Von Miller

NewEra

. No. I'm saying "I told you so" to all the people that said Von Miller was too small and too weak to be a game changer in the NFL. " just look at the tape of the Nebraska TE dominating him". Just look at him now. Superstar.

The funny thing is Miller got two sacks in that game and was a constant threat to the Nebraska QB buzzing around him.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />The funny thing is Miller got two sacks in that game and was a constant threat to the Nebraska QB buzzing around him.<br />
. I know, " but look at the tape, it's obvious that he's not big enough or strong enough to excel in the NFL".

End sarcasm.

Well it looks like all the controversy about Cam Newton and Von Miller being drafted by the Bills would have been unfounded. Why is it that the Bills just miss out on HOF caliber players? Makes me think of when Patrick Willis just came of the board and the Bills went to plan B in Marshawn Lynch. :cry:

Marv Levy was quoted saying even if Willis was available he wasn't going to take him...

<br />One he was picked ahead of us so its not like we could have had him. Two I love Dareus. Its kind of like arguing you wanted a Porsche instead of an Aston Martin.<br />
. One, I could careless if he was taken ahead of him. Two, I just wanna hear from some of the "size nazis" that were praying we wouldnt draft him cuz he was too small. It was a heated debate on here for quite some time. Fun debates.

Where are the guys that were saying Von Miller is too small and weak to be effective in the NFL? So many people ranting: "he gets manhandled by college TEs, the NFL tackles will eat him alive". well, you're wrong. I love Dareus. I'm glad we have him. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I'd rather have Miller. Having a PREMIER pass rusher is so important in today's game and Miller IS a premier pass rusher. Dareus will be a dominant player for years to come and will hopefully anchor our defense for his entire career, but until we get premier pass rusher, our defense will continue to struggle (even after Edwards is axed). This isn't an anti Dareus post, he's the best player on our roster (fred ex may have something to say about that), but a hail Von Miller post. The guy is an absolute monster. 9 tackles 1 sack (maybe 1.5) a FF. The sack pretty much ended the game. 9 or 10 sacks on the season, only 2 games in which he hasn't gotten to the qb. He's not a Bill, but I'm a fan. Lets hope he doesn't end fitz in a couple weeks.

Don't worry we will draft on this year and then we will the best DE and OLB in the league, perhaps Courtney Upshaw or Whitney Mercilus.

The question is will people take something from their "knowledge" gained with respect to future drafts.

Not to thread jack, but the volume of "Cam Newton is Jamarcus Russell - redux" threads was over-whelming. He has been anything but; and though a few have owned up to their mistakes, the prominent "Jamarcus Russell redux" voices have been conspicuously quiet. Hmmmm.....

By the way, this is the opening salvo in my dedicated push for the Bills to draft Robert Griffin III! I imagine that if I mention his name enough, there will be a natural acceptance/acclimation process. I figure that some people here have to get used to the idea of a black QB in advance. :P

Edited by Juror#8

I think it's easier to get a Pass Rusher than a big DT as dominating as Dareus. Now that we have fortified our front guys we can now continue to draft /sign p layers that will make us stronger.

With that said, I'm sure Moates can become a phenom if the right defensive coaches are around him.

Here's to Edwards has got to go campaign!

Where are the guys that were saying Von Miller is too small and weak to be effective in the NFL? So many people ranting: "he gets manhandled by college TEs, the NFL tackles will eat him alive". well, you're wrong.

I was one of those guys, but in my defense, he was getting manhandled by college TEs lol. He beasted on that poor RT last night, very impressive.

That last sack by Miller, all I can say is wow :thumbsup:

Yeah...reminded me of a guy named Bruce. Not comparing the two, just on that play....bull rush, pushed the blocker out of the way with one hand and smacked Dirty right in themouth! I let a big "YES!!" out and woke up my daughter!

Where are the guys that were saying Von Miller is too small and weak to be effective in the NFL? So many people ranting: "he gets manhandled by college TEs, the NFL tackles will eat him alive". well, you're wrong. I love Dareus. I'm glad we have him. I'm gonna get crucified for this, but I'd rather have Miller. Having a PREMIER pass rusher is so important in today's game and Miller IS a premier pass rusher. Dareus will be a dominant player for years to come and will hopefully anchor our defense for his entire career, but until we get premier pass rusher, our defense will continue to struggle (even after Edwards is axed). This isn't an anti Dareus post, he's the best player on our roster (fred ex may have something to say about that), but a hail Von Miller post. The guy is an absolute monster. 9 tackles 1 sack (maybe 1.5) a FF. The sack pretty much ended the game. 9 or 10 sacks on the season, only 2 games in which he hasn't gotten to the qb. He's not a Bill, but I'm a fan. Lets hope he doesn't end fitz in a couple weeks.

These posts don't make any sense. What would you have the people that said Miller was too small do? Each one of them create a stupid post like this one saying "oh my god I'm so sorry for saying Miller was too small, here I am, I'm not hiding now that he's a "premier pass rusher", punish me as you see fit". Secondly who gives a crap, he was drafted before our pick, what would it matter if no one said he was too small?

Edited by Triple Threat