CJ Spiller Is going to be a weapon

EldaBillsFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 2nd half of the season...and I believe Chan knows he has to get the ball in his hands atleast 10 times a game.... btw: his maturity has been awesome.....

I think I read this thread already except it was 4 years ago and it was about James Hardly.

With Spiller if he was put to good use in this offense it could give the Bills another gear & i would think that Gailey would recognize that or at least i would hope he would ??

I know Fred is AWESOME !! And deserves as many touches as we can give him because of his out put but Fred is like the old guy bringing out the Vette because of his old school mentality (plus it's a sweet ride) & leaving brand new Porsche sitting in the garage & only taking it out to go to the grocery store !! :doh:

Edited by T master

I believe Spiller has averaged a very respectable y.p.c. Sure, if he were given a game against a normal type defense - he might not get 5 yards every run, he might get like 3.5, or 4, but, I believe, if he were given a game as the premier runner, he'd end up breaking one or two long runs that would give him similar yards as Freddy has.

We can't judge him on what he hasn't had a chance to do yet. I still think if he were our lead back he'd be having a good year and we'd all be satisfied with his production. He is in no way a bust, yet. He is an unknown, but he might be excellent still.

Spiller...to this point is ANOTHER wasted pick for Buffalo. If Fred Jackson goes down, it's over for us. Buffalo better be looking ahead and I'm assuming they will be drafting another RB in the draft next year.

Wow. Are you serious? So C.J. Spiller and Johnny White have both proven to you that they are not NFL caliber RB's? You must be way more insightful than the rest of us, because I haven't seen enough of Spiller to declare anything yet. In fact, the times he's gotten the ball this year, he's looked pretty damn good. I agree with the OP that they have to find a way to get Spiller the ball in space beginning tomorrow. And again, wow. I mean wow. If you have RB anywhere near the top of the Bills' needs going into next year's draft, I have to question if you even follow this football team at all.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I believe Spiller has averaged a very respectable y.p.c. Sure, if he were given a game against a normal type defense - he might not get 5 yards every run, he might get like 3.5, or 4, but, I believe, if he were given a game as the premier runner, he'd end up breaking one or two long runs that would give him similar yards as Freddy has.

We can't judge him on what he hasn't had a chance to do yet. I still think if he were our lead back he'd be having a good year and we'd all be satisfied with his production. He is in no way a bust, yet. He is an unknown, but he might be excellent still.

Excellent point! He's still tryin' to find his niche, learning what are his bread and butter plays will take time, Chan would not have picked C.J. if he didn't have a long range plan in mind. For one thing, look at the example being set for him by Fred, wow! Learning under someone performing at that level can be incrediblee! Also, this offense is a work in process, growing and expanding every week based on what defenses are showing them, and once the coaching staff has seen all the ways defenses can stop them, the creative juices will get them focused on innovative tactical concepts to attack any style of defense. Let's hope this week is the start of something Amazing! Go Bills!!!

In the 2nd half of the season...and I believe Chan knows he has to get the ball in his hands atleast 10 times a game.... btw: his maturity has been awesome.....

If spillers can watch jacksons and be half the running back jacksons is he will be in the same company as thurman thomass o. j simpsons and cookie gilchrists :devil:

CJ has 30 touches in 8 games. Chan's just not that into him

And he has just 9 touches in the past 3 games, 7 of which are receptions. Spiller is quickly becoming another in a long line of busted or underachieving first round picks. For all the talk about Nix knowing personnel, his first pick at Bills GM says otherwise so far.

I haven't seen enough of Spiller to declare anything yet.

Chan apparently has seen enough.

Chan would not have picked C.J. if he didn't have a long range plan in mind.

Who picks a RB in the top 10 with a "long range plan in mind"?? A top 10 RB is a starter immediately.

Wow. Are you serious? So C.J. Spiller and Johnny White have both proven to you that they are not NFL caliber RB's? You must be way more insightful than the rest of us, because I haven't seen enough of Spiller to declare anything yet. In fact, the times he's gotten the ball this year, he's looked pretty damn good. I agree with the OP that they have to find a way to get Spiller the ball in space beginning tomorrow. And again, wow. I mean wow. If you have RB anywhere near the top of the Bills' needs going into next year's draft, I have to question if you even follow this football team at all.

Spiller looks like a boy among men out their on the field. I haven't seen him make the first man miss yet. He always gets tackled by the first guy that touches him. I thought Spiller was supposed to be a dynamic type of RB? He looks very average to me when he touches the ball. Nothing special at all.

Im waiting for his break out game just like everyone else.

Edited by Frez

CJ has 30 touches in 8 games. Chan's just not that into him

:devil:

It seems like that doesn't it? And I don't get it. You spend the #9 overall on him and he's averaging 6.6 per carry. I understand no putting him on 3rd down because of blitz protection. But I don't want FJax to wear down. If Chan can find ways to get players like Nelson, Roosevelt, and Chandler in the open field, why doesn't he do it for arguably our most talented offensive player?

It seems like that doesn't it? And I don't get it. You spend the #9 overall on him and he's averaging 6.6 per carry. I understand no putting him on 3rd down because of blitz protection. But I don't want FJax to wear down. If Chan can find ways to get players like Nelson, Roosevelt, and Chandler in the open field, why doesn't he do it for arguably our most talented offensive player?

Hard to argue he's our most talented offensive player. His talents are not apparent in a season and a half--not even to his coach.

It's so hard to watch Spiller's youtube videos and not think of why they can't give Spiller a chance and give him at least 10 touches. Why does the rookie Demarco Murray look awesome and Spiller (a year and a half in) look useless?

I saw one Clemson play on youtube that would be awesome, have Jackson line up at RB with Spiller as the slot, hand it off to Spiller on a reverse with Jackson as the lead blocker.

CJ Spiller's non impact on this team is just outrageous. Why is he not returning kickoffs? Dallas has a new (maybe weaker?) kicker and Spiller should be returning kickoffs today, right????

This kind of has the feel just like Gailey's blunder with starting Trent over Fitzpatrick. Or even his mishandling of Aaron Maybin.