Twitner

NewEra

Couldn't tackle whimpy Lee Evans on 3rd and 6, extended the drive, which culminated in a 3rd down td pass to Dennis Pitta...who was covered by guess who. Gave the ravens the lead by 7 which was eventually extended to 10. Had twitner tackled lee short of the first, the niners still had a chance. Good to see he lost BOTH games fornthe niners this season. Who can forget him getting burned by Jesse holly (who?) earlier in the year. He's been very solid vs the run this year, as he usually is. Just a mess in coverage.

Well, since SF is 9-2 and their defense is in the top 10 in the NFL in pass defense and total defense, I doubt that Whitner has been "a mess" in coverage.

Dude, we went to four Super Bowls with a less imposing version of Dark Helmet at free safety.

The whole problem with the bills though is they are very hesitant to give guys that 2nd contract. They are constantly letting their drafted players go after their 1st contract runsd out & the problem with this is we are always trying to replace the guys with the draft. They are never going to be able to build depth with this approach. I mean look at the rb situation. We trade mcdipsh*t & we use our 1st to try to replace him with Lynch. We trade lynch & we use another 1st to try to replace him with Spiller. We let Winfield walk & try to replace him with Clements, we let Clements walk & we try to replace him with the other mcdipshit. This line of thinking if you break it down, is crazy. They are never going to win with this approach. Whitner was not the best & had his shortcoming, but he was a legit NFL safety & he could of at least been brought back to add depth. They are never going to win with an approach like this. Injuries are inevitable in the NFL, you need guys that could at least step in & contribute.

Couldn't tackle whimpy Lee Evans on 3rd and 6, extended the drive, which culminated in a 3rd down td pass to Dennis Pitta...who was covered by guess who. Gave the ravens the lead by 7 which was eventually extended to 10. Had twitner tackled lee short of the first, the niners still had a chance. Good to see he lost BOTH games fornthe niners this season. Who can forget him getting burned by Jesse holly (who?) earlier in the year. He's been very solid vs the run this year, as he usually is. Just a mess in coverage.

Your obsession with this guy Twitner is not healthy.

The whole problem with the bills though is they are very hesitant to give guys that 2nd contract. They are constantly letting their drafted players go after their 1st contract runsd out & the problem with this is we are always trying to replace the guys with the draft. They are never going to be able to build depth with this approach. I mean look at the rb situation. We trade mcdipsh*t & we use our 1st to try to replace him with Lynch. We trade lynch & we use another 1st to try to replace him with Spiller. We let Winfield walk & try to replace him with Clements, we let Clements walk & we try to replace him with the other mcdipshit. This line of thinking if you break it down, is crazy. They are never going to win with this approach. Whitner was not the best & had his shortcoming, but he was a legit NFL safety & he could of at least been brought back to add depth. They are never going to win with an approach like this. Injuries are inevitable in the NFL, you need guys that could at least step in & contribute.

IIRC, Whitner was offered a contract before he hit FA, and Whitner declined it. Whitner even tweeted about it, essentially calling the offer an insult. Donte thought he was going to be in high demand and was going to get a huge contract in the open market.

The Bills pulled their offer, and Donte learned the hard way just how "valuable" he was.

what a duche

Not Donte.. but the person who started this thread. Twitner? Really?

More like Tweetner.

Still worth noting that Mike Mayock -- arguably the most qualified analyst on player evaluation -- seemed to go out of his way to call out Whitner's bad play on two distinct occasions

But didn't Maycock also predict that the Bills would draft Whitner and at that time say it was a solid pick?

Edited by Bob in STL

He made a great tackle for a loss on a 3rd and short and has played very well this year. He is a good player that will play in this league for 10 years. I would rather have that than a lot of draft picks we have had. That being said, he waaaay overestimated his value and paid dearly in millions and millions of dollars less than the offer the Bills made to him. He could be making 3M a year more for the next 4 years than what he is making now. So he and his agent are idiots for turning the offer down form the Bills.

The irony is that for all the criticism for 2 years of Levy/Jauron has taken on this board the players they brought in seem to be making a lot of plays in the NFL still (Kyle Williams, D Whitner, Poz, Fred Jackson, George Wilson, Fitzpatrick)-->all productive players in the NFL with FJ a legit NFL MVP candidate for the first half of the year.

Whitner looked pretty good against the Giants a few weeks back.

Heck he looked pretty good at times with us & even led the team in tackles last year but thats not a good thing because he made the tackle 8 & 10 yards down field . Along with being inconsistent . He is a decent player . But he's no Ed Reed !!

Plus there was no drop off by putting G.W. in his place i think he is more stout !!!

I was a donte fan, but got fed up with his obsession with the social networks. I've always contested that he was a good player and we should resign him, but his lapses in coverage as well as always trying to make the "big hit" were holding him back, as well as our defense. Well, he's gone and our defense is as bad as ever, meanwhile he's on one of the best d's in the league. His team has lost two games....both losses were directly influenced by his "lapses" in critical times. My best friend is a niner fan, so I watch every niner game (as long as they don't play at the same time as the bills). My buddy raves about donte and laughs at my defense (as he should). So, while he might be "gone" from your "football life", he's remains a part of mine, just as Jonas Jennings and Nate Clements did (luckily for me, i got the last laugh in those cases). I know some people here like to talk about how ex bills are doing with their new teams, so that's why I made the post. Sorry if some of you don't like it. He was the major culprit in both his teams losses this year. Just saying.

IIRC, Whitner was offered a contract before he hit FA, and Whitner declined it. Whitner even tweeted about it, essentially calling the offer an insult. Donte thought he was going to be in high demand and was going to get a huge contract in the open market.

The Bills pulled their offer, and Donte learned the hard way just how "valuable" he was.

He got in a bidding war between Cincy and SF. These are the two most improved teams in the NFL this year meaning they know how to turn things around and guys like Whitner are what they saw they needed most.

We let Whitner walk and his team is awesome.....we sign Williams and he immediately gets "injured". And I bet 9 out of 10 posters on this sight would still pick Williams over Donte. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

He got in a bidding war between Cincy and SF. These are the two most improved teams in the NFL this year meaning they know how to turn things around and guys like Whitner are what they saw they needed most.

We let Whitner walk and his team is awesome.....we sign Williams and he immediately gets "injured". And I bet 9 out of 10 posters on this sight would still pick Williams over Donte. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yep because Dante was such a locker room leader whiffing on tackles

The Biggest problem is that BIlls hire some no-name dude to be their Coordinators..Jerry Gray, Perry Fewell, Edwards...all those guys have been pretty pathetic in getting a defense going. Every NFL team is not made of super stars at all places. You have to get your players to be super stars. You can't just expect your #1 pick to come and be a super star. We need to hire a good 3-4 DC who knows how to run a 3-4 and stop the run.