4-5 draft magazines and access to NFL Network.

10. Sign SJ and FJ and I keep McGee for another year.

This shows the stupidity of this team and defense, this is almost as bad as ex Bills OC Turk Schonert calling 5-7 step drop deep passing plays with a crap O line and Trent Edwards having a background in a WCO. At least Gailey is smart enough to configure his offensive play calling to suite his QB and offense....unlike the current DC Edwards

Every fan posting in this forum since Aaron Schobel was injured back in 08 has been clamoring and complaining about the lack of Bills pass rush. So in 09 Jauron drafts Maybin, and the Bills pay him to ride the pines because they can't figure out how to utilize him...until they cut him this year. The Jets pick him up and have gotten 5 sacks outta him this season, 2 this past Sunday. The Bills managed to get zero sacks from him his two years as a Bill. Its not just Maybin either, Jabari Greer- Jim Leonhard- John McCargo- Leodis Mckelvin.

Find a top DC who knows wth he is doing, Wade Phillips would have fit the bill perfectly last year but has a bad past history with the owner. If you can't find a top DC to run the 3-4, then find one to run the 4-3 and hire him. A good 4-3 defense can be just as good at stopping the run as a 3-4, just don't draft smaller-quicker penetrating D linemen like Jauron tried to do with his Tampax 2 defense. This franchise has drafted more for the defense over the last ten years and has almost nothing to show for it. There should be no question about the player talent, its all about the coaching, or lack of

Find a pass rusher in this years draft and target him and draft him. If a top DE like Jared Allen becomes available in free agency, then target him and pay him! I would have np with spending the #1 pick on defense if they can get it right this time with an OLB or DE!

Find a top O tackle with that #2 or #3 pick or both and build some quality depth on that line. The bills have needed to shore up that line for two years now. History has proven that building a great line will be the start of a great team.

Find a dc that knows wtf he's doing. Whether he's a 4-3 or 3-4 guy. As long as he's good, our d will be ok. Our talent at DL and Db isn't that bad. We need olbs, be it 4-3 or 3-4 guys. Coaching makes all the difference...as we've seen for the last decade.

This is almost exactly my ideal within the outside chance of happening possibilities. Just draft the hell out of OLBs, resign most guys, add one WR that's a true vertical threat. We would be playoff bound.

Believe what you want, but this team isn't far from being a playoff team. The number one thing the Bills need this off season is for Ralph Wilson's bean counters to step up in the off season and keep the key components of this team together and add a player or two in free agency. That coupled with another defense heavy draft should put the Bills on the road for contending for the AFC East next year.