ESPN Playoff Predictor

We're going 8-2 the rest of the way?

With this defense?

I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

I am more worried about the injuries than the defense. They are starting to pile up. Andy is going to left tackle, Kyle Williams is out and may be out longer than expected.

We are literally running out of receivers. Every team in the league is dealing with injuries but we are so lacking in depth that its going to cost us more heavily

than other teams.

I will agree with you if we beat the Redskins without controversy. :)

I hope we don't draw Gene Catchatori's crew this week. The referees have been hit or miss this year. So random wether you get a good crew or not. 11 on 11 or 11 on 16.

Wait--where are all of the "ESPN sucks" and "I never watch ESPN because they only talk about the Cowboys, pats, Steelers,etc" and "ESPN doesn't know anything about the Bills" posts?

This is a pointless post, why would anyone complain when we finally do get coverage?

That said, ESPN does suck, along with the NFL and NHL referees this year.

Wait--where are all of the "ESPN sucks" and "I never watch ESPN because they only talk about the Cowboys, pats, Steelers,etc" and "ESPN doesn't know anything about the Bills" posts?

ESPN does suck but it is a monopoly. And anyone who is getting their football knowledge from ESPN is clueless to begin with.

ESPN has introduced a 2012 NFL Playoff Predictor:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor?addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

It has the Bills as a #5 seed at 12-4 with a 62.9 % chance of making the playoffs.

The rest of the AFC goes like this:

#1 Patriots 14-2 with 90.6% chance

#2 Texans 12-4 with 72.6% chance

#3 Ravens 12-4 with 85.6% chance

#4 Chargers 8-8 with 55.3% chance

#6 Steelers 11-5 with 59.8% chance

If that scenario held up the Bills would travel to San Diego in the Wildcard Round. I'd signup for this scenario right now!!!

Go Bills!!!

Can't beat going to an 8-8 team but were going to be 14-2 in the #1 spot so we wont have to worry about it.

Updated Today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7176905/kansas-city-chiefs-make-playoffs-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

#1 Patriots 12-4 with 90.8% chance

#2 Steelers 11-5 with 76.7% chance

#3 Texans 10-6 with 82.3% chance

#4 Chiefs 8-8 with 39.5% chance

#5 Bills 11-5 with 86.1% chance

#6 Ravens with 72..2% chance

Despite having the top running game and third-ranked passing efficiency in the AFC, people continue to sleep on the Bills; trust the numbers, Fred Jackson ain't Travis Henry.

ESPN has introduced a 2012 NFL Playoff Predictor:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7141042/introducing-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor?addata=2009_insdr_mod_nfl_xxx_xxx

It has the Bills as a #5 seed at 12-4 with a 62.9 % chance of making the playoffs.

The rest of the AFC goes like this:

#1 Patriots 14-2 with 90.6% chance

#2 Texans 12-4 with 72.6% chance

#3 Ravens 12-4 with 85.6% chance

#4 Chargers 8-8 with 55.3% chance

#6 Steelers 11-5 with 59.8% chance

If that scenario held up the Bills would travel to San Diego in the Wildcard Round. I'd signup for this scenario right now!!!

Go Bills!!!

That all sounds great, but the Bills aren't even half way through their season yet. Let's see how things look a month from now...

GO BILLS!

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Unless they start actually playing well, San Diego is no shoe-in for the playoffs.

I believe all 4 of their wins were against teams which were winless at the time the Chargers played them… Minnesota, Kansas City, Miami, and Denver.

They don't have a quality win yet this year.

Actually, when San Diego beat Denver, the Broncos had 1 win.

Still no victories over a quality team.

We're going 8-2 the rest of the way?

With this defense?

I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

With this defense?

This defense? One outstanding performance against a LOUSY Redskins team - Let me give you some advice - Don't bet $ on them. In 4 to 6 more games if the D performs halfway as good as they did then you could bet the bank.

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor)

4:05 pm

11/06 New York Jets

1:00 pm

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins

11/27 @ New York Jets

12/04 Tennessee Titans

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers

4:15 pm

12/18 Miami Dolphins

12/24 Denver Broncos

1/01 @ New England Patriots

The Bills should do no worse than 6-4 with this remaining schedule....I wonder where they have the Bills losing two.

I could see losses to the Pats, Jets, Cowboys, and maybe San Diego on the road. That would be 11-5 or 10-6.

Jets /Bills matchup is a 1:00 PM start time. (just so nobody gets confused and misses it)

Updated Today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7176905/kansas-city-chiefs-make-playoffs-espn-insider-nfl-playoffs-predictor

#1 Patriots 12-4 with 90.8% chance

#2 Steelers 11-5 with 76.7% chance

#3 Texans 10-6 with 82.3% chance

#4 Chiefs 8-8 with 39.5% chance

#5 Bills 11-5 with 86.1% chance

#6 Ravens with 72..2% chance

Despite having the top running game and third-ranked passing efficiency in the AFC, people continue to sleep on the Bills; trust the numbers, Fred Jackson ain't Travis Henry.

so the bills win 23-0, and espn now projects them to go 11-5 with 86% chance, instead of 12-4 with 60-something percent chance.... :blink:

SI has us getting the 6th seed, beating Houston in the wild card round, and losing to the Steelers in the divisional round. Regardless, anything with Buffalo Bills and playoffs in the same sentence is awesome!

Super Bowl. But then we loose again, this time to Green Bay. But whatever. This defense will improve throught the remainder of the season, even with the uninspiring play calling of Edwards. No QB can throw when their center is in their face. This will happen a lot with Marcell on the inside. We just need to continue the pass rush, or pressure even, then we can let the DB's continue their interception streak. We shouldn't be afraid of anyone in the AFC right now. Our offense can score quickly, or slow it down with Jackson runs, and I"m sure Gailey has trick plays he's waiting to use.

Pats* 14-2? They would have to run the table and that just isn't happening. Bills 12-4? That's 7-2 the rest of the way and I don't see that happening either. I think that ESPN is just pulling this crap out of their ass.

Why don't you see the Bills going 12-4? If they win this week, they'll be on pace to do just that and they have a easier 2nd half schedule with the fins twice and Denver at home yet to come. 12-4 wouldn't shock me at all, and I actually think 14-2 or 13-3 are possible, though unlikely.

Why don't you see the Bills going 12-4? If they win this week, they'll be on pace to do just that and they have a easier 2nd half schedule with the fins twice and Denver at home yet to come. 12-4 wouldn't shock me at all, and I actually think 14-2 or 13-3 are possible, though unlikely.

I just think 10-11 wins is likely the range they finish in. 8-9 wins seems worst case scenario. To me 12 wins would be a best case scenario. For the Bills to finish 12-4 that would mean only losing 2 games. Which is hard considering they have tough road games against the Jets and Pats*.

If they win this week it sets them up nicely but this week is far from a given. Also Dallas and San Diego away aren't easy. And even the Titans at home aren't a push over. Also we view Miami twice and Denver as wins but its the NFL nothing is gauranteed.

If the Bills can beat the Jets this week and go to 6-2 I think 12-4 is a real possibility. But lets see how this week plays out.

The Packers and Patriots both have worse defenses. Do you doubt they will make the playoffs?

They have to two best QBs in the league. Like it or not that makes up for a lot of other deficiencies - see the Indianapolis Colts this year if you doubt this.