Plax on Stevie

"I've seen worse and I've heard worse," Burress said. "It doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is that we won the football game and he turned around and dropped three wide open balls to lose the game for his team. If I was a player that's how I would evaluate myself."

And that, fellow sports fans, is the final word. Ouch - and deservedly so.

Karma's a beeoytch, Steve.

"I've seen worse and I've heard worse," Burress said. "It doesn't bother me at all. The result I'm looking at is that we won the football game and he turned around and dropped three wide open balls to lose the game for his team. If I was a player that's how I would evaluate myself."

I understand this is Burress' version of "SCOREBOARD!" but, to be fair, I don't remember three.

Plax is right in this case.

There were at least 3 drops by Johnson, but only 2 I can think of that probably would have changed the outcome of the game.

And acting like an !@#$ is stupid in hindsight and every other sight. Just plain stupid.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Because plax never dropped passes? .... get out of here.... ish happens...and he didn't drop 3 balls....

I'm pretty sure the Giants' fans were sick of him dropping balls the year he shot himself in the leg.

Newsflash Plax, next time, buy a holster and not shoot yourself in the leg like a #@$@$ moron. First time I've ever seen someone get 3 years for being an idiot but I wish they charged more people with that crime.

Sure, Stevie's celebration may not have been smart in hindsight, but real stupidity is shooting yourself in the leg

Honesty he goes after the other team elite wrs .... switch is cool.... 15 year penalties happen all the time.... if rayner kicks the damn ball we aren't even talking about this right now.... and the ball was in his hands...but he didn't have his eyes on the ball .....he was just turning his head around running in full stride as the ball came.... give him 0.1 second more he makes that catch

Honesty he goes after the other team elite wrs .... switch is cool.... 15 year penalties happen all the time.... if rayner kicks the damn ball we aren't even talking about this right now.... and the ball was in his hands...but he didn't have his eyes on the ball .....he was just turning his head around running in full stride as the ball came.... give him 0.1 second more he makes that catch

Ahhhh the age old cry of the Bills fan. Twelve years straight of hearing that starts to make it fall on deaf ears however.

Ahhhh the age old cry of the Bills fan. Twelve years straight of hearing that starts to make it fall on deaf ears however.

nah....just hate bashing people....if I cared about only wins and losses I would have stopped being a bills fan along time ago.....effort and playing with passion ranks high in my book

nah....just hate bashing people....if I cared about only wins and losses I would have stopped being a bills fan along time ago.....effort and playing with passion ranks high in my book

Lack of effort is clearly inexcusable, agree with you there 100%.

Stupidity ranks up there with me as well.

There is more to that quote:

``He's a young player and I like him a lot. I think he's a great young talent and is going to be a great player in this league.''

He forgot the other cliches:

"They are a great team and we just happened to win today"

"He gives 110%"

"We just have to take it one game at a time"

"We came out a little more focused this game knowing there was no tomorrow"

"We have come together as a team"

He forgot the other cliches:

"They are a great team and we just happened to win today"

"He gives 110%"

"We just have to take it one game at a time"

"We came out a little more focused this game knowing there was no tomorrow"

"We have come together as a team"

"It's hard to win in the NFL." :)

Steve dropped one on the first drive and one other but I can't put my finger on exactly when it was now. Pretty much standard operating procedure for him. 3 drops in a game is about right.

I don't understand why so many want to give him a pass when he clearly cost us the game. If Steve's your guy, fine. But be a man and admit he blew it for us just like he did the Stealers game last year.

Once is an abortion. It's now happened twice. A pattern is developing.

As far as the leg shooting thing, it's not like he's ever been flagged for pretending to shoot a gun. He should have learned that lesson last year.

It's all about Stevie.

Plaxico is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL, he was in Pittsburgh, with the Giants and even down here in Virginia Beach at Green Run High School, but I gotta side with him on this one. Stevie is an idiot on his own accord and hopefully he draws a suspension along with a fine as a previous offender. What an ass he has turned out to be.

And more...

Burress tweeted later Sunday night that he had talked to Johnson and added, "Its all love."

If Burress has absolutely no problem with this, why do so many Bills fans??? Get over it already!

Might I add, Burress has no problem with it because they won. If they had lost, he would still be talking about it. So you get over it, and don't worry about whether other people get over it or not.

Edited by billsfreak

Plaxico is one of the biggest idiots in the NFL, he was in Pittsburgh, with the Giants and even down here in Virginia Beach at Green Run High School, but I gotta side with him on this one. Stevie is an idiot on his own accord and hopefully he draws a suspension along with a fine as a previous offender. What an ass he has turned out to be.

Might I add, Burress has no problem with it because they won. If they had lost, he would still be talking about it. So you get over it, and don't worry about whether other people get over it or not.

Yep. And Plax was forgiving in a passive/aggressive fashion that was full of false sincerity.

Look at his comment: “So, it doesn’t bother me at all. The result I’m looking at is and we won the football game and he turned around and dropped three wide-open balls to lose it for his team.

Like billsfreak suggests, it's easy to be (falsely) forgiving when you win.

Big time players make big plays in big games... SJ did't cost the Bills the game as no single play or player wins or loses for a team. However, SJ made serious errors in judgement and failed to deliver when he most needed him to do so.His failing is simply that he is immature and not a leader. At one point this season I was upset that the Bills were not doing morte to sign him. I hope they do but I will also not be sad to see him go if the issue is simply that he wants elite money. He has failed to earn the paycheck that he seeks.

Big time players make big plays in big games... SJ did't cost the Bills the game as no single play or player wins or loses for a team. However, SJ made serious errors in judgement and failed to deliver when he most needed him to do so.His failing is simply that he is immature and not a leader. At one point this season I was upset that the Bills were not doing morte to sign him. I hope they do but I will also not be sad to see him go if the issue is simply that he wants elite money. He has failed to earn the paycheck that he seeks.

Are you in the lockerroom? Because you have no idea if he is a leader or not. When the guy on the Broncos hit Jones in the preseason, who was the main guy going after him?

Most fans have no idea how SJ is viewed in the lockerroom. I have it on good authority that he is one of the most popular guys on that team. If you let SJ go after getting rid of Evans, you will have zero leadership at the receiver position. You also will have zero big time talent as well.

I'm pretty sure the Giants' fans were sick of him dropping balls the year he shot himself in the leg.

I'm pretty sure you know that losing Burress completely handicapped the Giants for that season and thereafter. They haven't been the same since, and are just now starting to climb out of it this year, thanks to Cruz's emergence.

Or if you want to be like "The Covenant" "weeotch" (It's a joke from the movie damn it!)

Are you in the lockerroom? Because you have no idea if he is a leader or not. When the guy on the Broncos hit Jones in the preseason, who was the main guy going after him?

Most fans have no idea how SJ is viewed in the lockerroom. I have it on good authority that he is one of the most popular guys on that team. If you let SJ go after getting rid of Evans, you will have zero leadership at the receiver position. You also will have zero big time talent as well.

In my opinion the Bills already have zero big time talent at that position for reasons cited in numerous threads already.

Not saying to let him go mind you as having him as #2 WR would be a great plus for the team.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Name another WR in the last two years... that has dominated revis like stevie johnson did yesterday and honestly he finished what he started from the last game..... stevie when healthy is a top 10 wr that demand double teams.....

Hell .... even with the dropped pass...he beat revis to get wide open with a double move...and then he beat a double team to get wide open again but the ball was thrown behind him......

Say what you want..... that's skill,talent and natural ability...all the stuff y'all trippin about comes with time

Name another WR in the last two years... that has dominated revis like stevie johnson did yesterday and honestly he finished what he started from the last game..... stevie when healthy is a top 10 wr that demand double teams.....

Hell .... even with the dropped pass...he beat revis to get wide open with a double move...and then he beat a double team to get wide open again but the ball was thrown behind him......

Say what you want..... that's skill,talent and natural ability...all the stuff y'all trippin about comes with time

Doesn't matter, Ralph is cheap and other teams have deeper pockets. For all of your defense of Stevie, you're going to hate him next year when he's playing for another team

That's like being satisfied with just smelling the pumpkin pie, and not actually getting to eat a piece.

I love Stevie, and as long as he continues to wear a Bills uniform, I will root for him and support him. But, he screwed up big-time yesterday...twice. Just call a spade a spade and admit it. Accept it. I mean, this admission of "Oh, well, he abused Revis all day and he was wide open on that play because of an awesome double move" is absurd acceptance of the mediocre. The good, but just not good enough. That's what us fans are sick of (many of us, anyhow) after....hell, after a lot of years. Good, but just not good enough when it counts.

Cheer on Stevie and pat him on the back when he does well. But, also call it like it is when he doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you know that losing Burress completely handicapped the Giants for that season and thereafter. They haven't been the same since, and are just now starting to climb out of it this year, thanks to Cruz's emergence.

Except that is factually false and the Giants offense was no worse thereafter, as football outsiders has documented ad nauseum.

I know he dropped one on the first drive and am pretty sure another later on. And then of course The Drop II.

No, he didn't drop two others. That is false. Nelson dropped one that he should have caught, but not Johnson.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/11/27/4554/index.html#playbyplay

On the first drive, the ball thrown to Johnson was knocked away by Revis. It was not a drop. On the Bills' second last drive, he did catch a deep throw out of bounds (in spectacular fashion, actually) against Revis despite perfect coverage and the fact that Revis tipped the ball as it arrived.

It's all for naught if you don't catch the freakin' football when it hits you in the hands in full stride. You don't get any points for being open.

No, he didn't drop two others. That is false. Nelson dropped one that he should have caught, but not Johnson.

I guess it depends on what the definiton of the word "drop" is. They looked like drops to me. If nothing else, they were catches a starting WR in the NFL on a team in the playoff hunt needs to make, including the one in the EZ on 2nd down.

Edited by reddogblitz