Holland NY Girls Soccer team Shafted

Hammered a Lot

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls were emotional because they're not being allowed to play in their post season. No sectionals and possibly no regionals or state playoffs because they were scheduled for 17 games this season but only 16 are allowed. That's according to state public high school athletic association guidelines. The rules go on to say "If an individual or team exceeds the maximum number of contests permitted, the penalty is team ineligibility from the date of violation for the rest of the season.

They were? Sorry girls. Life has rules and when rules are broken you pay the price. So what if they had nothing to do with breaking the rule. Sure it sucks but it they get in someone will probably have to be bumped and that would suck even more.

Not to get all political (and I'm not going to say which side of the debate I fall on) but I found this to be rather fitting given our country's current situation:

"What does that say when they're punishing our kids for something they didn't do," said Janice Kapuscinski, a soccer mom.

Get used to it lady.

Ok, read the article... Sounds like the typical modern whiny parents with their crybaby kids.

The school calls it a mistake saying several people in their athletic department overlooked how many games were scheduled.

Welp, thats what happens when you make mistakes. You pay the consequences. Sorry girls, take it up with your school officials. NO ONE in the athletic department knew this rule??

It does sound like a really stupid reason to be banned from the post season. When I first started reading I was expecting something good like drug use or an abusive coach. Instead I get "they played one too many games". What a joke.

It does sound like a really stupid reason to be banned from the post season. When I first started reading I was expecting something good like drug use or an abusive coach. Instead I get "they played one too many games". What a joke.

Yeah rules suck. Great message to give to kids. You don't like the rules don't cry when you're punished for breaking one. Do something about getting it changed. That is a much better message to give to kids. Isn't the whole reason for high school to prepare kids for life?

Welp, thats what happens when you make mistakes. You pay the consequences. Sorry girls, take it up with your school officials. NO ONE in the athletic department knew this rule??

More likely none of them could count. But I'm sure they've all taken multi-cultural diversity sensitivity training.

Yeah rules suck. Great message to give to kids. You don't like the rules don't cry when you're punished for breaking one. Do something about getting it changed. That is a much better message to give to kids. Isn't the whole reason for high school to prepare kids for life?

Winner winner, chicken dinner!!

Absolutely, rules are rules. By my god that's a whole bunch of stupidity involved on both sides.

Been a while since you've been in HS huh? :)

Now we pander to them, tell them they're special, and that they can be and do anything that makes them happy.

Wonder why we now have a generation of spoiled whiners?

Edited by Joe Miner

Absolutely, rules are rules. By my god that's a whole bunch of stupidity involved on both sides.

Well let's think about this for a second. They schedule 17 games instead of 16 and go 15-2 while the other top team goes 14-2. Let me ask you a question. Who do you seed higher? Rules are made for a reason and that rule, IMO, is not stupid at all.

Been a while since you've been in HS huh? :)

Now we pander to them, tell them they're special, and that they can be and do anything that makes them happy.

Wonder why we now have a generation of spoiled whiners?

Oh we were told we were special.

"You folks are a special brand of stupid. Get your act together or you'll go nowhere in life!" If that don't light a fire under your lazy butt, I don't know what will.

Oh we were told we were special.

"You folks are a special brand of stupid. Get your act together or you'll go nowhere in life!" If that don't light a fire under your lazy butt, I don't know what will.

You mean like this? Kids and parents are such pussies these days.

http://rivals.yahoo....ghschool-wp7695

Audio of the rant that got him fired.

Edited by erynthered

Well let's think about this for a second. They schedule 17 games instead of 16 and go 15-2 while the other top team goes 14-2. Let me ask you a question. Who do you seed higher? Rules are made for a reason and that rule, IMO, is not stupid at all.

Do they all have the same number of games though? It always seems like different schools schedule differently. Any seeding would be done by games within the conference/division/whatever they have, but then the teams usually have a couple games outside of that. Then again, I went to a private high school so things may have been different.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n9UHl71lsRs

I played drums in my high school marching band. Our director was a tough SOB! If your line wasn't dressed right he'd literally run up and kick you in the ass. If you messed up he'd get in your face and give you major hell. But guess what. Our marching band went from bad and a terrible community embarassment to finishing at least top three in every competition we marched in and usually number one. And we loved it, we loved him and we enjoyed ourselves. I found him on line a few years ago and sent him a great thank you letter.

I have heard worse. Hell, I had a football coach that used to use a 2x4 to knock me in the head when I would practice long snapping. I don't no feel any differences in my thoughting from it - it was just a bored.

Shoot, I would even get on to kids I coached that bad. But, I was a great coach.