Fitz has agreed to 6yr 59Mill Contract

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/47333/new-qb-deal-helps-jason-campbell

So, expect Campbell to be happy to see Fitzgerald sign, opening the way for Campbell to go elsewhere.

Awesome.

Fitz just texted all of his stockbroker schoolmates en masse with the phrase: "suck it, bitches!"

Right, because he's finally making 1/10th of what they're making.

i don't like it. he's a mediocre qb. a 3 year 30 million would be best but we still need to look a qbs to find our true franchise quarterback that being said its good to see them actually signing people before they hit f.a

I don't like it either. Maybe 4 years max.

Actually, I expect teams to start taking away the short stuff and making him prove he can throw deep, which he hasn't consistently to this point. He doesn't have the arm. He has to put his whole body into his throws.

I guess we have to recognize that only $24 Mil (only?) are guaranteed. If he flames, they aren't liable for the full $60 Mil.

Don't think I said all (edit - I see the post I referred to does.) The idea that he's doing better financially than the majority of his classmates just seems a bit off to me.

Just all of Fitz's classmates than? You didn't exclude any. :devil:

Just messing with you. If I had to bet, I would be surprised if more than one of Fitz's stockbroker classmates makes over $100 million a year. Are very likely none of them will pull in 330 million in the next three years.

Right, because he's finally making 1/10th of what they're making.

a) It's a joke.

b) If you think the average Harvard grad is making $100M/year you're smoking some good schitt.

c) If you think the average Harvard grad is making $10M/year you're still smoking some good schitt.

Edited by eball

Just all of Fitz's classmates than? You didn't exclude any. :devil:

Just messing with you. If I had to bet, I would be surprised if more than one of Fitz's stockbroker classmates makes over $100 million a year. Are very likely none of them will pull in 330 million in the next three years.

I guess the key word is stockbroker. Stockbrokers don't make that kind of money. Hedge Fund managers certainly do. Mark Zuckerberg probably spent 100 million this morning on coffee and cigarettes.

a) It's a joke.

b) If you think the average Harvard grad is making $100M/year you're smoking some good schitt.

c) If you think the average Harvard grad is making $10M/year you're still smoking some good schitt.

Oh, I get jokes.

Edited by Captain Caveman

I guess the key word is stockbroker. Stockbrokers don't make that kind of money. Hedge Fund managers certainly do.

So how many of Fitz's classmates are 28 year old Hedge Fund managers making 100+ mil a year?

I realize we're all just kidding around... but I imagine a decent amount of his Harvard classmates were making 3 million a year at 28 like he was. I doubt many of them, percentage wise, are making over 10 million a year already. Maybe none of them, or lets say 1-2, are over 100 mil.

Why do people keep spewing this crap? It is such BS. When have the Bills not given out money? They do all the time. It can be argued that they make terrible decisions about who to give the money to but it is complete garbage to imply they are cheap.

But I forgot. 92 year old Ralph Wilson's secret plan to rake in every penny he can is to leave his team in the booming economy of WNY. Buffalo = mega bucks!!!

Spewing what crap? Do not be so ignorant as to throw me in with the "Ralph is cheap" shills, that's just as bad as they are. Ralph spent the money to keep our superbowl teams together, he spent money on Dockery, Walker during the Marv return, he spent money on Kelsay, Evans as of recently so I know he's willing to spend money, even if it's ill advised. He also is very generous with his charitable contributions.

You want to know one person they didn't spend money on? Jason Peters. What about Pat Williams?

I think Ralph is an old-school conservative businessman and I respect him for it. He most certainly has bean counters trying to minimize costs (including contract costs) and maximize return on his investment and in this economy with the buffalo market I don't blame him one bit for doing it. To me he's willing to spend money, but he's less willing to do it if Littman or any other bean counter is adamantly telling Ralph the player isn't worth it, can't afford it, etc.

Right now, I think we've got a good coach and a good core of young players coming together. Management/Ralph needed to send a message and commit some money to these guys. The first thing we hear is that they put off Stevie Johnson's talks for Fitz.

Now today we see the first true sign that management is serious about keeping this team together moving forward. It's a big positive for me, and that's all my post was referring to.

Don't think I said all (edit - I see the post I referred to does.) The idea that he's doing better financially than the majority of his classmates just seems a bit off to me.

Did you go to Missouri?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5275585_stockbroker-salary.html

According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut, is the top-paying metropolitan area for a stock broker. A top paid stockbroker located in this area can expect to make an average yearly salary of $162,000 or $77.89 an hour. Other top paying metropolitan areas include San Francisco-San Mateo-Redwood City; California Metropolitan Division; College Station-Bryan, Texas; Hartford-West Hartford-East Hartford, Connecticut and Memphis; Tennessee-Mississippi-Arkansas. The average yearly salary within these areas is $125,680 to $135,170.

Let's say Fitz's Harvard classmates make 10 times what the Bureau of Labor Statistics says a top paid stockbroker makes in Stamford, CT, just because they have a Harvard undergrad degree, which is a wildly optimistic assumption for someone Fitz's age. At $1.62 million per year, that's still a lot less than Fitz will be making.

Did you go to Missouri?

http://www.ehow.com/about_5275585_stockbroker-salary.html

Let's say Fitz's Harvard classmates make 10 times what the Bureau of Labor Statistics says a top paid stockbroker makes in Stamford, CT, just because they have a Harvard undergrad degree, which is a wildly optimistic assumption for someone Fitz's age. At $1.62 million per year, that's still a lot less than Fitz will be making.

Shouldn't you be preparing a diatribe on Ralph's secret Toronto contract?

I hated this guy when he was with the Bengals. Truth is, he just needed time to development. The Bengals were a crappy team that he couldn't shine with in 2008. I remember when Fitz was quoted as saying that he wanted to be a starting QB in the league and I rolled my eyes. He has proved me wrong. Good for him.

The guaranteed money places this between Kevin Kolb ($21.5M) and Matt Cassel ($28.5M). Anyone complaining that we overpaid, is essentially saying that we should have let him hit free agency and tried again with a draft pick; or waited until the end of the season and taken the chance that he actually diminishes his value by poor play (otherwise in a bidding war we would have to pay more). There are no superior QBs expected to be available in free agency or by trade so what was the other option? Someone mentioned a 3yr, $30M deal... do you think he would have taken that with less than $24M guaranteed?

The guaranteed money places this between Kevin Kolb ($21.5M) and Matt Cassel ($28.5M). Anyone complaining that we overpaid, is essentially saying that we should have let him hit free agency and tried again with a draft pick; or waited until the end of the season and taken the chance that he actually diminishes his value by poor play (otherwise in a bidding war we would have to pay more). There are no superior QBs expected to be available in free agency or by trade so what was the other option? Someone mentioned a 3yr, $30M deal... do you think he would have taken that with less than $24M guaranteed?

It is a 3 year deal essentially. He is getting 33 million over the first 3 years. I am willing to bet that most of the guarnteed money will be in those first 3 years. At year 4 if Fitzpatrick isn't the guy he can be cut and not have the pay the 27 million after that.

It's a good deal. Anyone who doesn't like it want the bills to lose and get Luck. Anyone who thinks like that should just find a new team.

It's a lot of money. I actually thought Stevie Johnson should've been the first priority of the three. It's becoming clear that Gaiey is a genius and can make any QB look good. I love Fitzpatrick as a leader, but for those of you keeping track at home, he's now had three pretty mediocre/pedestrian games in a row (#'s in Philly game are misleading, he wasn't taking any chances).

Oh boy.

Last 19 games: 4,477yds; 35td's; 21 int. Woot!

I hated this guy when he was with the Bengals. Truth is, he just needed time to development. The Bengals were a crappy team that he couldn't shine with in 2008. I remember when Fitz was quoted as saying that he wanted to be a starting QB in the league and I rolled my eyes. He has proved me wrong. Good for him.

LOL! Hate Brady, Sanchez, Manning, Rivers, Big Ben = Logical...but hate Fitzpatrick when he played for the Bengals??? :blink: